Jellyfish=Too many water dinos can't be used

Migol

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, davidcostarica said:

My question is why risk a mosa to the cavern of the lost?

The whole point of the big tames is to use them, these caverns with super hi lvled dinos is essentially the only places where u actually want their raw pwr and hp.  Any of the large tames can own the jellies but if ur flanked or flat out ninjaed ur screwed.  The whole purpose for mosa wud b these caverns if it wasnt 4 the jellies.  Even tuso hav it hard wen they get jumped by ninja eels or jellies

1 hour ago, Onimusha759 said:

The whole point of the big tames is to use them, these caverns with super hi lvled dinos is essentially the only places where u actually want their raw pwr and hp.  Any of the large tames can own the jellies but if ur flanked or flat out ninjaed ur screwed.  The whole purpose for mosa wud b these caverns if it wasnt 4 the jellies.  Even tuso hav it hard wen they get jumped by ninja eels or jellies

Just wear some scuba plus cactus soup and lazarus chowder and swim inside, take the loot and artifact and get out, thats how i do if i want to go to that cave. The only way IMO to do that cave is with 2+ people riding high power mosa/basi/tuso. My method requires no tames whatsoever and is 100% efective.

27 minutes ago, davidcostarica said:

Just wear some scuba plus cactus soup and lazarus chowder and swim inside, take the loot and artifact and get out, thats how i do if i want to go to that cave. The only way IMO to do that cave is with 2+ people riding high power mosa/basi/tuso. My method requires no tames whatsoever and is 100% efective.

Since im almost always riding something i find points into speed 2 b a waste.  Theres only a few skills actually worth putting points into, hp, dmg, tiny bit into stam, and weight.  Crafting is way to unreliable 2 use 4 blueprints and u can mindwipe 4 recipes, i hardly eat or drink bcus im riding something and scuba instantly makes oxygen worthless.  Fort has 2 lil of an effect 2 b worth anything.  So with how the games so rider based im not sure many ppl cud solo swim thru cavern of lost hope with squids and mosas wanting u dead.  Hav a pleis and mosa wit saddles follow ur squid seems 2 work pretty well tho.  Iv dun the cavern a few times successfully wit a cave bary(Best caver EVR) and a squid.  Its just rly stupid how the jellies dominate tho or how they can sneak up on u bcus the devs lik chains and whips.  Since wen do jellies pulse electricity anyways?  Still the purpose of big dinos r hard locations such as caves.

On 2/21/2018 at 2:35 PM, Dinopolis said:

Not every dino on here is going to be equipped to handle every situation the game throws at you. The jellies are slow and easy to hunt by boat or how I enjoy hunting them on the island or anywhere else is with a pairing of the pelagornis and ichthyornis. I lure them out by swimming above them  on the pelagornis until they surface and then I take off above them. Throw the ichthyornis into the air using the R key and use the attack this command with ichthyornis and it will instantly kill it. Then I come down and collect my prize of bio-toxin with the pelagornis.

The problem with jellyfish (and other auto-stunlock creatures like getting ambushed by a Baryonyx underwater) is that they negate nearly *every* tame.  There are literally *two* aquatic tames that can safely fight them.  Anything else, if you get caught by surprise, you probably die.  Want to use an angler?  Better take a whale to eat all the jellies first.  Want to mess around on an icthy or manta?  Oh, right, you need to take a whale in case of surprise jellies.  Want to do the water cave and don't have a whale?  Sucks to be you, either prepare to lose tame after tame to surprise jellies coming out of the walls, or... come back when you have a whale.

And there's nothing you can do to prevent it.  If you prefer another tame, or just want to ride something else, tough.  There's no way to increase their resistance, or decrease the stun time.  (Or if there is, it's certainly not obvious to me.)  You might be able to work around it, but if a jelly *ever* catches you by surprise, it will wreck you.  The flaw with jellyfish isn't "not every tame is good for every job."  It's that if there are jellies, there are exactly *two* tames that are useful at all.  Anything else is rolling the dice that you're never, ever going to slip up and miss one while you're busy doing something else.    Just because it isn't a problem for you doesn't mean it isn't a problem.

Honestly, I think it's an issue with the TLC pass.  Yay, Sarcos and Spinos are getting a visual upgrade and new powers.  So what?  On any map but Aberration, you'd be foolish to actually *use* them.  (Aberration takes the novel approach of not giving you any choice, because whales and squid don't exist there without mods.)  Kapros and baryonyx will still make them risky to use in the swamps, and jellyfish and eels make it nearly suicidal to use them anywhere else.  They'll still be tames that you'd only use because you don't have a whale yet.

20 hours ago, Cannoli said:

Jellyfish are the most annoying underwater creature other than the recent bugged Tusos who don't let go of your water tames until it's dead. They should just either reduce the amount of jellyfish or nerf them hard. I cant express how many times i've accidentally ventured into a group of them and got killed lol.  

I just experienced this today! We found an 88 tuso and a friendly tribe wanted help so I brought my tank, let it grab it, and they fed the thing. Fifth or sixth grab, it pushed my tank underground and refused to let go. However, it wasn't hurting it. Along with that, we could no longer feed it. Had to kill it to get my tank back.

I don't have issues with them. I have been killed exactly once by them. I fail to understand what the issue is. I do leave the tuso outside my pen because a few (4-8) spawn there at times and the tuso just slaps the crap out of them if they attack while I am not around. When out and about I just do not have issues with them. I have more issues with the trillions of sharks. Mainly, I have to fight every two feet just to keep going. Annoying things, but not dangerous.

Fun fact, the tuso can pick up alpha mosas and alpha megalodons! Can't knock them out but you CAN kill them or drag them around.

7 minutes ago, Kraumpound said:

To me they are balanced. They are super slow. There is a negative to them. You just have to be careful and be paying attention, they're definitely some issues where they can be OP, but for the most part I believe other dinos need more TLC then this one.

Wen they come out of the wall on u and trash ur mount super beastly monster ur riding wit absolutely no way to save em because they clip inside of it isnt balanced, its game over.  Granted i usually dnt hav trouble wit jellies, but a squid isnt immune 2 them and once they get close u cnt get to em just lik anglers or mantas.  Iv managed 2 grapple the anglers and mantas but thats not a sure thing.  I believe i managed 2 rip up sum eels that got to close b4 lik that too.

All of the superpowers given to specific wild dinos are OP. Ten second stun of a 5-ton spino by a half-ton baryonix? Really? Same goes for microraptors and jellies, purlovias and thylas. They need to take the same nerf bat they used on eels and tone down the wild superpowers. Gameplay isn't play unless you can take some kind of action when under attack. 

Edit: Reading up, there's a lot of "no we need the danger and they're not that dangerous anyways" posts. To be clear, my problem is not just with their danger level. Dangerous is great! That's why I'm playing a survival game. My problem is both the level and TYPE of danger they pose. It's just ... crudely inappropriate in so many respects it annoys me, and the fact that you're helpless once hit only rubs in the frustration. You want dangerous jellies? Give their sting a stam drain over time and spread those tentacles out 15 feet from the jelly. Make that sting hit dinos and mounted players too, but leave enough time between stings to let the players at least escape, or down stimulant to keep fighting if you need to loot them. (and for the love of immersion, lose that overdone lightning effects. OMG.)

Same with the other dinos I mentioned. Do not do ham-handed stuff like auto-dismounting or stun-locking ffs. If you really have to have a dismount or stun, make it a target-the-player thing so the player can try to keep the dino between them to avoid it. With, y'know, actual gameplay on the player's part, so there's at least the chance of having some fun with the situation. 

14 hours ago, Milsurp said:

All of the superpowers given to specific wild dinos are OP. Ten second stun of a 5-ton spino by a half-ton baryonix? Really? Same goes for microraptors and jellies, purlovias and thylas. They need to take the same nerf bat they used on eels and tone down the wild superpowers. Gameplay isn't play unless you can take some kind of action when under attack. 

Edit: Reading up, there's a lot of "no we need the danger and they're not that dangerous anyways" posts. To be clear, my problem is not just with their danger level. Dangerous is great! That's why I'm playing a survival game. My problem is both the level and TYPE of danger they pose. It's just ... crudely inappropriate in so many respects it annoys me, and the fact that you're helpless once hit only rubs in the frustration. You want dangerous jellies? Give their sting a stam drain over time and spread those tentacles out 15 feet from the jelly. Make that sting hit dinos and mounted players too, but leave enough time between stings to let the players at least escape, or down stimulant to keep fighting if you need to loot them. (and for the love of immersion, lose that overdone lightning effects. OMG.)

Same with the other dinos I mentioned. Do not do ham-handed stuff like auto-dismounting or stun-locking ffs. If you really have to have a dismount or stun, make it a target-the-player thing so the player can try to keep the dino between them to avoid it. With, y'know, actual gameplay on the player's part, so there's at least the chance of having some fun with the situation. 

Good afternoon America.  This is You Just Got Owned, with your host, Me onimusha.  Today we are taking you into the depths of the Snow Cave.  The Snow Cave is known for its harsh cold, unique yet dangerous denizens, and those Mother bliping Purlovias.  Riding the carno i raised in the cave was a simple task together with my beloved otter ottis keeping me warm.  It seemed all was well and the artifact would soon be mine...UNTIL...I rode right into a pack of buried purlovia.  In an instant my carno was stun locked and i followed soon after.  With great bravery and heart OTTIS fought from my shoulders like the lil hero he is.  Sadly his efforts were in vain as the carno and i fell, in that moment as 8 purlovia closed in on ottis he put his head between his legs and kissed his cute butt goodbye.  Later, after my respawn(Because we all know good reporters never truly die), we held a funeral for ottis and commemorated his bravery and heart with a 21 gun salute and military funeral trumpet performance.  May we all remember his bravery and heart...And how darn cute he was.  :'(  this is onimusha saying, HE GOT OWNED!  GOODNIGHT

• 3 weeks later...

In open water, the Cnidaria are pretty easy to deal with, or avoid completely. This isn't the issue.

In caves, they phase through walls, and you don't have a chance to turn around to fight in the confined spaces, and of course this pretty much always happens when you're already fighting many other creatures.

Maybe nerfing them isn't the answer, but instead fix the issue with phasing through walls and getting stuck inside big times? (Same problem with Arthropleura jumping out of walls, or spitting through walls). Saying that, I guess this isn't likely to be fixed either.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived