Wasted Levels On Water Dinos

Soooo. 

Yeah.

I tame a lot of water dinos for breeding. Test them with stats extractor, select breeding lines, whole nine yards.

Snatched a mosa for taming last night.

Finished tame, ran stats and taming percentage through calculator.

77 wasted levels in oxygen and speed.

Out of 209 post tame.

More than 1/3 of it's levels went into stats and were wasted. 

So. TLC pass for dinos gonna include the removal of dinos wasting pre and post tame levels on stats that are not available for the dino?

Or maybe just the removal of one? As fliers still put points in oxy, but cannot swim.

The wasted points in a stat that is hidden on the dino itself and unusable even for leveling is frustrating.

It has been this way since the game came out. Even icthyosaurus wastes points in this hidden stat and in speed.

TL;DR, When you guys gonna fix the wasted stat levels across all of the dinos in a beneficial way instead of in support of a hotly debated nerf?

use ark smart breeding, it will tell you exact howmany levels in what stat

and yes wasted levels are a joke, but fixing those is too much effort

water dinos do not use oxygen, so why have the stat?
flyer dinos do not use movement speed and oxygen, so why have the stat?
frog/beaver do not use oxygen so why have the stat?

my guess is: to increase the grind
this game is all about grind, they want you to keep playing as long as possible, it's an addiction. you are an addict

if you tame 1 dino and it has all the good stats from first try you are lucky, and you won alot of time

or

you need to find, and tame 120 rexes, start breeding them for months untill you finally have the stuff you want
lose progress here and there because of:
-a bug
-a nerf
-a broken patch
-a rollback

everything, to make you play the rng dino stat gamble

At this point in time if they would remove those hidden points all already tamed dinos would be inferior to new tames unless they wipe the servers and make everybody start over. Currently everything is built upon the dinos having an average of 32 points in each stat (224 perfect tame distributed among 7 stats). If they remove speed and oxygen points you would end up with 44 points and therefore superior dinos to what everybody has now (mutations and breeding not taken into account of course). So if you currently own a 224 perfect tame after the removal it would on average become a lv 160.

Also with the big flyer nerf early this year they did remove speed points from birds including hidden wild ones. Back then what i described here before actually happened. The average 224 tame became 192 on average because the ~32 speed-points got taken away. That resulted in people bitching about how they could have done that because they lost those "precious" levels. So WC learned from that and didn't do a similar thing on the rest of the dinos which now leads to people complaining that they didn't do it --> so doesn't matter if they do it or don't - people will complain about it B|

Ark smart breeding.

I know and use it.

It does not show you hidden stats that are wasted.

It can't.

There are TWO hidden stats on water dinos.

And both of them waste points.

With one hidden stat, easy enough to figure out wasted level count.

With two, its a guessing game where the stats went.

50+27 to make 77?

Or maybe 40+37.

Who knows?

WC knows.

They just wont fix.

Cue fanboi saying...

"Maybe they are working on it"....

Somehow, i doubt it.

Is easy fix, already been done.(Flier Nerf)

It just needs application across the board.

Why not? They tame speed nerfed the rexes to 90 percent.

Then turned around and fixed it.

Point stands. They took movement speed from fliers.

They are entirely capable of taking an oxygen stat away from water dinos.

22 minutes ago, Campi said:

At this point in time if they would remove those hidden points all already tamed dinos would be inferior to new tames unless they wipe the servers and make everybody start over. Currently everything is built upon the dinos having an average of 32 points in each stat (224 perfect tame distributed among 7 stats). If they remove speed and oxygen points you would end up with 44 points and therefore superior dinos to what everybody has now (mutations and breeding not taken into account of course). So if you currently own a 224 perfect tame after the removal it would on average become a lv 160.

Also with the big flyer nerf early this year they did remove speed points from birds including hidden wild ones. Back then what i described here before actually happened. The average 224 tame became 192 on average because the ~32 speed-points got taken away. That resulted in people bitching about how they could have done that because they lost those "precious" levels. So WC learned from that and didn't do a similar thing on the rest of the dinos which now leads to people complaining that they didn't do it --> so doesn't matter if they do it or don't - people will complain about it B|

Dude. 

Everything you just posted I have known and been disgusted by for months.

The 209 I just got last night?

It used 132 levels in it's stats.

It is a 132.

Not a surprise.

Take every single lost level in oxy and speed away and do you know the effect it will have on that mosa?

Nothing.

WC runs it's yap non stop about "Balance" and fanbois lick it up.

Balance the water creatures and stop robbing us of 30 percent of our stats.

It's easy. We've watched you monkey with stats and lie about it later, you are not fooling anyone.

Good breeders know their lines.

Trust is built on transparency. Not lies and willful omissions.

I agree with the OP in regard to the wasted points in Oxygen for water tames it needs to be fixed. What annoys me is people stating that Oxygen is a wasted stat. Higher Oxygen = Faster Stamina Regeneration so next time you are flying your bird with 400 oxygen and wonder why it takes forever to recharge your stamina blame yourself.

I mean, is only fair.

I run a manta onto land, it pops.

A shark cant flipper himself along on the beach.

At least land dinos can swim underwater for a little while.

Water creatures get 0 bonuses from a hidden wasted oxy stat.

And, it makes breeding a guessing game until you purify Targareyan style your line.

45 minutes ago, ducttapefixeseverything said:

With one hidden stat, easy enough to figure out wasted level count.

With two, its a guessing game where the stats went.

50+27 to make 77?

Or maybe 40+37.

Who knows?

cant you know the oxygen by looking in a drop the stat it says, then look how many in the other one ?

Just saying that, i agree with all you said tho

No.

Oxygen, as a stat, is completely missing from the list.

Food, melee, weight, speed, all others are there.

But.

Unless that 209 mosa put 77 levels in speed, oxygen is still there and gets bonus levels just like speed does, whether the levels show or not.

It is highly unlikely that 77 levels went into speed.

Usually, i see 50-60 levels wasted.

Conceivable for all of those to go into one stat, i have rexes that hatch at 52 points melee.

But 77?

No.

Someone else can run the integers and probabilities.

I would put the chances of a dino rolling 77 levels into a single stat at one in a billion.

7 minutes ago, ducttapefixeseverything said:

No.

Oxygen, as a stat, is completely missing from the list.

Food, melee, weight, speed, all others are there.

But.

Unless that 209 mosa put 77 levels in speed, oxygen is still there and gets bonus levels just like speed does, whether the levels show or not.

It is highly unlikely that 77 levels went into speed.

Usually, i see 50-60 levels wasted.

Conceivable for all of those to go into one stat, i have rexes that hatch at 52 points melee.

But 77?

No.

Someone else can run the integers and probabilities.

I would put the chances of a dino rolling 77 levels into a single stat at one in a billion.

it does show oxy in transmitter/prob in drop too, just not dmg

519416201711281559211.jpg

177012201711281559031.jpg

just trying to help you out in your breed quest :) since you cant expect a fix from WC unless it spare them some monehmonehh

1 hour ago, SirA17 said:

I agree with the OP in regard to the wasted points in Oxygen for water tames it needs to be fixed. What annoys me is people stating that Oxygen is a wasted stat. Higher Oxygen = Faster Stamina Regeneration so next time you are flying your bird with 400 oxygen and wonder why it takes forever to recharge your stamina blame yourself.

When you post with such degree of certainty and confidence - post a credible source for it as well. Because last time i heard about oxygen increasing stamina regen was in my own suggestion at the time of Flyer Change.

5 minutes ago, ducttapefixeseverything said:

This is new. This happens when you upload them?

I have not uploaded any since legacy.

dont need to upload them, just have your mouse on them in the list :) 

i personaly dont care about increasing breed level with oxy/wasted, it will only get you closer to the level ''cap'' (the one that simply erase your dino at lvl 452 with xp i think)

but i know someone who wants to know all my oxy stats :P 

5 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

When you post with such degree of certainty - post a credible source for it as well. Because last time i heard about oxygen increasing stamina regen was in my own suggestion at the time of Flyer Change.

thanks, thought i had just learned something, guess not

Hmmm. i want to counter argue this but don't really have a good reason why they shouldn't make this change other than some people should be lucky to find that 50 points in a relevant stat pre-tame and some shouldn't. I don't know. I've been burned by RNG my fair share of the time so maybe I am just a glutton for punishment because when I do finally find that 36 points pre-tame and get the RNG to roll it to 53 points post tame, it makes me really happy. 

The OP and everybody else is probably right though. I guess if they removed the stats and then gave the proper levels that way it would make a bunch more sense (ie; A 150 becomes a 120 after they remove 30 wasted points from speed). 

Archived