I DO have to say this because OMG the game is not that bad, WC are not that bad

CouguarGenie74

3 minutes ago, Spookz said:

I am talking about all of their communication and not just about patches, which also includes messages on twitter :P. Example of fixed dates: Official release was postponed and the server kill list was also postponed. These a just some of the recent critical examples and I am sure that I can come up with other examples if you want me to dig them out ;)

Fair enough :) I was just thinking about the patches and my god that was a mine field and a half. People didnt seem to comprehend the concept of an ETA.

Digest Q&A. There's one more for you ;) How about some of the hotfixes ? More servers timetable....

2 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Fair enough :) I was just thinking about the patches and my god that was a mine field and a half. People didnt seem to comprehend the concept of an ETA.

Digest Q&A. There's one more for you ;) How about some of the hotfixes ? More servers timetable....

Well ETA means "estimated time of arrival."  Players should be forgiven for being upset or confused when it was actually more of an "estimated week of arrival."

It is funny how people ranting always think they are sounding so reasonable.  And they of course get corroboration from  other ranting people that feel so deeply abused from their frustrations about a game.  But there is a difference between being frustrated by decisions the game makers made and/or bugs, and imagining yourself victimized by horrible bad people taking advantage of you and savagely destroying any opportunity to be happy in this life!  Sound silly?  Yeah, that's because it is silly.

There have been a number of decisions that WC had to make that were inevitably going to displease some people.  They have to focus on making the game better and supporting the profitable operation of the game appealing to the maximum possible audience.  And their judgments in this is what counts, as they are the ones responsible for the success of the game at the end of the day.  It is a business.  And of course observing this leads to a ton of blathering from people that know nothing about running a business, and about how WC is making mistakes and what they should do is X Y Z.  First of all if you knew what you were talking about you would be working there, and second of all they have achieved significant success for a massively ambitious game.

WC has acknowledged making mistakes in their community relations and communications.  I have been frustrated at times, lost game hours, wished they made different decisions, etc.  But I have also had thousands of hours of entertainment for a fraction of the cost of most any other way to fill that time.  But overall I have watched this game get better and WC make decisions that improved balance and gameplay.  I have also watched people lose their minds when things didn't please them.  If a game makes your life miserable and you keep playing it the problem is not the game.

1 hour ago, BoboOfTheFriendlies said:

It is funny how people ranting always think they are sounding so reasonable.  And they of course get corroboration from  other ranting people that feel so deeply abused from their frustrations about a game.  But there is a difference between being frustrated by decisions the game makers made and/or bugs, and imagining yourself victimized by horrible bad people taking advantage of you and savagely destroying any opportunity to be happy in this life!  Sound silly?  Yeah, that's because it is silly.

There have been a number of decisions that WC had to make that were inevitably going to displease some people.  They have to focus on making the game better and supporting the profitable operation of the game appealing to the maximum possible audience.  And their judgments in this is what counts, as they are the ones responsible for the success of the game at the end of the day.  It is a business.  And of course observing this leads to a ton of blathering from people that know nothing about running a business, and about how WC is making mistakes and what they should do is X Y Z.  First of all if you knew what you were talking about you would be working there, and second of all they have achieved significant success for a massively ambitious game.

WC has acknowledged making mistakes in their community relations and communications.  I have been frustrated at times, lost game hours, wished they made different decisions, etc.  But I have also had thousands of hours of entertainment for a fraction of the cost of most any other way to fill that time.  But overall I have watched this game get better and WC make decisions that improved balance and gameplay.  I have also watched people lose their minds when things didn't please them.  If a game makes your life miserable and you keep playing it the problem is not the game.

I feel like I need to confirm your lengthy and impassioned defense of Wildcard and their actions. While I too have found myself disagreeing with a number of them they have done their best to make our game experiences as memorable as possible. I'll never forget the feelings I had when the game launched to such glowing fanfare. I also have to agree their judgement is definitely what has brought us to where we are today in regards to ARK. I also don't think people who don't work there should be giving them advice. It's not their company! They didn't put in the hours!

The people of Wildcard do own up to their mistakes. Look through their announcements and see the dozens upon dozens of times they've apologized for mistakes that have been made. Calling them out for every little thing needs to stop!

1 hour ago, Vrallox said:

I feel like I need to confirm your lengthy and impassioned defense of Wildcard and their actions. While I too have found myself disagreeing with a number of them they have done their best to make our game experiences as memorable as possible. I'll never forget the feelings I had when the game launched to such glowing fanfare. I also have to agree their judgement is definitely what has brought us to where we are today in regards to ARK. I also don't think people who don't work there should be giving them advice. It's not their company! They didn't put in the hours!

The people of Wildcard do own up to their mistakes. Look through their announcements and see the dozens upon dozens of times they've apologized for mistakes that have been made. Calling them out for every little thing needs to stop!

We don't need our video games to apologize to us we don't need our games to lie and cheat either. We game for entertainment and temporary escape from the poop we put up with in our lives. Wildcard is a company not a person they encourage feedback good and bad so deal with it. Not everyone game experience is the same. If you play unofficial PC you can't tell someone that plays official console the game is fine. Let the people be heard if you want a fan club start one.

I love ark I have a 1060 6gb with a 8150 oc'd to 4.2 mhz and 12gb ram and I can play a mixture of epic and high settinges with all tick boxes checked and I run from 40 to 70fps depending on the area and buildings i am around. Runs great for me. My only issue with this game is the players themselves lmao. Massive greifing and raiding and between my kids and work I dont have the time to play this game 24/7 like most of the alpha tribes do. But that is the name of the game in pvp till they release more offline raider protection servers. Guess its time to just to guerrilla and bomb and club everyone i see.

I have to agree on those two points. The post made by CougarGenie and the distress about the great migration and the losses taken there. It was poorly handled and players can be justified in the complaints there because it really screwed over a lot of things.

I'm sure they could have handled it differently. Waited for some changes to sink in such as the release, the transfer cooldown and then possibly a months worth of being able to allow players to move.

On the upside of it, It gave dupers less time to save what they lost as well. As most of it was duplicated into the server and thus I believe the effected servers that were getting shut down was on that list. Maybe all of them. Maybe some of those servers weren't low population or maybe they were and thats where they stored their dinos. The thing is, with new servers they can mitigate and micro manage each new server they release to verify who is causes stress on servers to achieve duping. Or at least thats my hope.

On 03/09/2017 at 9:52 PM, CouguarGenie74 said:

Why because I'm sad to read a lot of comments here, on twitter ...

I: the game is not finished, well how many are ? Quantum break, some batman, forza horizon 3 ... those came out with lots of bugs some very huge ! still from big company!

lets talk about FH3, on PC the game cames out with so many bugs it took almost a year to fix! and the devs never communicate on the forums or twitter, they fixed it as they liked,  no ETA for patchs , never paying attentions to gamers , never apologising! 

when they released their second paying DLC, it broke the game, took 3 weeks to have it work back, all the devs said it's "we are aware, we are working, it will be fixed when it will be"

I'm playing ark since one year and a half so I can tell there were a lot of improvments and more to come !

II : No support ? well I had a couple of issues during early access and always got an answer some quickly some after some time but still I had an answer, and we can say WC people do care and communicate a lot !!!!

III : they broke the game with nerfs.. how many time did I read this ! let say if you are playing for a long time in EA yes there where changes , its the devs choice to get the game how they want to ! If there was no EA nobody would have complain !  but each time they make something that somebody do not agree with , here we go , complain and so one.. Come on !

IV : the servers, yes that is not easy to deal with, but before raging maybe one should wonder if it's easy to move from EA to full release ! my guess it's not!

why everybody are upset, because WC gives ETA, it's ETA not a precise date !, they communicate, they apologise... and each time there are somebodies how are not happy enough, not patient enough...more and more bad comments

So yes it's far from perfection, but still it's their first game,  it's a huge one !!

so instead of always seeing what's bad, we should see what's good ,  A great game, with lot of potential, a team who make mistakes but still do care of us !

Did patience, kindness, tolerance disapear from this world????

thank you WC for that wonderfull game keep hustling

Wanna know a true fact and funny? Some people complain about anything or everything, then you check their profile, and game time they don't have even 5 hours in game play...

So basically don't have any experience at all, they just see someone else complain and follow along like sheep...

Then I'm left with a concussion in my brain, for even seeing that fact! Much less thinking or reflecting about it...
I don't even reply to them... it's a waste of time and energy...

On 9/3/2017 at 7:22 PM, Rintrahhh said:

I hear you and I understand where you're coming from. Your complaint is justifiable.

From my perspective, as a fan, I only play singleplayer (I have played online in an alpha tribe before) so my concern is with the core game itself and from my perspective WC has listened and fixed many core game issues. Yes, there's more to be fixed but for now I'm able to play without any game breaking bugs and the new content is great.

I agree the core game itself is a amazing and icon idol of what games can be. They did EA justice and to be honest no other game comes near as close to putting out as many updates and content filled updates as Wild Card has managed to do. They where in my opinion a company to be show cased on this is how you make a EA game great.

They have always been transparent and to be honest they have if not the most one of the most talkative and forum active devs in the business. I have made dozens of posts supporting the devs against the haters of the ETA update times when they where off by a day or found something major they had to fix before release. This however is a matter of them trying to play a shady grungy middle by saying we are fully for the fans and there bank account. It's very low and the amount of dishonesty that was put forth was ludicrous as they have several posts and interviews where they not only stated but, promised this migration was to find a happy middle when in truth it's just a way of keeping the bank with a few extra 0's in it. This was a sad lie and if they would have caim out with honesty and said this was a business decision and a call we have to make to remove servers and it does not feel viable to keep low population servers in the system and we will be removing the 25, 50 ect,  % of the lowest population servers. That would have saved more face but, instead they made several statements saying unless the servers are absolutely abandon we will not remove them. This was honestly just distastful and they should have been honest and transparent rather then playing the shady middle man floating between.

Archived