The developers don't deserve this hate

RAYGUNcam

OP if you think the hate devs are getting is worth creating a thread about you've clearly never been a Mass Effect fan. This is nothing and people will always complain when there's stuff to complain about. The smart ones do it as feedback, the unintelligent ones do it as if WC are an abusive spouse.

It's up to WC to see between the lines to the underlying issues.

On a more interesting note... We have two people on the front page of this thread going back and fourth.

One who is not a rabbit fighting with someone who (from their avatar) is a rabbit...

If you're not a rabbit I wonder who you actually are... Elma Fudd comes to mind.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, RAYGUNcam said:

Yeah they make a lot of mistakes but people just are a bit dumb about like they missed the october release date for aberration and 90% of the people are acting stupid about it.

They are also now charging AAA price and season passes. if you were buying a product at a premium price in the real world this would be completly unacceptable, why do they suddenly deserve leniency?  instead they should be accepting their limitations and dealing with it accourdingly by not overreaching with the team they have so deadlines are able to be met and quality product produced. if they need more time, dont tell everyone product will be out, then keep them waiting. Tell everyone they will have a quality product in a more realistic timeframe...its called PR and im sure a lot of fans would prefer this to constant  we said this but now its going to be yet another month later'. And in all honesty they have been doing this constantly in last few years and its getting very..very.. old.  This kind of behavior, even though you are producing a nice game, eventually looses a lot of customers and erodes confidence of fans and loyal playerbase you do have.

Just now, Azmeaiel said:

They are also now charging AAA price and season passes. if you were buying a product at a premium price in the real world this would be completly unacceptable, why do they suddenly deserve leniency?  instead they should be accepting their limitations and dealing with it accourdingly by not overreaching with the team they have so deadlines are able to be met and quality product produced. if they need more time, dont tell everyone product will be out, then keep them waiting. Tell everyone they will have a quality product in a more realistic timeframe...its called PR and im sure a lot of fans would prefer this to constant  we said this but now its going to be yet another month later'. And in all honesty they have been doing this constantly in last few years and its getting very..very.. old.  This kind of behavior, even though you are producing a nice game, eventually looses a lot of customers and erodes confidence of fans and loyal playerbase you do have.

Do you even know why they had to increase their release price?

9 minutes ago, Azmeaiel said:

to bring it in line with console rubbish, aka AAA pricing and season pass as i said.

I read interviews with WC CEOs and 60$ price was mentioned. WC did not plan to release physical copies of the game to begin with and prefered to stay with digital sales, but watching how well the game was being sold, they decided to play around with physical copies sales. According to WC, shops wouldn't sell the game on for price lower than 60$, because it would not be beneficial for them. 

On 13.11.2017 at 5:37 PM, RAYGUNcam said:

With aberration coming sometime maybe this year or nor people are angry at them for not having it released when they said they would probably have it out or people are mad about updates for the game not coming when they said they would possibly happen. Those people hating the devs but you have to think its a smaller team and this small team is making an open world survival game with building crafting, and fighting mechanics and with other creatures big and small so of course there is going to be bugs. Instead of complaning about these bugs and telling wildcard they are bad at making a game, yea sure they have QA testers but they can't find every problem with the game when a DLC and update is released, but if you do find a problem you can send a support ticket to wildcard or even make a post about it in the bugs and glitch support section. Regarding the DLC release dates they have to add features one by one and each time they add a feature they have QA testers go in and test the new feature and find problems and if there are little to none problems they move on the next feature, repeat until its finished and some times adding other features messes with the one that have been added so then they have to fix it to make them compatible and well it may break another, so if there was an attended release date then they have problems and need to address them they have to fix it before its released or they could release it with that problem and make the game unplayable until they fix it; would you rather have a finished and playable DLC or the DLC comes out on the attended release date and its unplayable, me I'd wait for it to be released when it is playable. Yes it sucks to wait for the thing you were  told was coming out on X date and it doesn't happen but just think next time it does happen they want the game to be playable.

Many people here tryed the support ticket way multiple times. The most bugs (except crashes) aren't fixed by the devs.  You receive answers like "We are looking into" / "I have forwarded this to a dev"... but they never look into.

If you act like wildcard does...do not expect an other reaction than they actually are getting.

The most complaints in this more than 2 years are "server lags" and "client freezes".... no of this issue was adressed or fixed. All Official servers are lagging like hell just 2 months after the release of the game. Ever seen an other released game with such problems?

26 minutes ago, Meshi said:

There is nice article where is explained why price rised.

awsome, an un-needed  reason as to 'why we needed more cash' end of day im stating the obvious reason as apposed to the indistry mouthpiece reason which should never be taken without some healthy scepticism.....ever. these are people trying to sell a product any way they can and will give any nicy nice reason as to why they need more money off you.

2 minutes ago, Azmeaiel said:

awsome, an un-needed  reason as to 'why we needed more cash' end of day im stating the obvious reason as apposed to the indistry mouthpiece reason which should never be taken without some healthy scepticism.....ever. these are people trying to sell a product any way they can and will give any nicy nice reason as to why they need more money off you.

You obviously did not read the article....

4 minutes ago, Toni said:

Many people here tryed the support ticket way multiple times. The most bugs (except crashes) aren't fixed by the devs.  You receive answers like "We are looking into" / "I have forwarded this to a dev"... but they never look into.

If you act like wildcard does...do not expect an other reaction than they actually are getting.

The most complaints in this more than 2 years are "server lags" and "client freezes".... no of this issue was adressed or fixed. All Official servers are lagging like hell just 2 months after the release of the game. Ever seen an other released game with such problems?

Driver 3, and look at its reputation...

Just now, Olivar said:

You obviously did not read the article....

i read it, i just dont accept any indistry bs i am told at face value. easiest soloution it to take arkums razor approach and pick the easiest path between a company and its cash, then you dont end up being a starry eyed gullable idiot who parts with their cash at every turn. Oddly enough my statement is common industry practise, why would a few flowery words make it any different or their end goal different.

1 hour ago, Azmeaiel said:

i read it, i just dont accept any indistry bs i am told at face value. easiest soloution it to take arkums razor approach and pick the easiest path between a company and its cash, then you dont end up being a starry eyed gullable idiot who parts with their cash at every turn. Oddly enough my statement is common industry practise, why would a few flowery words make it any different or their end goal different.

Well, if that's your outlook, you could read it as "because they wanted more cash, they decided to go and try brick-and-mortar stores as well".  Which would be way more logical than a straight-up cash grab that would alienate the audience and give really bad PR, which in turn would lower sales, and thus money.  Your preferred theory ignores cause-and-effect, which I'm sure that the studio is aware of.

Current Industry practice is to milk people out of their money with lootboxes, or haven't you heard?

Wildcard, at the end of the day, is still a small independent game studio without any sort of major publisher.  I'm of the opinion that the process went sort of like this: 

"Oh, hey, our PC game has really taken off!  And we have console players who want to play too!" 

"Think we should make a console version?"

"Why not?  We can certainly try."  . . . .

"Oh, hey, look at the sales for the consoles!  Think we should try to publish in stores?"

"Sure, why not?"

"Look, GameStop doesn't want to sell our game for what we're asking.  The profits from it are too low to cover their overhead.  They want us to sell at 60 dollars and price match."

"But that might tank sales from online!  It will make the player base really unhappy."

"The people who would buy it online probably have ALREADY bought it online.  We're not going to lose any more sales from that quarter.  And just to make sure, we'll broadcast a big warning about what we're doing a month or two in advance, just to be sure.  And then we'll raise the prices without hurting anything, and sell in stores."

"Sounds fair."

People wanted the gave available on consoles, so the developers tried to put it on consoles.  As far as I can tell, all of the complaints have been centered around xbox, and a lot of them have been centered on lag and rubberbanding on official servers.  Lag and rubberbanding has to do with latency and server communication, and those servers are being rented out from Nitrado.  If you get a response from a game developer that says "we're looking into it", it really means that they're looking into it.  Make a proper bug report with details, processes, screenshots, and game files.  The more you can do, the better.  Just whining about it doesn't help them fix the problem.  If they can't replicate it on their end, they can't fix it.

lol that's pretty easy sir.
1.  Dino's falling through ceilings on login/render.
2.  Platform Structures desyncing from the back of the dino, causing an infinite teleport loop if you step on them.
3.  The many 'dead zones' on scorched that guaranty you will DC if you fly over/through them.
4.  Character models that are too big or too small will cause armor to clip through them.
5.  Dinos on follow do not account for their own momentum, causing them to crash into you and pin you.  Still happens even on the highest follow settings.
6.  Babies and eggs falling through foundations/ceilings.
7.  Birds on neutral will fly to the ceiling if attacked by an insect or other wild flier.
8.  What happens when you DC while flying.  Sometimes you're on the ground next to your bird, sometimes you're on the ground and the bird is in the air, some times you fall to your death.
9.  moving more than 30 stacks/items one by one from an inventory causes a lag stall (used to DC you)
Gosh I could really keep going...
Im curious about the DC zones in SE and the moving multiple stacks lag...are you playing on console or pc?

I haven't seen a dinosaur fall through the floor in a long time....and I'm keeping all flies on top of my building, and Jerboa's on the second floor of my base.
Heck, I haven't even seen people fall through floors anymore on our server.
Only place where I see that happen is on rafts.

Dead zones over DC?
Never encountered this before?
Can you give an example where this is supposed to happen, I'm really curious on trying this out now on our box.

On the disconnects it's pretty standard what happens : You die

The stack moving has actually disappeared for me with the recent updates.

So if the devs talk about a bug it means it's fixed? Ooook
1)spawning in to the game being stuck inside foundations.
2)dismounting a tame only to end up stuck inside the dam thing, then having to remount and  dismount to reset the issue. 
3)whiping tames only for them to rubberband back to the position you whipped them at
4) duping. 
5)servers laggy and unplayable. 
6)enemies glitch in inside boats many different ways
7)when trying to tame wild dinos get no hit markers even when the server isn't lagging ad infinitum 
8)terrible map meshing to the point people can look inside bases without being inside them
9)spawning under the map
pawning under the map
1)this is no longer an issue, quit hitting your controller and set it down. Your character will pop out of floor once everthing has rendered in if you have nothing above you.
2)i have only seen this happen when dismounting directly below objects, move and dismount or find a new parking spot.
3)this is due in part to the server lag issue and or communication with client...not a developement issue.
4)just dont play legacy, i dont know what else to say.
5)again, not a dev issue. They design the car, the gas company gives u the fuel that powers it go complain to them.(server host for the layman)
6)put your doors on the sides of your raft, not the front and back. This will also make entry and exit at beaches much faster.
7)I have seen this as well, feels to be a hitbox issue. Ichtyornis are the worst. Quiet possibly caused by server drawing dino in one place, client rendering in another, similar to ghost corpse harvesting.(desync, aka rubberbanding)
8)This is a personal problem caused by either inferior hardware, ie console or low end components, or a low render distance. Both are fixable, holidays are here.
9)i have logged well over 3k hours in ark across multiple game modes and platforms and have NEVER had an issue of spawning under the map. Not saying it doesnt happen, but i personally feel it shouldnt be included on your "list".

The end.

16 hours ago, ChargingParacerParacer said:

Then they should stop screwing up if they or others can't handle negativity. ;-) Welcome to how reality works, no one is owed praise 24/7.

I never said they deserved praise 24/7, but they also dont need 24/7 negativity when all people put down is negativity they are not going to listen because people dont really want to listen to what the people who are being negative have to say instead of being rude just tell them politely, I've seen new problems from people and 90% of them are "Fix this now and you suck for allowing this problem."

3 hours ago, Scrysis said:

Well, if that's your outlook, you could read it as "because they wanted more cash, they decided to go and try brick-and-mortar stores as well".  Which would be way more logical than a straight-up cash grab that would alienate the audience and give really bad PR, which in turn would lower sales, and thus money.  Your preferred theory ignores cause-and-effect, which I'm sure that the studio is aware of.

Current Industry practice is to milk people out of their money with lootboxes, or haven't you heard?

Wildcard, at the end of the day, is still a small independent game studio without any sort of major publisher.  I'm of the opinion that the process went sort of like this: 

"Oh, hey, our PC game has really taken off!  And we have console players who want to play too!" 

"Think we should make a console version?"

"Why not?  We can certainly try."  . . . .

"Oh, hey, look at the sales for the consoles!  Think we should try to publish in stores?"

"Sure, why not?"

"Look, GameStop doesn't want to sell our game for what we're asking.  The profits from it are too low to cover their overhead.  They want us to sell at 60 dollars and price match."

"But that might tank sales from online!  It will make the player base really unhappy."

"The people who would buy it online probably have ALREADY bought it online.  We're not going to lose any more sales from that quarter.  And just to make sure, we'll broadcast a big warning about what we're doing a month or two in advance, just to be sure.  And then we'll raise the prices without hurting anything, and sell in stores."

"Sounds fair."

People wanted the gave available on consoles, so the developers tried to put it on consoles.  As far as I can tell, all of the complaints have been centered around xbox, and a lot of them have been centered on lag and rubberbanding on official servers.  Lag and rubberbanding has to do with latency and server communication, and those servers are being rented out from Nitrado.  If you get a response from a game developer that says "we're looking into it", it really means that they're looking into it.  Make a proper bug report with details, processes, screenshots, and game files.  The more you can do, the better.  Just whining about it doesn't help them fix the problem.  If they can't replicate it on their end, they can't fix it.

If the reasoning behind retail sales centers on console players wanting the physical discs (I don't play on any consoles and did not even know you can "swap" games like that), why did that mean the digital price on Steam had to go up?

Competition? Not really, since the console players would still want the discs and they can't get what they want through Steam anyway.

3 hours ago, J0hnnySw1f7 said:
On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 5:05 PM, Brayn said:
lol that's pretty easy sir.
1.  Dino's falling through ceilings on login/render.
2.  Platform Structures desyncing from the back of the dino, causing an infinite teleport loop if you step on them.
3.  The many 'dead zones' on scorched that guaranty you will DC if you fly over/through them.
4.  Character models that are too big or too small will cause armor to clip through them.
5.  Dinos on follow do not account for their own momentum, causing them to crash into you and pin you.  Still happens even on the highest follow settings.
6.  Babies and eggs falling through foundations/ceilings.
7.  Birds on neutral will fly to the ceiling if attacked by an insect or other wild flier.
8.  What happens when you DC while flying.  Sometimes you're on the ground next to your bird, sometimes you're on the ground and the bird is in the air, some times you fall to your death.
9.  moving more than 30 stacks/items one by one from an inventory causes a lag stall (used to DC you)
Gosh I could really keep going...

Im curious about the DC zones in SE and the moving multiple stacks lag...are you playing on console or pc?

Xbox

3 hours ago, Olivar said:

I haven't seen a dinosaur fall through the floor in a long time....and I'm keeping all flies on top of my building, and Jerboa's on the second floor of my base.
Heck, I haven't even seen people fall through floors anymore on our server.
Only place where I see that happen is on rafts.

Dead zones over DC?
Never encountered this before?
Can you give an example where this is supposed to happen, I'm really curious on trying this out now on our box.

On the disconnects it's pretty standard what happens : You die

The stack moving has actually disappeared for me with the recent updates.

It's on xbox.  Flying from green ob on SE, get near the ridgeline by the closest tall mountain (if heading toward redish) and fly toward red.  First DC zone is where a drop comes down over the metal nodes on the lower level.

Fly directly over the two mountains around 50/50.  The one closest to the cave is a DC zone.

On Island, flying by green ob over the swamp by redwoods.  Used to be 100% DC, not it's like 30%.

Xbox
Okay, the dc areas are likely due to lack of virtual memory on the console. Not bashing them it is an affordable option for the power delivered. But i would be hopeful to say the xbox one x should alleviate those issues.

The spots you are talking about are probably areas in which multiple large chunks attempt to load at once causing a high load on the xbox's hardware. At which point the client will freeze, and some of the time this will cause a connection loss due to a communication timeout if the time is long enough. For your specific problem it sounds like it is the culprit.

This is all speculation of course, i dont own SE on pc so i cannot test these areas.

41 minutes ago, J0hnnySw1f7 said:

Okay, the dc areas are likely due to lack of virtual memory on the console. Not bashing them it is an affordable option for the power delivered. But i would be hopeful to say the xbox one x should alleviate those issues.

The spots you are talking about are probably areas in which multiple large chunks attempt to load at once causing a high load on the xbox's hardware. At which point the client will freeze, and some of the time this will cause a connection loss due to a communication timeout if the time is long enough. For your specific problem it sounds like it is the culprit.

This is all speculation of course, i dont own SE on pc so i cannot test these areas.

I'm using a one X now.  Visually the game looks amazing.  It does nothing to fix network performance so you still have all the same lag and DCs.  WC finally confirmed the other day in tweets that the One X doesn't solve those issues.  It's network performance on their end.  The dead zones are memory leaks.

3 hours ago, Tanek said:

If the reasoning behind retail sales centers on console players wanting the physical discs (I don't play on any consoles and did not even know you can "swap" games like that), why did that mean the digital price on Steam had to go up?

Competition? Not really, since the console players would still want the discs and they can't get what they want through Steam anyway.

It would have gone up through a non-compete contract or something with the stores.  Basically, in order to give the stores a fighting chance, since the stores want to sell the games for more to cover overhead, the digital version had to match the price of the physical one.  Otherwise, the stores really just become a glorified advertising agency for the studio, which the stores really don't want.  I think that some of the console players might have had access to it online via online marketplace, but don't quote me on that.  I'm very much part of the PC master race, myself.

Archived