Got a very beginner question

RiverO

+1 for singleplayer... World pauses when you exit the game. Less chance of an alpha getting through your stone walls while you sleep/are at work

What do in singleplayer? You harvest tame breed and explore much in the same way as multiplayer.. Just no tribesmates to help.

Theres no people to try and offline raid you but you still do need to make defences.. Spikes can just aggro the larger creatures.. Use pX and autoturrets.. Not as many as youd need in pvp but you still need them. Simply having a stone gate perimeter isnt enough when things can spawn inside..

13 minutes ago, d1nk said:

I still build walls in singleplayer. Last thing you want is to be in base crafting, encumbered and a rex to mozy on in and start chomping your tames. I just feel more safe. My walls have saved me many times

My current singleplayer base has behemothgate perimeter for titans gigas and alphas with a flat pad of foundations for the structures.. No walls or roof ontop Lol i have turrets up in case anything small or flying gets in though.. It feels nice to have an open base design after being cooped up in MP bases..

48 minutes ago, Phyrist said:

My current singleplayer base has behemothgate perimeter for titans gigas and alphas with a flat pad of foundations for the structures.. No walls or roof ontop Lol i have turrets up in case anything small or flying gets in though.. It feels nice to have an open base design after being cooped up in MP bases..

Haha i feel so weird doing that. Old habits die hard I guess! I spent most of my many hours on official pve, whenever I make something (even in SP) I subconciously think how to make it lure/grief-proof. Im on scorched now so I probably wont do that but next play ill probably force myself to do it.. just to mix it up. 

First I would get a good sorce of food going and then tame loads of dilos to attack turtles and paras aura for easter meat. Soon get a bola, and tranq arrows and a bow to tame parasaurs and iguanadons. DO NOT attack trikes or the bronto until you have tested capability to take them on. Then get petras and so forth

Base defense in SP??

thing about single player is different to your own dedicated server. 

on single player the world stops when you quite. your babies aren't growing or eating. its like you hit Pause..  no wild dino's are spawning when your offline.

cause there is no offline.. the game only runs when your online. 

Archived