KIBBLE Problems and My opinion!

DiogoBarradas

Hi Survivors! So there are my thoughts about the kibbles.

Ok, I get the point that there must be a «hard» item that u need to get to perfect tame creatures or to make ur baby dinos stronger 'imprint', and that item on ARK is Kibble. To get kibble is not that easy, thats why is the best way to get good dinos, u have to tame a lot of dinos to lay u eggs rapidly, u need crops, u need to cook it and in the end u even have to have like 30+ units of them for certain 150 dinos. I know that there must not be easy to have a 100% taming effectiveness on a 150 wild rex...it cant be just kill some dinos and feed it meat, i guess thats why Devs made the Kibble a thing at all...but lets be real...kibble rly is a pain on my opinion...

1 - Dino Cap Problem: to make different kibbles for diferent dinos u want to tame, first u need to have certain types of kibble...and to do that u need diferent type sof eggs, and how do u get that? With kibble farms. U basicly tame 3/4 females and 1 male of a species (lets say dodos) and u basicly walk arround ur base doing ur stuff and come time to time to ur dodos to take their eggs to make kibble and tame a good dino with it...the problem is that the only kibble that there exists isnt just the dodo one...there are arround 50 types of differnet kibbles...so u will need to tame about 3/4 females x 5 and 1 male x1 of each speacie of dino in the game to be able to make all the kibbles u want....now imagine 40/50 diferent tribes on a single server doing that...the dinos on a normal official server will be mostly just for kibble purposes...so forget all of ur boss rexes, godlike gigas, color mutations...cause u wont be able to breed any of those due to the dino cap...for sure that this isnt the reaso why many of the official servers are tamed cap by now...but it is for sure one of the reasons why... (in my server for example, if someone discovers that u have a dodo farm u will be bullied in the chat :P )

2 - Imprint: Imprint kibble is just one more way to reach the tame cap even faster...u want 100% imprint, so what do u do? u tame the dinos that make the required kibbles for the imprints...result? tame cap will come to ur server even faster...Devs, if u want a «hard» way to make ur dinos get 100% imprinted the kibble is not the way i think...

3 - Herbivores: not all the kibbles are easy to get...and to tame herbivores U MUST have kibbles or otherwise u just CANT have a good tame on an high level dino...either u have kibble and u wait 1 hour for a perfect 150 stego tame or u tame it with crops and wait 6 hours for a 25% taming effectiveness...herbivores should have something between kibble and berrys like the carnivores do (mutton, cooked chops, prime meat etc...) I know that cakes and honey works for some of them, but its not for all of them

4 - Reality: ARK is a game, but i think that it could be a bit more realistic (PS: pls put feathers in the new rex TLC :P ) and i dont think that in reality life a T-Rex would eat carrots mixed with some berrys, fiber and a scorpion egg for example...i can see herbivores doing it, but kibble for carnivores nahhh

My suggestion: 

What if instead of kibble, there would be another item in the game that would do the same job? So lets say, dodo kibble is for pteras right? so what if the dodos droped an item when u killed them (like the nameless venom) with spoil timer, and that would not drop each time u killed a dodo of course...and that item would be used to tame a perfect ptera? kinda like the Mutton from the sheeps (would work as somethign they could eat) but like the kibble, each dinos would drop an item for certain dinos, dodo for ptera for example, and so on.

Please leave ur opinions down bellow ;) Keep surviving!

Mutton and prime exist. 

Herbivores need a 'prime' veg, like in prim+

To address points 1&2, tame fewer kibble dinos, save up your eggs over time if you're concerned about cap space. Sure, having 3 or 4 females and a male of each species will get you the eggs quicker, but try exercising patience and restraint. The longer and harder you work for something you want, the more gratifying it is to achieve it. 

What always puzzled me is why babies "request" kibbles they couldnt have possibly know anything about?

Kibbles are a treat, so babies should only request kibble type preferred by their own species. Either that or, if they want some nourishment, the most compatible "cannibalistic" kibble made of their own species' eggs. Other than these 2, other kibbles required for imprinting make no sense whatsoever. This could potentially reduce the "required" size of kibble farm if player is only interested in raising few types of species.

1) Dino Cap Problem: Not needing pairs of every animal for kibble will do nothing to help the dino cap, it will just allow players/tribes to trade XX amount of egg farm dinos with XX amount of other dinos.

2) Imprinting: From my perspective, kibble for imprinting is dumb. I could do without the "Feed me Seymour" mechanic. The walks, pets make a lot of sense, and if something like nameless venom (drops from certain animals rather than kibble) it would be a lot less cumbersome than kibble while still requiring a base level of effort.

3) Herbivores: The whole kibble system needs a rework. Wildcard has said that was coming, but in my opinion it needs to come sooner rather than later. As far as I'm concerned it should have been completed prior to Aberration released, but that's none of my business. *tea sip*

4) Reality: No. Nope. Nope nope nope. What's with this recent resurgence of people requesting more realism from their "Dinos in spaaaaace!" video game? And I know for a fact that IRL T-Rexes love carrot cake with eggs and berry smoothies. They legit love it. It's their favorite thing to eat, and I only know it because they told me so last week when I tried to give them cheesecake with bacon and milkshakes. That's just IRL dinos though...the Rexes I met weren't really sure what video game Rexes would like the most, so your guess is as good as theirs.

Your Suggestion: I like it...but we'll see what Wildcard gives us. Hopefully it's much more reasonable and less cumbersome. I liked the idea of Rock Drakes requiring venom to raise and I hope that the kibble rework takes inspiration from that mechanic.

Random kibble requests for imprinting is silly, it should be their taming kibble type or mutton/prime for lesser imprint benefit or something.  And making veggie cakes work like mutton for herbivores would be one way to balance taming with carnivores.

Other than that you are trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist.  Kibble is supposed to be a pain.  Suck it up.

I have never had an issue getting kibble, you only need to tame a low level pair plus an oviraptor. One dino species needs to be in water to produce eggs, but not a huge issue. Worth putting dinos in an area where you do stuff as being there is important. Due to the underlying programming, if a human isn't present they tend to go into hibernation and stop producing.

Once you have a source of eggs the next issue is prime meat. I initially traded some dodo eggs and then tamed a wild level 150 rex using a trap. From then you should have no problem getting prime.

I would rather see them fixing some of the worst bugs than altering the kibble requirements.

11 hours ago, BoboOfTheFriendlies said:

Random kibble requests for imprinting is silly, it should be their taming kibble type or mutton/prime for lesser imprint benefit or something.  And making veggie cakes work like mutton for herbivores would be one way to balance taming with carnivores.

Other than that you are trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist.  Kibble is supposed to be a pain.  Suck it up.

Agreed. Mutton/Prime for lesser imprint benefits sound like a great idea because personally I've never bothered or cared about getting 100% imprint on anything other than a Wyvern, but that's only milk. My only problem with making veggie cakes a mutton for herbies, is that veggie cakes aren't so easy to make in my opinion. :$ 

Im ok with kibble for taming to an extent. Rather than having this dino likes just this one kibble while that dino that has essentially the same diet only likes this one, maybe they should have the kibble classified by tiers rather than individual species. Maybe classified by poop sizes like rex would like large dino kibble and so on

9 hours ago, RabidWarpig said:

Im ok with kibble for taming to an extent. Rather than having this dino likes just this one kibble while that dino that has essentially the same diet only likes this one, maybe they should have the kibble classified by tiers rather than individual species. Maybe classified by poop sizes like rex would like large dino kibble and so on

That is a good Idea to be honest. Could have 4 types that feed everything, small medium and large kibble plus mega kibble for things like gigas quetzals and the like would reduce and simplifie the kibble farms. 

On 05/01/2018 at 11:54 PM, DeweyDecimal said:

Mutton and prime exist. 

Herbivores need a 'prime' veg, like in prim+

To address points 1&2, tame fewer kibble dinos, save up your eggs over time if you're concerned about cap space. Sure, having 3 or 4 females and a male of each species will get you the eggs quicker, but try exercising patience and restraint. The longer and harder you work for something you want, the more gratifying it is to achieve it. 

That's just suicide, the longer you wait the  weaker you will be, especially in pvp 

Archived