4 days in to a fresh server YAY desert titan wipe

Ronson12

Sooo riddle me this:titanasaur,takes time,resources and effort to tame has what 100k HP? flying Titan has 500k HP you walk up and press triangle to tame(the triangle button being x1 argy and x1 owl).

So after spending hours on end building up for 4 days on a fresh sever someones flying around on an end game tame absolutley laughing at everyone and wiped all the server and claiming "well we arent going to wait if we can tame it".please please please WILCARD explain to me the logic of having such tames so easy accessible,so accessible people barely out of bob status and they are wiping servers.titans good idea,ease of taming,STUPID idea.i aint even salty about the base,its ark it was destinded to be wiped,i am salty about your incompetence ...

18 minutes ago, Vaculity said:

Heres my question: why did you pick a fully-set up server?
Its a dumb question, I know, but in a PvP server, that is to be expected, people throwing titans over just to screw newcomers over before they become a threat to them.

who said fully setup server? i said "fresh" server,we were there the second the sever was added barely 4 days ago.small tribes official.

people still barely learning the map nevermind flying around on 500K HP mega quertzls

just to clarify,our tribe has played since early access,we are far from begginers and we have controlled multiple servers on our own and been in multiple mega tribes over the years.our choice of building or anything else is not the problem here,the problem here is 1 argy plus 1 owl equals taming mega 500,000 HP flying tames.anyone with any salt about them knows the difference between right and wrong,balanced and unbalanced.taming such a thing so easy is wrong and unbalanced,its not even debatable...

1 hour ago, Arsequick said:

Bro wyverns aren’t hard to kill, all you need is a good Rex and owl, or even a turret tower set on all targets and lure wyverns into it 

Yeah but thats what I'm saying , a good Rex or giga  or a turret tower not just two birds. Let's be real , no bob tribe is getting a 4 day titan on official servers.

They have built a metal base with turrets , found and tamed high level tames , probably a giga or Rex , colleted the stuff and tamed the titan, while defending against the rest of the server. There is probably 45 of them helping each other grind . They reach end game quicker because of sheer man power. 

Think getting the dragon talons was probably one guys whole play time , and another spend a whole day getting sarco skins while another was collecting corupt hearts. WHile others were building taming etc . They get weeks of work for a normal tribe done  in a day . 

Lets be realistic they probably would have wiped you anyway , just with different means .

Or you can just use your max level bred imprinted velis that every 4 day old tribe has access too lol

14 minutes ago, SmokeyB said:

Yeah but thats what I'm saying , a good Rex or giga  or a turret tower not just two birds. Let's be real , no bob tribe is getting a 4 day titan on official servers.

They have built a metal base with turrets , found and tamed high level tames , probably a giga or Rex , colleted the stuff and tamed the titan, while defending against the rest of the server. There is probably 45 of them helping each other grind . They reach end game quicker because of sheer man power. 

Think getting the dragon talons was probably one guys whole play time , and another spend a whole day getting sarco skins while another was collecting corupt hearts. WHile others were building taming etc . They get weeks of work for a normal tribe done  in a day . 

Lets be realistic they probably would have wiped you anyway , just with different means .

Or you can just use your max level bred imprinted velis that every 4 day old tribe has access too lol

you're making far too  many assumptions and you are missing the point.the actual taming of the titan is the problem.they would not of wiped us without that titan,they would of done it before taming it,trust me they could not do it.also making scenarios up is not how the game works,every server plays out differently and it's not set in stone to have the issues you mention.

43 minutes ago, SmokeyB said:

45 people? Lol no bro same thing happened to my tribe, 5th day of fresh servers on small tribes server, a tribe tamed the desert titan, it’s really not hard at all you can collect everything in a couple hours it’s 10 Sarcos skins, 10 talons, and 100 corrupt hearts, you can literally collect all of this with one good lvl 200 rex. The desert Titan is easier to tame than an actual OG Island “Titan” Literally no one at QA tested it because it’s ridiculous. 

19 minutes ago, Ronson12 said:

you're making far too  many assumptions and you are missing the point.the actual taming of the titan is the problem.they would not of wiped us without that titan,they would of done it before taming it,trust me they could not do it.also making scenarios up is not how the game works,every server plays out differently and it's not set in stone to have the issues you mention.

The taming of the titan is irrelevant,  a big tribe joined the server and wiped everyone within 4 days . Same story on most servers . 

Doesn't matter if it was an easy tame titan , a op mech or even 2 guys at 7am with a stego and a snow owl , you got wiped . You had equal chance to build and tame like them , why wasnt you ready to tame titans ? They built up first and won the server.

Even if taming a titan took 100k metal and 10k black pearls they would have got it first and still wiped you.

18 minutes ago, SmokeyB said:

The taming of the titan is irrelevant,  a big tribe joined the server and wiped everyone within 4 days . Same story on most servers . 

Doesn't matter if it was an easy tame titan , a op mech or even 2 guys at 7am with a stego and a snow owl , you got wiped . You had equal chance to build and tame like them , why wasnt you ready to tame titans ? They built up first and won the server.

Even if taming a titan took 100k metal and 10k black pearls they would have got it first and still wiped you.

You’re not thinking thoroughly, the reason the desert titan is broken is 1, it’s the easiest of the 3 to tame, 2, being able to tame the Titan so easily so early in the game makes it almost impossible to defend against it being how early it is and people not having crazy defensive setups. If it was harder to tame : requirements to summon, taming method, etc it would  require more resources to tame, in turn making it a late game tame instead, you’d have a better chance to defend against it if you had more  defensive structures and tames. Being such an early tameable creature makes it broken against any early game base. You should not be able to have the resources to tame it within 5 days of the server being up. Actually killing it proves more difficult than taming it has no logical sense. 

He's literally said many times it's in small tribes so how we talking 45 people man power and all that rubbish... Titans are too easy to tame it's quite clear that they're far too easy. Couldn't care about their stats because they are counterable. But quickly and how easily they can be tamed is kinda a joke. 

6 hours ago, SmokeyB said:

its 6 man tribe server how many times do i need to say stop making up scenarios and they ain't a big tribe,they have less players than us,omg.you do not need a mega tribe or 6 players to tame a desert titan, which is the whole point you choose to ignore....

2 hours ago, Arsequick said:

You’re not thinking thoroughly, the reason the desert titan is broken is 1, it’s the easiest of the 3 to tame, 2, being able to tame the Titan so easily so early in the game makes it almost impossible to defend against it being how early it is and people not having crazy defensive setups. If it was harder to tame : requirements to summon, taming method, etc it would  require more resources to tame, in turn making it a late game tame instead, you’d have a better chance to defend against it if you had more  defensive structures and tames. Being such an early tameable creature makes it broken against any early game base. You should not be able to have the resources to tame it within 5 days of the server being up. Actually killing it proves more difficult than taming it has no logical sense. 

exactly,this guy gets it.no imprints,no bloodlines just straight to end game content.how many artifacts do you need to spawn bosses in? basi blubber and spino spines can be aids at times due to spawns,all these things make boss fights time consuming and "end game".this on extinction has 0 challenge and aint time consuming at all.people dont realise these things have more HP that anything ever in ark...

2 hours ago, Dylan1602 said:

He's literally said many times it's in small tribes so how we talking 45 people man power and all that rubbish... Titans are too easy to tame it's quite clear that they're far too easy. Couldn't care about their stats because they are counterable. But quickly and how easily they can be tamed is kinda a joke. 

yes exactly,i don't think they should be nerfed and are fine as they are as long as they are hard as raptor to aquire specially early game....

I'm curious how they got through the desert cave. If this is small-tribes official they can't fly in the cave, but I think you can still cheese it with a managarmr? Maybe a managarmr shouldn't be able to use it's jets in the cave...

Maybe they should change all the titan summons to require one of each artifact - that way you can't just cheese the desert titan cave?

4 hours ago, Mctoozle said:

I'm curious how they got through the desert cave. If this is small-tribes official they can't fly in the cave, but I think you can still cheese it with a managarmr? Maybe a managarmr shouldn't be able to use it's jets in the cave...

Maybe they should change all the titan summons to require one of each artifact - that way you can't just cheese the desert titan cave?

Fliers only got disabled in caves the other day.I've seen them in the cave on mana after the patch. 

Also that caves weak, me and a friend clear it daily with mate boosted vels for chitin and poly. You insta gib golems, bats can't give you aids because you kill them at range everything else is of 0 threat 

6 hours ago, Ronson12 said:

Also that caves weak, me and a friend clear it daily with mate boosted vels for chitin and poly. You insta gib golems, bats can't give you aids because you kill them at range everything else is of 0 threat 

Maybe they should have some 200+ aggressive velonasaurs in there? :)  Anyways, the desert titan does seem much too easy to tame.

Archived