Strategy for farming nameless venom?

Gogohorse

its a bit hit and miss. you need to eat all the dinos in an area you know they spawn in (e.g. blue zone) then clap/turn off the sholder light pet.   Let the Alpha stay up for a while and move around while more spawn.  Keep moving a bit, using s mega will harvest the bags as it kills them (usually) turn on pet, then go back to the area you moved around in and look for loot bags  / check your dinos inventory .   Don't loot while they are attacking

Still sometimes you get a bunch of venom, sometimes nothing spawns or no venom drops.  Move area till you get a alpha and 4-5 up and spawning. 

Keep your Dino inventory pretty empty when doing this.

FInd a spot where Nameless will spawn when you turn off your light, lots of them around, basically anywhere out of the "Green" area.

Once one spawns, wait, it will spawn more and an Alpha will morph, wait some more till you have 5 or 6 or more, then start chomping. Kill a few to get numbers down. If numbers grow to 10+ and alive long enough the Alpha summons a King. Not what you want for this venom farming.

So keep the numbers below 10, but never kill the last one. Once you have one or two left alive, wait again till you get 5-6+ and start chomping again.

You can keep this up indefinitely as long as you do not kill that last one.

Best Dino's - Rock Drakes, Spinos and Megas.

You can pull in 70+ venom in about 10-15 minutes depending on your luck for drops.

They also drop ramshackle/apprentice picks/hatchets/climbing picks/crossbows and zip line anchors.

Keep your inventory under 50% weight and you do not need to stop to loot bags on the ground.

19 hours ago, Todgins said:

As long as one nameless remains, it will mutate into the alpha (red). The alpha summons more nameless, so once you kill a few leave some alive, turn on the light, once they burrow go loot the bags, then turn off the light and let more spawn.

This doesn't always happen to me. Not all nameless will mutate into 'alpha' even after you killed it.

3 hours ago, Palenor said:

Keep your Dino inventory pretty empty when doing this.

FInd a spot where Nameless will spawn when you turn off your light, lots of them around, basically anywhere out of the "Green" area.

Once one spawns, wait, it will spawn more and an Alpha will morph, wait some more till you have 5 or 6 or more, then start chomping. Kill a few to get numbers down. If numbers grow to 10+ and alive long enough the Alpha summons a King. Not what you want for this venom farming.

So keep the numbers below 10, but never kill the last one. Once you have one or two left alive, wait again till you get 5-6+ and start chomping again.

You can keep this up indefinitely as long as you do not kill that last one.

Best Dino's - Rock Drakes, Spinos and Megas.

You can pull in 70+ venom in about 10-15 minutes depending on your luck for drops.

They also drop ramshackle/apprentice picks/hatchets/climbing picks/crossbows and zip line anchors.

Keep your inventory under 50% weight and you do not need to stop to loot bags on the ground.

I had mixed results with Reapers, but imprinted Mega with 600% DMG is just powerful enough to do some chomps without needing of light

Hop on the drake, go anywhere in blue(you want a clean lil area to walk in circles), turn off light pet, walk in circles. 
The goal is to keep one in enraged at all times, so he summons friends. 
Every so often stop and eat a few of the group.
The enraged one can stay up for a while, if he happens to die, make sure you let another enrage before killing them all.
If you leave the same enraged up for a long time, reaper may spawn.  So cycle out enraged one every so often.
Good tip mentioned above:  Keep you dino at less than half weight or 0 weight when starting, toss the meat and hide etc. to keep under half.  This allows the dino to eat the loot/venom, without you having to get off and search the ground for bags the nameless drop.
Lastly: I stop to kill after the group gets to about 12+, and probably kill the enraged every 3 cycles or so.

1. Get Megalo

2. Let Alpha Spawn

3. Keep eye on where normal nameless spawn.

4. Walk a few steps away, make semi wide turn and place the alpha behind you and the normal nameless spawn in front of you.

5. Eat normal nameless while the alpha eats your arse from behind.

6. Profit.

TLDR: Get the alpha behind you and don't kill it while the normal keep respawning in front of you. Keep putting the venum in your char inv and dumping everything else so your dino harvests the venom.

I think the biggest key to all of this is keeping your inventory rather minimal.  This way to constantly get the loot that would normally be dropped with a bag.  This goes true for anything that drops loot.  My method involved a mega with decent hp and high melee.  I would let the alpha spawn and then go to town on the others that started spawning in.  Most the times I would leave my pet off and make sure a plant z was near by and use the light from the plant to heal and keep the nameless at bay while I healed up.  

Archived