I DO have to say this because OMG the game is not that bad, WC are not that bad

CouguarGenie74

Why because I'm sad to read a lot of comments here, on twitter ...

I: the game is not finished, well how many are ? Quantum break, some batman, forza horizon 3 ... those came out with lots of bugs some very huge ! still from big company!

lets talk about FH3, on PC the game cames out with so many bugs it took almost a year to fix! and the devs never communicate on the forums or twitter, they fixed it as they liked,  no ETA for patchs , never paying attentions to gamers , never apologising! 

when they released their second paying DLC, it broke the game, took 3 weeks to have it work back, all the devs said it's "we are aware, we are working, it will be fixed when it will be"

I'm playing ark since one year and a half so I can tell there were a lot of improvments and more to come !

II : No support ? well I had a couple of issues during early access and always got an answer some quickly some after some time but still I had an answer, and we can say WC people do care and communicate a lot !!!!

III : they broke the game with nerfs.. how many time did I read this ! let say if you are playing for a long time in EA yes there where changes , its the devs choice to get the game how they want to ! If there was no EA nobody would have complain !  but each time they make something that somebody do not agree with , here we go , complain and so one.. Come on !

IV : the servers, yes that is not easy to deal with, but before raging maybe one should wonder if it's easy to move from EA to full release ! my guess it's not!

why everybody are upset, because WC gives ETA, it's ETA not a precise date !, they communicate, they apologise... and each time there are somebodies how are not happy enough, not patient enough...more and more bad comments

So yes it's far from perfection, but still it's their first game,  it's a huge one !!

so instead of always seeing what's bad, we should see what's good ,  A great game, with lot of potential, a team who make mistakes but still do care of us !

Did patience, kindness, tolerance disapear from this world????

thank you WC for that wonderfull game keep hustling

The game itself is not bad at all.  If it were, then people wouldn't bother complaining after playing 1000 hours or more, they'd just quit.  

Now that WC are working through bugs (and they have fixed some very important ones lately, like falling through ceilings and foundations), the game is better than ever in a lot of ways.

BUT that doesn't really excuse or change the abysmal way they handled the "great migration" or the fact that even after they repurposed 50% of the legacy PC servers, there still aren't enough Ragnarok servers on any format (official, legacy, PvP, PvE, console or PC).

I have faith that WC will (eventually) fix technical issues over time.   I have zero faith that they are capable of being honest to their players about anything or keeping commitments, or that they'll align their priorities with what the customers ask and want instead of whatever suits a few key decision makers at WC.  To me, that's the issue.  Not whether they can make a compelling game, or whether they can fix technical issues when they choose to.  It's whether they're capable of customer service.  

The way they've crapped all over Legacy players who helped them get to where they are is not a feather in their cap.

But to reiterate, the game itself is mostly fun to play.  Lots of people are excited to play Ragnarok (those who can), and lots of people are looking forward to Aberration.  So that says something and it's encouraging for their bottom line.  Now if only they could take that money and somehow turn it into consideration for the customer, that would be very positive.

46 minutes ago, CouguarGenie74 said:

Why because I'm sad to read a lot of comments here, on twitter ...

I: the game is not finished, well how many are ? Quantum break, some batman, forza horizon 3 ... those came out with lots of bugs some very huge ! still from big company!

lets talk about FH3, on PC the game cames out with so many bugs it took almost a year to fix! and the devs never communicate on the forums or twitter, they fixed it as they liked,  no ETA for patchs , never paying attentions to gamers , never apologising! 

when they released their second paying DLC, it broke the game, took 3 weeks to have it work back, all the devs said it's "we are aware, we are working, it will be fixed when it will be"

I'm playing ark since one year and a half so I can tell there were a lot of improvments and more to come !

II : No support ? well I had a couple of issues during early access and always got an answer some quickly some after some time but still I had an answer, and we can say WC people do care and communicate a lot !!!!

III : they broke the game with nerfs.. how many time did I read this ! let say if you are playing for a long time in EA yes there where changes , its the devs choice to get the game how they want to ! If there was no EA nobody would have complain !  but each time they make something that somebody do not agree with , here we go , complain and so one.. Come on !

IV : the servers, yes that is not easy to deal with, but before raging maybe one should wonder if it's easy to move from EA to full release ! my guess it's not!

why everybody are upset, because WC gives ETA, it's ETA not a precise date !, they communicate, they apologise... and each time there are somebodies how are not happy enough, not patient enough...more and more bad comments

So yes it's far from perfection, but still it's their first game,  it's a huge one !!

so instead of always seeing what's bad, we should see what's good ,  A great game, with lot of potential, a team who make mistakes but still do care of us !

Did patience, kindness, tolerance disapear from this world????

thank you WC for that wonderfull game keep hustling

My biggest Complaint is the Migration. I have had the game sense it released on Xbox and I have seen the game evolve massively over the years. The nerfs In my opinion where justifiable and to be honest the flyer nerf is the only thing people have truly complained about and I'm still on the fence with some of the things that they have unbalanced by it mainly the Quetzalcoatl of all the birds got the biggest hit but, all in all it wasn't bad.

The main issue they messed up on in my books is this migration. This was a flat out Lie and their is several posts of the devs saying they where only going to wipe 10% of the servers and any servers that had population on them even if it was just a few players would be left alone. This came from the mouths of the devs themselves. Jeremy the lead devolper had talked to several different reporters and repeated the same story over and over. Saying it was the right thing to do and that they looked at the logistics of the cost to host the new servers and still keep the legacy servers open and for those who would be displaced there would be one months notice and then two weeks notice and in the end 5 days notice was all that was given.

The devs truly lied and went against there own words and this is what has made many people furious. I have stated this same line in several posts on the topic. I'm not mad that the devs had to make a business decision and cut servers to make there bottom dollar cause at the end of the day they are a business But, don't lie to your fans saying that every server with even just one active member on over a period of weeks is worth while to us and we stand with the little guy at one moment and the very next moment piss on the very words you promised to the fans to make a quick buck. They are being two faced about it because they are trying to save face by still server wiping but, in a less messy way and it's very unbecoming of a company who has always stood for transparency with its fans. This is why there has been the outrage of late at the devs.

17 minutes ago, Shoosty said:

The game itself is not bad at all.  If it were, then people wouldn't bother complaining after playing 1000 hours or more, they'd just quit.  

Now that WC are working through bugs (and they have fixed some very important ones lately, like falling through ceilings and foundations), the game is better than ever in a lot of ways.

BUT that doesn't really excuse or change the abysmal way they handled the "great migration" or the fact that even after they repurposed 50% of the legacy PC servers, there still aren't enough Ragnarok servers on any format (official, legacy, PvP, PvE, console or PC).

I have faith that WC will (eventually) fix technical issues over time.   I have zero faith that they are capable of being honest to their players about anything or keeping commitments, or that they'll align their priorities with what the customers ask and want instead of whatever suits a few key decision makers at WC.  To me, that's the issue.  Not whether they can make a compelling game, or whether they can fix technical issues when they choose to.  It's whether they're capable of customer service.  

The way they've crapped all over Legacy players who helped them get to where they are is not a feather in their cap.

But to reiterate, the game itself is mostly fun to play.  Lots of people are excited to play Ragnarok (those who can), and lots of people are looking forward to Aberration.  So that says something and it's encouraging for their bottom line.  Now if only they could take that money and somehow turn it into consideration for the customer, that would be very positive.

Very well put. The game is good. The devs somehow managed that but a number of their decisions are questionable to say the least.

I think we should all try to be more in the middle of the road, even myself, because being a white knighting fanboy is just as bad as being 

1 hour ago, JohnnyWaffles said:

salty cheeto eatin' b@stards

Take the good, take the bad, and there we have the game of ARK. :D

1 hour ago, JohnnyWaffles said:

I agree. All these salty cheeto eatin' b@stards think they could create a better game with better results from their moms basement. 

the problems are not with the game itself, nor its design or content...the problems are: bad management, deafness to the community and lack of communication...

the game itself is a gem, both visually and from a design point of view. That s why people keep playing it despite the frustrating bugs, downtimes and bad management

Just now, Rintrahhh said:

This is simply not true.

One very recent change they made because they were listening to the community was the eel nerf. I'm so glad they were listening.

That's only one example, there are many many more. They do listen is all I'm getting at. 

they listen sometimes and after alot of time..

just think of all the old bugs, still being there, not being addressed after months of complaints. ALL OF THEM. think of the launch, think of the legacy "no support", think of the please fix the game before adding more new content, mk3 flyer buff, etc.

I like this post.  You make many good arguments, but at the end of the day, WIldcard is a video game developer....they are a BUSINESS.  There is no other business out there where it is acceptable to be late 100% of the time on delivery of product.  They are a great bunch of developers and their product is fantastic, but if you don't know how to run a business, it doesn't matter how good your product is, you will FAIL.  This is what WIldcard doesn't seem to understand.  YOu can only say "Aww gee, sorry guys, things don't always go as planned." so many times before your customers call bullpoop.   It has been two years....which is more than enough time to get it together, and they clearly have not.  Still late...all the time... ha ha, right?  Nope.  People need to stop making excuses for them and hold them to a higher standard.  It's that simple.  The reality of what is going on now is...the player base they have now is the only player base they are ever going to have. Have sold between 4 and 5 million copies of the game.  They have reached the apex...they wont sell more.  If they don't get it together and continue to piss off the current player base, it will eventually dwindle and disappear.  I have one word....  BANKRUPTCY.  They are heading right for it.  It wont be long before they are going to have to sell ther product to a bigger developer that can actually run the business properly.  That is plain and simple reality.  They need to get it together and release things on time, get bugs fixed in a timely fashion, and remember who the REAL boss is....the customer.  Bankruptcy is the most likely future for WIldcard....sadly....  =(

1 hour ago, PrimalBroom744 said:

The balancing of dinos is one thing. This is input on the game management. However ripping customer service from legacy servers meaning sure tell me the bug info you got and i'll fix it but, i'll only help people on the new servers with lost of their base and loss of characters as you legacy servers have served your purpose now go f**k yourselfs.

That wasn't lessening to fans now was it? 

Or hay migration time guys pack your bags and move! what? theirs been 20 people on at all times well sorry you need 30. What? we said one or two people on over 3 weeks? well that was before you know EA!!!!!! AM I RIGHT! so just pack up so we can wipe you in few months because, I need more 0's in the bank account.

Was that lessening to fans?

The fact of the matter isn't that they didn't fix bugs or didn't want to lessen to fans at all but, the major things that fans have cried out for was something that would cost them money. They didn't want to seem like a sell out and that they stood with the fans. So they tried to do this "migration" BS to save money pure and simple. They told us one thing and decided to lie and rewrite there promise and say well I need a little more money so we are going to have to screw you over. They just pissed on the fans by blatantly Lying to are faces while they sit their and count the $100 bills out. I don't care that their making money but, they should try to be a beacon of transparency just to say hell with it all i need more money and to hell with my fans midway through.

I hear you and I understand where you're coming from. Your complaint is justifiable.

From my perspective, as a fan, I only play singleplayer (I have played online in an alpha tribe before) so my concern is with the core game itself and from my perspective WC has listened and fixed many core game issues. Yes, there's more to be fixed but for now I'm able to play without any game breaking bugs and the new content is great.

3 hours ago, raaazboy said:

do you understand humans?

people would have just made new tickets for the same issues and they would be back to square one

Tickets have taken so long to respond to, the vast majority, I'd wager 70%+ won't, server was wiped anyway, moved to new cluster, quit Ark in a rage b/c tickets took too long, etc. etc.. For the remaining 30% that do, the majority of those will be pretty easy for WC to tell it actually came from before the legacy support wipe - auto "we're sorry, we can no longer support issues from pre-launch."

Killing player support on legacy is the clearest indicator out of everything that WC is planning to kill legacy sooner than later. If I was a legacy player, I'd be pretty angry too.

5 hours ago, Voidstar said:

deafness to the community

I have may fair share of criticisms and concerns about the decisions the Wildcard has made, but accusing them of not listening to the community is just plain false.Wildcard has a solid track record for listening to the early access testers regularly and often throughout the development process. A multitude of changes, rebalances, mechanics changes, new creatures, new abilities, and various features have been added to the game specifically at the request of the community.

I understand that you might be mad at them not listening, but you aren't mad because they didn't listen to "the community." You're mad because they didn't do what you would have preferred they did. I can totally understand that, but the Ark community as a whole could barely agree on which way is up...let alone on who Wildcard should be listening to.

to take some good point of view there !

I totally understand what you are all saying, but to say this

- They are always late : because they give ETA, other game company don't give any so they can't be late at all ! and it's only ETA, Estimated ! in developpement ( I do myself but not in video game) well there is always something going wrong and make you delay things !

- they don't communicate : God is there any other company who gives states of the game , or so much feedback here or in social network? I'm 42 years old and gaming since I'm 14, that said I've never seen a game company talking that much !

- they took bad decisions, made promises , they don't listen :  well it's a matter of point of view again ! they said things and decided with time it would be better an other way that's all ! In any case they can't listen to anything, it's their game, their vision to do it ! And it will always be people not happy with the decisions they took ,

Server are not wiped ==> people are unhappy but

if they wiped the servers ==> other people would be unhappy so what are they supposed to do ? well what they think sohld be the best or are least the less painfull

30 minutes ago, CouguarGenie74 said:

to take some good point of view there !

I totally understand what you are all saying, but to say this

- They are always late : because they give ETA, other game company don't give any so they can't be late at all ! and it's only ETA, Estimated ! in developpement ( I do myself but not in video game) well there is always something going wrong and make you delay things !

- they don't communicate : God is there any other company who gives states of the game , or so much feedback here or in social network? I'm 42 years old and gaming since I'm 14, that said I've never seen a game company talking that much !

- they took bad decisions, made promises , they don't listen :  well it's a matter of point of view again ! they said things and decided with time it would be better an other way that's all ! In any case they can't listen to anything, it's their game, their vision to do it ! And it will always be people not happy with the decisions they took ,

Server are not wiped ==> people are unhappy but

if they wiped the servers ==> other people would be unhappy so what are they supposed to do ? well what they think sohld be the best or are least the less painfull

They actually don't often give ETA's. When communicating dates, WC often dont say that it's an ETA but simply gives a date and then on that day says it's going to be the next day or another day. Thats a HUGE problem. If you don't specifically say that it is an ETA or in any way imply that that's the case, well then you dissappoint people that had faith in that communication. And even if they gave ETA's they don't mean much if you miss too many of them :P.

I think it's great that they communicate so much, and I would like for that to continue. But they should give much more thought into what and how they communicate things. If they are very uncertaiton about a specific date they simply make this very clear whenever they communicate something regarding that date. Some people will still be dissappointed if they do this, yes - but many of us will understand that it was simply an ETA they wanted to share.

Like other people stated in this thread, this game is a gem and people care alot, which is the sole reason they even take the time to complaint. Had this been some random game that people didn't like they would just quit and not be likely to return. 

6 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

I have may fair share of criticisms and concerns about the decisions the Wildcard has made, but accusing them of not listening to the community is just plain false.Wildcard has a solid track record for listening to the early access testers regularly and often throughout the development process. A multitude of changes, rebalances, mechanics changes, new creatures, new abilities, and various features have been added to the game specifically at the request of the community.

I understand that you might be mad at them not listening, but you aren't mad because they didn't listen to "the community." You're mad because they didn't do what you would have preferred they did. I can totally understand that, but the Ark community as a whole could barely agree on which way is up...let alone on who Wildcard should be listening to.

please give me some solid examples...

i am mad at the current gamestate, those zillion tiny bugs wich frustrate people so much yet are not addresed

2 hours ago, Spookz said:

They actually don't often give ETA's. When communicating dates, WC often dont say that it's an ETA but simply gives a date and then on that day says it's going to be the next day or another day. Thats a HUGE problem. If you don't specifically say that it is an ETA or in any way imply that that's the case, well then you dissappoint people that had faith in that communication. And even if they gave ETA's they don't mean much if you miss too many of them :P.

I think it's great that they communicate so much, and I would like for that to continue. But they should give much more thought into what and how they communicate things. If they are very uncertaiton about a specific date they simply make this very clear whenever they communicate something regarding that date. Some people will still be dissappointed if they do this, yes - but many of us will understand that it was simply an ETA they wanted to share.

Like other people stated in this thread, this game is a gem and people care alot, which is the sole reason they even take the time to complaint. Had this been some random game that people didn't like they would just quit and not be likely to return. 

Wait what ? Every patch I have ever seen drop for Ark had an ETA. Unless you mean the random 'itll be out tommorow"s on twitter ?

22 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Wait what ? Every patch I have ever seen drop for Ark had an ETA. Unless you mean the random 'itll be out tommorow"s on twitter ?

I am talking about all of their communication and not just about patches, which also includes messages on twitter :P. Example of fixed dates: Official release was postponed and the server kill list was also postponed. These a just some of the recent critical examples and I am sure that I can come up with other examples if you want me to dig them out ;)

Archived