can you rate these stats?

Demigod

i want to learn what is generally good and bad as far as post-tamed stats are. at the moment i'm not sure what would be generally acceptable. let me run a few stats by you to clarify. the only stat i'm using as an example is melee.

150 rex mutton tame: 392 melee

140 rex kibble tame: 320 melee

90 giga mutton tame: 105 melee

60 giga mutton tame: 110 melee

my questions: does the 60 giga have good melee or does the 90 just have bad melee? kind of the opposite for the rex tho...those 10 levels really made a difference. every stat in the 140 is lower than the 150 so either the 150 got good stats or the 140 got horrible ones, even though it was a 100% effective kibble tame.

can someone explain to me what's acceptable for post-tame stats? i wanna get more into breeding so i would like to know what dinos are worth keeping. thank you in advance.

yeah 150s are good but 140 and 145 have given me great stats before. i tamed a 140 allo that gave me loads more points in melee than the 150, same with hyenadons and carnos.

gigas are hard to find and i tame them as i see them so obviously i'm gonna try to get the highest level i can get lol those two are the only wild ones i've found in highlands so i tamed them.

im not using a computer, i'm using a phone so i can't download that. i just want to know if those stats are good or not. thanks

It's fine to tame 140s with your 150s but it doesn't matter if a lvl60 giga has good Melee for its level, what matters is if it has good Melee compared to a 150... so if you get a lvl 5-150giga that has 200+ meele, it's a good giga regardless of its level. However, the chances of a giga under lvl 130 having "good" meele is slim to none.

As shiny said, use the breeding app to check for the post tame levels.

I personaly consider 40+ levels in a stat as good. Thats what i want befor starting to breed for mutations. 50+ would be god tier.

It doesnt matters what level the dino had or with what food you tamed it, all that matters is getting a lot of levels in one stat, which is a random chance. The higher the wild level and the better the efficiency the better your chances that you will get more levels in one stat because there are more levels to distribute.

My personal wild level limit for dinos to tame is 130. You still could get a good 120 but chances are slim, it's not worth my time to tranq it.

Comparing a few 150 tames to a few 145 tames is statisticly irrelevant. There will not be a big difference if you tame a ton of them. And you need to tame a ton of them if you want good stats.

If you say that every stat in the 150 is better than the 140 you basicly got 2 bad tames. What you are searching for is a tame with one stat very good and all the other stats bad. You can't have all stats good because the stats are just the levels of the dino distributed to the stats. If you got 50 levels in one stat there is no way another stat of the dino will be that good because there are not enough levels left for the other stats.

16 hours ago, Drinkinthepink said:

It's fine to tame 140s with your 150s but it doesn't matter if a lvl60 giga has good Melee for its level, what matters is if it has good Melee compared to a 150... so if you get a lvl 5-150giga that has 200+ meele, it's a good giga regardless of its level. However, the chances of a giga under lvl 130 having "good" meele is slim to none.

i tamed a 115 giga with 215 melee, i then mated it with a lvl 60 giga tame, the first egg i hatched from it was a mutation to 225 melee. on official and after the giga nerfs, pretty crazy.

16 hours ago, Demigod said:

kibble tame and boosted rates, definitely is possible

That is false. As long as tame eats even 1 piece of something to get tamed its TE is lower than 100% (even if bar will show it as such). Can be easily tested on Ovis - 1 Cake to tame but they will ALWAYS lose 1 bonus level due to TE not being 100%: you cannot tame a perfect 225 from 150 wild without using cheats, it will be 224 at most even with boosted rates.

7 hours ago, DarthaNyan said:

That is false. As long as tame eats even 1 piece of something to get tamed its TE is lower than 100% (even if bar will show it as such). Can be easily tested on Ovis - 1 Cake to tame but they will ALWAYS lose 1 bonus level due to TE not being 100%: you cannot tame a perfect 225 from 150 wild without using cheats, it will be 224 at most even with boosted rates.

However, as soon as you breed it, it gets 100% taming effectiveness on its meele damage.

13 hours ago, DarthaNyan said:

do you think i'm lying about my tames? even with 100% taming effectiveness, you will only go to level 224. the dododex indicated that the taming would finish at 100% effectiveness and the pop-up window on the sleeping tame matched the number of bites, taming time, and effectiveness which the app predicted. have tamed a few things at 100% so please don't debate with me about what is possible and not possible.

41 minutes ago, Demigod said:

do you think i'm lying about my tames? even with 100% taming effectiveness, you will only go to level 224. the dododex indicated that the taming would finish at 100% effectiveness and the pop-up window on the sleeping tame matched the number of bites, taming time, and effectiveness which the app predicted. have tamed a few things at 100% so please don't debate with me about what is possible and not possible.

I have never said that you were lying. Was just disagreeing with your statement. The very fact that you get at most 74 bonus levels instead of 75 (that are possible to get if you use "dotame" cheat command - pure 100% tame) no matter the server rates tells that it wasnt 100%, no matter what any 3rd-party app may show.

You may call it "perfect tame", but saying that its "100% TE tame" is technically incorrect from game mechanics point of view.

On 6 November 2017 at 6:43 PM, Demigod said:

kibble tame and boosted rates, definitely is possible

A perfect tame by definition will get exactly half its pre-tame levels on top. So a 150 becomes a 225. 

This is ONLY possible through admin tamed dinos as 1 bite = 1 level. It doesn't matter that the tame bar does not go down in 0.01% increments, 100% is 100%, it it's not 225 post tame, it's not 100% effectiveness, it's 99.something.

1 hour ago, Demigod said:

Chill man, no one was attacking you lol. But perfect tame is an exact term and basically means admin tamed. It is impossible to the general player base.

Archived