So where's everyone gone?

paulpot

6 hours ago, Ferdinand said:

Well, even the chart from Steam show how people started to move to other games just after the flyer nerf ... just select 1year and you will find out the long term trend.
There was a peak after release, but interest waned rather quickly this time, just 2 weeks before dropping to levels before release. To be honest, most of the former player base is mostly gone, or just logging in a few times per week to refresh bases. I bet once WC kills all legacy serve you will see a huge drop on player base even on the steam chart.

100% true mate

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same for me also. For two weeks we stared at 100/100 for at least am hour before getting lucky enough to get on.

Lou puts too much faith in dev honesty.

Jeremy has already admitting to paying YouTube to pull cheat videos off of it.

You are surprisingly naive to think they have not paid off other areas to falsify info.

This game was created by a guy who robbed the idea from a company he was working for, then faced a lawsuit and paid them off for his actions.

Somehow, morality does not appear to be their driving force.

I mean, have you played this game? Playing fair gets you nowhere.

Cheating, undermeshing, duping, that gets you what you want and then you can fight people all day and just dupe for five minutes to replace what you lost. 

No one wanted the timer. And it does not stop duping. I know it does not. 

Please, please tell me that they are smarter than that. Is just as easy as before to dupe your whole player inventory. Using the same methods.

So what if your character has to stand there for thirty minutes. Once the process starts, you can dupe half a dozen 300 slot inventory players. Multiple times. Cause the timer resets to what it was when the server crashes. So you just do it again repeatedly.

Timer fail. Auto decay fail. Duping prevention fail. DDOS prevention fail.

And you really wonder why people are not playing?

23 hours ago, powerstuck said:

Why bother when OP clearly stated...

As for me, well I'm still trying to keep my legacy alive but its getting harder and harder. I'm only seeing like 3 or 4 other people except me on the server. 

Yesterday was fun because a base was up for demolition (an old enemy) so I had lots of pleasure to kill their dinos and destroy their poop, but most of the days, I log, visit bases to reset timers, check generators and feed dinos. That takes at least one hour and feels a lot like a full time work instead of entertainment. So I get bored and go play something else. Lately, that something else is a dumb as American Truck Simulator with two friends I met in Ark...so I guess at least there is that good. 

Killing Floor 2 is a lot of fun.  Age of Conan is, well... a giant mess but worth a try.

4 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

I really looked forward to,

@martinigirl, talk is about official servers regardless of platform. Single player and player dedicated servers are unaffected.

Our suggestion is to hatch your first ice wyvern this weekend in a unofficial dedicated Ragnarok server. Or in the single player snow area called "murder snow" use 50 standing torches. in two rings or two squares, players choice. Have much fun playing this amazing game. /Ariana

On 9/21/2017 at 7:53 AM, Nokosa said:

Wildcard dealt a pretty heavy blow to a lot of people. Promising no wipe at launch and switching gears to a slow and steady wipe over the course of a few months left a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths. The initial hype of the new official severs was quickly turned sour by the negative impact the community had during launch; not being able to log in, not enough servers, duping continuing on to new servers, pillaring continuing, etc. Some people went back to legacy, some people gave up altogether. Whether it's permanently damaged or temporarily injured remains to be seen. 

The heavy blow dealt was WildCard ALLOWED the legacy servers to continue. This segregated the community, where had they made the community deal with a wipe, all players would have been forced to move to the new servers. A full wipe was the answer, forcing everyone to move. Sure it would have been tough to restart, but then all players are on an even field. And we wouldn't see these low pop servers ..... WC divided the entire community that's what we're suffering from here.

On 9/21/2017 at 2:12 PM, GP said:

Yes the thread shows it was posted 1 hour ago, but that's because it won't change to 2 hours until it's hit 2 hours. Therefore as the thread was made at 12:47pm it won't say 2 hours until 14:47pm. So yes he was correct that it was made around 12:50pm.

Its nice how the only thing the moderator quotes on is the time issue not the actual posts question.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, AngryGamer666 said:

Its nice how the only thing the moderator quotes on is the time issue not the actual posts question.

I corrected somebody that was wrong, what's wrong with that? As for the question of where has everybody gone? How the hell would I know?

4 minutes ago, GP said:

I corrected somebody that was wrong, what's wrong with that? As for the question of where has everybody gone? How the hell would I know?

And im just pointing out the fact that since these forums started Moderators and Admins have never actually answered any of the posts on here no matter what the question is. Everyday we watch the game we loved dying but no one seems to know why?

Also im playing Destiny now, but i do log into my DEAD Legacy server to feed my Dinos and re set timers but even then i know it wont be long before WildCard delete my world that i worked hard to create.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, AngryGamer666 said:

And im just pointing out the fact that since these forums started Moderators and Admins have never actually answered any of the posts on here no matter what the question is. Everyday we watch the game we loved dying but no one seems to know why?

There is evidence all over this forum that proves you wrong. Lots of questions get answered, you just chose to ignore those questions and only focus on the ones that aren't answered and then you come to the conclusion no-one answers any questions.

I agree and from a technical standpoint it should be possible to rollback the official legacy servers to day 0. Remove legacy and get everyone together. Many have already moved on to the new network but unable to keep their dinos and structures.

Hopefully that would not upset so many as keeping it and let it slowly decay.

1 minute ago, GP said:

There is evidence all over this forum that proves you wrong. Lots of questions get answered, you just chose to ignore those questions and only focus on the ones that aren't answered and then you come to the conclusion no-one answers any questions.

No i have seen lots of answered questions you are correct and i am wrong, but i don't want to know how to tame or where to build or how to post a ticket. Like most of the avoided questions i want to know what happened to the game why hasn't duping been fixed why hasn't the issue of pillared of spawns been sorted why was Legacy just dumped in the closet to die.

20 minutes ago, AngryGamer666 said:

No i have seen lots of answered questions you are correct and i am wrong, but i don't want to know how to tame or where to build or how to post a ticket. Like most of the avoided questions i want to know what happened to the game why hasn't duping been fixed why hasn't the issue of pillared of spawns been sorted why was Legacy just dumped in the closet to die.

All questions that will never be answered.

On 9/21/2017 at 9:33 AM, TranqRex said:

Still enjoy the game, but my experience on officials in the past month or so has been awful unfortunately.

My experience on official servers has been horrible, I lost my taste for pvp and have retreated to PVE where I just started experiencing rollbacks, extremely disheartening

On 9/21/2017 at 9:50 AM, th3d0wnfa11 said:

You're clearly not playing with the right megatribe in your PVP server. There are those out there that just want to own a server then there are those who help others and wipe the a-holes from the server/other servers. There are a ton of megatribes out there, so if you don't like playing against them, try joining one. Just post on the forums and you'll more than likely find one. If not mega, on their way to becoming or joining a mega.

I went to at least 50% of the PVP Ragnarok servers, I was met with talk about anal Unicorn and bloody rags on all of them, there are no benevolent pvp tribes, and I do apologize for the profanity but I can assure you the chatter in local was 100 times more harsh than this

Just now, Del said:

My experience on official servers has been horrible, I lost my taste for pvp and have retreated to PVE where I just started experiencing rollbacks, extremely disheartening

I went to at least 50% of the PVP Ragnarok servers, I was met with talk about anal Unicorn and bloody rags on all of them, there are no benevolent pvp tribes, and I do apologize for the profanity but I can assure you the chatter in local was 100 times more harsh than this

trust me i know. language is out of control on public servers, but that's with any game unfortunately... just keep looking, or again post something in the forums, you may have some luck.

2 hours ago, ArianaGaming said:

Hello,

I am seeing a lot of new players on legacy servers. I guess it is because they just launched new legacy servers.

Is it a trap for new players?

Unaware that servers might get wiped. What responsibility do we have to inform new players about WC future actions?

The new cluster could be wiped as well. There's no telling what the people of Wildcard might do. Duping is apparently picking up speed over there and then there are the DDOS attacks. There are of course the overbearing alphas to contend with too. People might start calling for a wipe so everyone can start fresh and make all those problems disappear once and for all.

If you want to constantly warn new people then it's up to you. I plan on just helping them get started and continue to enjoy the game with the people on our server. Nothing lasts forever.

Archived