3 months passed, whats gonna happen with legacy servers?

OttoGrunf

I made a Massive post about the current servers based off a bunch of data I gathered (New, Legacy and killed), which I will link here.

I also outlined my aberration Predictions

Aberration Predictions

Upon gathering all the information about Active servers(The master list I created can be seen, here)12 I also compiled some information about game modes (PVP,PVE,Hardcore,PrimPlus,Cluster,Isolated) and compiled charts for all server types. However I felt it was too much information for one post, so if anyone cares to see that I could post all that information as well. With that stated, I feel I can infer what I think we might see for aberration server distributions. I will be keeping in mind that You cannot xfer anything to Aberration servers, only your Characters, yet, you can transfer stuff off of Aberration to any other server on your cluster. 

For New Servers, keeping in mind the breakdown stated at the start of the post,  each cluster(EU-NA)  that has a Ragnarok map as part of the cluster will receive one Aberration server. Yes some of those clusters do not have an SE server, but Ragnarok includes all SE dinos/engrams/matts so there is no need for SE. These clusters include, CrossArk1, CrossArk2, OfflineRaidProtection-CrossArk5, NoTek-CrossArk6, NoTek-NoTaming-CrossArk7, PrimPlusCrossArk1, PrimPlusCrossArk2 , for EU and NoTek-NoTaming-CrossArk7, NoTek-CrossArk6,CrossArk8, CrossArk9, PrimPlusCrossArk3, PrimPlusCrossArk4, for NA. Of the 67 new Rag servers added all 13 of those clusters got an exclusive Rag,added to each cluster, leaving 54 Rag servers to be distributed to PVP and PVE. At the very least, we will see at least 67 Aberration servers to model what they added for Rag, for the New cluster. These would include EU with 7 clustered(already stated), 11 Normal PVP, 5 Normal PVE, 1 hardcore. NA with 6 clustered(already stated), 23 Normal PVP, 5 Normal PVE. OC with 4 Normal PVP, 4 Normal PVE and 1 hardcore. I also believe we will see some isolated Aberration servers as well. Looking At the model for isolated servers on Legacy when Ragnarock was added(and taking into account they are still heavily populated, as they could be considered new, since they are on no cluster). Isolated would be distributed, for the EU 6 PVP Isolated, 3 PVE isolated. For NA, 8 PVP Isolated, 3 PVE isolated. This brings us to a total of 87 aberration servers, but we still need to account for Legacy servers. 

For Legacy servers I will assume that none are being removed(I go into why I calculated this way below **see below).Much like the cluster rule I applied to New servers, those that got a Rag server will get an Aberration server. For EU Legacy that would include, CrossArk7, CrossArk8, CrossArk9, CrossArk10, PrimitivePlus25, and TheHundredCrossArk2. For NA Legacy that would include, CrossArkCluster1, CrossArk3, CrossArk4, CrossArk5, CrossArk6, PrimativePlus, Primative and 140 NoTamingExperiment. For OC that would include only PrimitivePlus. That brings us to 102, however Legacy Normal, both PVP and PVE will receive some Aberration servers. Once again, I will look at Normal PVP and PVE Legacy servers they added for Rag to the Legacy cluster. For EU that would be 13 Normal PVP Legacy servers, and 4 Normal PVE servers. For NA that would be 14 Normal PVP servers and 4 PVE servers. For OC that would be 1 Normal PVP server and 1 PVE server. That brings us to a total of 139 Aberration servers For both New and Legacy. I will insert a distribution list here for you.

TLDR; They Killed more Servers than they added NEW. Aberration Predictions at ~ 139 servers for both Legacy and New.

On 12/4/2017 at 8:16 AM, invincibleqc said:

It has nothing to do with that. Wildcard could add 100 servers tomorrow and they will all be capped in a few weeks. Players are hoarding creatures that they never and will never use, others are mass raising for trading, others are mass raising for mutations purpose (either for stats or purely colors), etc.

you do realize there other game mods not just pve? pvp don't have enough new official servers and never had

Im still playing on EU Xbox Primitive Legacy server 39. I tried to move to new servers but found myself on a lagging over pillared over populated server i jumped from server to server trying to find a decent one to start fresh on with no luck at all and Ragnarok was  a definite no go as all the Alpha tribes owned them from day one. So in the end i went back to my Legacy where me and my kids have a nice tribe set up there with only the dinos we require to survive. If this server is going to be deleted then yes i will be gutted because it is alpha and lag free with full forests and only pillars protecting tribe access routes.

It is time Wildcard stopped beating around the bush and gave us some decent info on this issue. 

8 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Where did you see anything game-mode specific into my comment? :S

whole replay is focused on pve server problems ;)

1 hour ago, AngryGamer666 said:

Im still playing on EU Xbox Primitive Legacy server 39. I tried to move to new servers but found myself on a lagging over pillared over populated server i jumped from server to server trying to find a decent one to start fresh on with no luck at all and Ragnarok was  a definite no go as all the Alpha tribes owned them from day one. So in the end i went back to my Legacy where me and my kids have a nice tribe set up there with only the dinos we require to survive. If this server is going to be deleted then yes i will be gutted because it is alpha and lag free with full forests and only pillars protecting tribe access routes.

It is time Wildcard stopped beating around the bush and gave us some decent info on this issue. 

same over here. its impossible to play on new servers due to lag

• Volunteer Moderator
7 minutes ago, raptorjesus666 said:

i have read that, and also read the part "some"
2 servers is some, but not enough

Single refers to 1.

Couple refers to 2.

Few refers to more than 2 but not as many than some.

Some refers to more than few but less than several.

Several refers to more than some but less than many.

Many refers to more than several but is not associated to an exact number.

In conclusion... if few is more than 2 and some is more than few that means there will be a minimum of 4. One sure thing is that there will be enough. If you don't expect them to be capped for the first week or so then we are not living on the same planet tho. :)

I think Legacy is a ticking time bomb and will eventually all be gone.  That being said, I do find it interesting folks have decided to move back there to avoid the crazy hordes of the new servers so maybe I'm wrong? Maybe Legacy will be the new servers people migrate to, how ironic!  I went back to my old Island server NA PVP 372 a couple of months ago and there was nobody, nothing there.  It was kinda creepy and amazing!  My character had been kicked out of my tribe at one point due to inactivity so I created a character and then hid in some rocks in North Zone 2 and when I logged back in I hadn't been killed and that's where I discovered everything and everyone was gone!

So if anyone is looking for a very peaceful PVP server, I highly recommend Legacy PVP 372 :-).

As far as the issues with the new official servers I really believe alot of these are fixed with PVP vs PVE.  There won't be hoarding on PVP typically because the masses will rise up and destroy all those extra dino's. Just kinda is what is is...

On 11/12/2017 at 11:20 AM, ifixxed said:

I made a Massive post about the current servers based off a bunch of data I gathered (New, Legacy and killed), which I will link here.

I also outlined my aberration Predictions

TLDR; They Killed more Servers than they added NEW. Aberration Predictions at ~ 139 servers for both Legacy and New.

Good analysis

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 1:46 AM, ForzaProiettile said:

Yep sad to say but some folks just can't let go of their virtual pixels. I've been raided close to 30 times. Never really bothered, you rebuild you get over it. These legacy folks need to realise they are on borrowed time. 

PvE players are investors, not survivors. We sculpt sand castles to be lived in, not hastily built to be hard to stomp.

PvE is an entirely different paradigm. 

We are artists who bake our own cakes and saviour each moment. Of course it is upsetting if it is said that this cake will be taken away from us. It's the point of not wanting to play PvP

3 minutes ago, Halcyon said:

PvE players are investors, not survivors. We sculpt sand castles to be lived in, not hastily built to be hard to stomp.

PvE is an entirely different paradigm. 

We are artists who bake our own cakes and saviour each moment. Of course it is upsetting if it is said that this cake will be taken away from us. It's the point of not wanting to play PvP

And there's some damned beautiful cakes out there to see.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Volunteer Moderator
7 minutes ago, DiogoBarradas said:

About 4 months passed and we got no idea of what will happen to legacy servers...anyone has any idea of what will happen to them? Will some of them be deleted to get new servers?

Keep an eye on the Announcements section as they will make sure to announce it beforehand if they are re-purposing any more legacy servers.

Archived