New Official Servers

Billy166

I'm a legacy dweller and with the knowledge of legacy servers eventually going away, I wanted to know from the people that have already made the switch to the new official servers. Is the lag and disconnect still a thing or has that be addressed with the implementation of these servers? Your responses are greatly appreciated.

the lag is worse on official than it has ever been on legacy. i have yet to experience a single day in the past three weeks that hasn't brought rubber banding or disconnects or lag. it's absolutely awful and sometimes impossible to play. a friend and i had to stop playing a couple nights ago due to being virtually unable to move. 

but due to the imminent demise of legacy, the switch is still worth it. tribes are much more controlling now but it's still fun.

To be honest your better switching across and trying to find somewhere to set up. I'd say lag depends on the server and what tribes are linked to it, Some tribes cant seem to take a getting beat at pvp and decide to DDOS servers to annoy everyone else, server I play on was fine untill about 3 days ago when they got beat lagged and rubber banded past 2 days and its now down entirely

New servers ran pretty smooth first few weeks (PS4) but we are now to the point of people having built up again. Lots of tamed dino's, and either the server's hosting or the console can't handle it so I am back to dc's, blue screens, and roll backs. It's actually a bit worse here as my NA server has more EU players than my legacy server did not to mention playing Ark: Refreshing evolved every Friday and Saturday. Luckily I get on before most people Sunday so I get to reserve my spot until the first disconnect. 

• 3 months later...
I'm a legacy dweller and with the knowledge of legacy servers eventually going away, I wanted to know from the people that have already made the switch to the new official servers. Is the lag and disconnect still a thing or has that be addressed with the implementation of these servers? Your responses are greatly appreciated.
If WC dont give us more official servers even if u join a "new" server now u eont make any progress...maybe u will be able to tame 1 dino from 3 to 3 days due to tame cap...

3 hours ago, DeningWei said:

Performance is just tied to how many people are online.  The real problem is trying to find space in the new servers and also most PVE servers are tame capped.

This is not true our sever lags even with less players online. But the rest is true ;).

I often goto my legacy server and the performance is much better. Especially since the claim system is changed. But would recommend to start making a spot on an official server. People come and go like on legacy you will find a (good)spot. Yust take the time to visit some servers. And since tamed dinos have not claim timers anymore tame slots open aswel evetually.

7 hours ago, Avaraxius said:

This is not true our sever lags even with less players online. But the rest is true ;).

I often goto my legacy server and the performance is much better. Especially since the claim system is changed. But would recommend to start making a spot on an official server. People come and go like on legacy you will find a (good)spot. Yust take the time to visit some servers. And since tamed dinos have not claim timers anymore tame slots open aswel evetually.

Yes some servers are just bad, they will perform badly regardless of player count *cough* Amazon *cough*

Archived