Possible to get a refund ?

NightCap

Been playing for a month or so now and Ark has been a great game. However, last week some tribes showed up on our Island server with King Reapers and Wyverns and started wiping everyone. Afterwards, they installed a tribe who just keeps wiping everyone and telling them to leave. So far we´ve been resisiting and starting over from zero at different locations. All the others have left.

This obviously made them angry, and they keep looking for us and finding us, wiping us all over. I´m actually fed up with this, it´s no longer fun.

The really sad part is they are telling us we should quit the game, if we change server they´ll folow us there and wipe us there again.

So I was wondering, is it possible to get a refund ? Atleast i can buy a different game then. If a game tells me I should quit it, I would hope to get my money back :(

lol haha.

That is called PVP bro. Harden up, fight them back or go to another server. You've played the game more then 2 hours therefore no refund.

There is also the option of Small Tribe servers which limit tribe size to 6. That is probably your best option but again you will get attacked, you will be fighting other players and your base will at some point probably be wiped clean. That is how PVP works.

1 hour ago, NightCap said:

Been playing for a month or so now and Ark has been a great game. However, last week some tribes showed up on our Island server with King Reapers and Wyverns and started wiping everyone. Afterwards, they installed a tribe who just keeps wiping everyone and telling them to leave. So far we´ve been resisiting and starting over from zero at different locations. All the others have left.

This obviously made them angry, and they keep looking for us and finding us, wiping us all over. I´m actually fed up with this, it´s no longer fun.

The really sad part is they are telling us we should quit the game, if we change server they´ll folow us there and wipe us there again.

So I was wondering, is it possible to get a refund ? Atleast i can buy a different game then. If a game tells me I should quit it, I would hope to get my money back :(

I know you’re upset, but I’m going to give you a few tips to try to not have a bad time with ARK or any other online survival game.

1) don’t play official, there are literally no rules and zergs and cheaters run rampent.

2) find a unofficial server with smaller tribe rules, offline raid protection or active moderators.

3) give PVE a chance.  PVE still has PVP element in it, tribes can both consent to go to war at a set time.

4) give single player a try, you avoid the trolling and lag of servers and get to enjoy your own world.

understand that this is how all games like this are, I used to play Rust and 99% of that community is extremely toxic since the only point of the game is PvP.  That’s the kind of thing you are setting yourself up for when you play official PvP.

27 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

I know you’re upset, but I’m going to give you a few tips to try to not have a bad time with ARK or any other online survival game.

1) don’t play official, there are literally no rules and zergs and cheaters run rampent.

2) find a unofficial server with smaller tribe rules, offline raid protection or active moderators.

3) give PVE a chance.  PVE still has PVP element in it, tribes can both consent to go to war at a set time.

4) give single player a try, you avoid the trolling and lag of servers and get to enjoy your own world.

understand that this is how all games like this are, I used to play Rust and 99% of that community is extremely toxic since the only point of the game is PvP.  That’s the kind of thing you are setting yourself up for when you play official PvP.

QFT. 

Devs don't refund just because you have a bad game experience because of pathetic PvP newcoming trashers.

I don't think the OP is that serious about getting a refund. I think he's just trying to make a valid point. The point is WC needs to reinvent PVP for a 'sandbox' type of environment for Ark 2. Amen. Official pvp servers resemble too much like that of Anarchy and is not worth the amount of time and energy needed to play as a result. It truly isn't worth playing official PVP other than small tribes at the moment. I'm glad they branched out to test small tribe servers though. 

Why does my post need to be approved by a modderator? You see, even the forums are anarchy, or some ratchet form of internet communism. This is so stupid..

Just change servers, they aren’t going to find you. It’s just intimidation to keep you there. 

If a huge tribe or mega is harassing me like that, I dedicate my time off work to destroy everything they have. I have stockpiles of c4 and rockets. Ascendant pike, crossbow and fab rifle is all I need for tames.

I once encountered an unconscious wild 105 Giga that was being tamed by NoPants..Free 50 stacks of bio toxin and countless narcotics. Stored ALL of the prime in my argy and harvested giga for about 50 from my Rex lol. 

They were starting construction on blue on defense but I was able to upload everything just in time. 

We're just trying to move around the map at the time. It´s just hard to get by. We try to stay away from them as far as possible. Problems is they are real sociopathic a*holes who keep scanning the map and proud themselves in having accomplished to destroy something we build. I wonder how these people live on a day to day basis.

Someone on the server told me the problem will correct itself eventually. Apparently the guy from this megatribe called 'United We Stand' or something did something he referred to as 'insiding'. 

Turns out that guy took dinos and kit that belonged to the tribe with him when he joined the new tribe and when they find out they will not be pleasant. My friend on the server told it's one of the worst things someone can do and that they will probably wipe all of them completely.

I just hope they then move along and not install yet another abusive psychopathic tribe so we can get back without massive inbalance.

22 hours ago, NightCap said:

We're just trying to move around the map at the time. It´s just hard to get by. We try to stay away from them as far as possible. Problems is they are real sociopathic a*holes who keep scanning the map and proud themselves in having accomplished to destroy something we build. I wonder how these people live on a day to day basis.

Someone on the server told me the problem will correct itself eventually. Apparently the guy from this megatribe called 'United We Stand' or something did something he referred to as 'insiding'. 

Turns out that guy took dinos and kit that belonged to the tribe with him when he joined the new tribe and when they find out they will not be pleasant. My friend on the server told it's one of the worst things someone can do and that they will probably wipe all of them completely.

I just hope they then move along and not install yet another abusive psychopathic tribe so we can get back without massive inbalance.

probably =/= definitely, but I really hope karma bite their back.

Also, unfortunately, in PvP, there will always be an "alpha tribe" who wants nothing more than to "dominate" the entire server, even if it means pulling the most unscrupulous method of getting rid of them, or even go nolife 24/7 just to remove every "threat" around. If you play PvP, expect a psychotic tribe like that to pop out one day or another even if the last one gets removed.

Archived