How high does my fortitude have to be?

Jemcrystal

I have a 20 Fortitude and still only take 3 hits from troodons (I think, never really tested, it feels like it at least).

However, I live up north and my tribemates were always complaining about freezing to death, and I thought they were just being overly dramatic about it, until we talked about fortitude. They had 0.

I can still freeze to death though, so I dunno about getting that high of a stat.

11 minutes ago, smaddox425 said:

I always have at least 50 fortitude. It's really useful to defend against torpor damage.

Yeah i could say i always have 150 food, its useful because you dont starve that fast. But its all a question of personal preferance. I would like 50 fort but since points are limited i only spend like 5 on fort and the rest in stats that are more important. I carry stims with me to counter unexpected torpor gain and i wear armor, which reduces incoming torpor as well.

Honestly, just get a high level otter and level melee. They help a ton with the cold and a good amount with the heat. Also get higher than primitive armor for the extreme conditions you'll be in (fur armor for cold as an example). If those options aren't available you could also cook the resistance food: Calien soup for heat and Fria Curry for cold. With a few points into fort, say 5 or 10, and any of these you should be good.

I use no fortitude. It is a waste and is broken right now. I tame a few 150 otters (on The Island, difficulty 5, higher on other maps) and breed the highest damage and health ones. Once you get to 1k damage you can wear anything, anywhere. Use your wasted fortitude points in something useful like health.

For reference, my Center server is difficulty 6, SE is 7, Rag is 8, Ab is 9, and Ext is 10. You CAN get higher level otters on other maps, once you make it to them. A wild female otter on Rag at level 240, tamed to 359, is fierce out of the box, but add those levels and it is awesome!

The only downside to otters is that you cannot use shoulder-mount pets.

I have 4 different chars ranging from 72 (Ext) to 102 (Center) and I think I have started to ignore Fortitude now. I usually went to mid 30s but I think on my latest char its like 10 and I havent seen anything major in difference from my 30 odd character. I went to snow biome on Ext in Ghillie yesterday and was taming snow owls for an hr. Even with the frost icon I didnt die, I only ate about 4 pieces of cooked meat.

Think I will lower my other chars fortitude to now to be honest as it seems a waste. 

If I go anywhere cold, I usually take fur armour so its not really any issue. If I go anywhere its always with a dino on neutral so even if I get dropped by a Troodon, it doesnt last long. 

Fortitude is for the weak :P 

Archived