I hope the devs realise how...

KimoBitz

3 hours ago, powerstuck said:

Or they wanted as much cash as possible without being responsible for false promises. 

Not a single video selling the game has footage from xBox/PS4. It's all from PC, on private server where both machines are 20000$ a piece.

I get that you have this personal vendetta against WC. But allow me to clarify...

My PC runs ARK at 60 fps or better. I only spent 800$ on the parts to build it. You do NOT need a NASA computer anymore to run ARK.

Second, would you rather Ark NOT be on consoles at all then? It's either get a less 'pretty' Ark on hardware that's doing it's darn best at it's limits, or no Ark at all unless you feel like spending...*snrk*...20,000 mula.

Regardless, there's still optimizations in the 'coming up' section of the patch notes. But I wouldn't bank on any of that improving performance on your consoles. There's only so much a console can do before it reaches it's limit. You want a better running Ark on consoles? Wait for the Xbox 1X. That's really all you can do at that point, and guess what, that's more money!

At this point, figure out if you really like Ark enough to spend more on it, before you instantly try to call a company that made the bloody game a scumbag. Wasn't their fault you picked the least powerful platform to run it on. Without those 'scumbags', you'd have no Ark at all, and those same 'scumbags' still need to make money to keep Ark running, or at least those crappy things we call official servers. Scary isn't it.

Also I'd love for you to tell half of the Ark userbase that you wish Console's never got Ark. You'd feel like how WC does in the unloved department that's for sure.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Ulta said:

I get that you have this personal vendetta against WC. But allow me to clarify...

My PC runs ARK at 60 fps or better. I only spent 800$ on the parts to build it. You do NOT need a NASA computer anymore to run ARK.

Second, would you rather Ark NOT be on consoles at all then? It's either get a less 'pretty' Ark on hardware that's doing it's darn best at it's limits, or no Ark at all unless you feel like spending...*snrk*...20,000 mula.

Regardless, there's still optimizations in the 'coming up' section of the patch notes. But I wouldn't bank on any of that improving performance on your consoles. There's only so much a console can do before it reaches it's limit. You want a better running Ark on consoles? Wait for the Xbox 1X. That's really all you can do at that point, and guess what, that's more money!

At this point, figure out if you really like Ark enough to spend more on it, before you instantly try to call a company that made the bloody game a scumbag. Wasn't their fault you picked the least powerful platform to run it on. Without those 'scumbags', you'd have no Ark at all, and those same 'scumbags' still need to make money to keep Ark running, or at least those crappy things we call official servers. Scary isn't it.

Also I'd love for you to tell half of the Ark userbase that you wish Console's never got Ark. You'd feel like how WC does in the unloved department that's for sure.

Ahhh, Utla we try my dear... It's just a Shame that this industry prays on the very people we try to defend them from.

In the end, mature people know we have only ourselves to hold accountable for our decision making and the repercussions that come with it. Sadly, most of the world see fit to learn nothing and blame others because being that lazy is just easier.

God forbid you put some research and learning into making a decision right?

27 minutes ago, Ulta said:

Mind me asking what is your pc build? Saving up the money and would be nice to know what iam saving up for.

2 hours ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Umm..  so WC Are bad guys for doing what all game companies do????? Halo, Assassin's Creed, GTA, COD... All guilty of high end PC trailers marketed to console.

Exactly the normal practice.

If you guys want to take up false advertising, I'd suggest you grow a pair and stop picking on the little guy who's forced to follow suit. Go after the big guys who set the standard...  That would be EA, Ubisoft, Activision and Microsoft if you didn't know.

Well, I've played GTA5 on both PS4 and PC and graphics are amazing on both.

1 hour ago, RedSoul132 said:

Mind me asking what is your pc build? Saving up the money and would be nice to know what iam saving up for.

I spent $1200 at Microcenter for a gig with 4.2 GHz processor, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1070, and 512 GB SSD, and I can pretty consistently run ARK at 55-60 FPS in my base and well in excess of 70 elsewhere (usually around 80-90, and even as much as 130). Took me a month and a half in a summer job to buy it. I'd definitely prioritize your video card, RAM, and an SSD card, and the RAM is pretty cheap.

54 minutes ago, PuffyPony said:

I spent $1200 at Microcenter for a gig with 4.2 GHz processor, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1070, and 512 GB SSD, and I can pretty consistently run ARK at 55-60 FPS in my base and well in excess of 70 elsewhere (usually around 80-90, and even as much as 130). Took me a month and a half in a summer job to buy it. I'd definitely prioritize your video card, RAM, and an SSD card, and the RAM is pretty cheap.

Going to school with graduation soon, breeding praying mantis species and a part time job. Saving up for a pc but other stuff has priorties. But can save a little here and there over the year.

5 hours ago, RedSoul132 said:

I take back my earlier post. I play on a laptop used for gaming, yeah it isnt the best but I can play a game like the Isle on medium settings no problem and maybe high if I push it. I have yet to try Ark but it will probably be just like my xbox and  this is a laptop. So yeah. The thing is the console is nice because it is fun to just chill on your couch and pay ark. Could it look better yes. But consoles are not there for some god forsaken reason. So yes I was wrong and PC are better than consoles even the lower end one like my laptop.

ps: If any one knows how to check my laptops limits like graphics and all that that would be great. 

tbh laptop cost more too upgrade then buying a new rig tbh.. my laptop the screen got black and but it runs fine, i had it now for 6 years and still hasnt fixed it. becus its ss odamn expensive. i think 200 eur minimum

I quite enjoy Ark on my Xbone. The graphics aren't too big of a concern when the game's as fun as it is! Could performance get better? maybe. How about graphics? maybe. As much as anyone would love a graphical upgrade, I don't think it's such a huge problem. No game has ever kept me for as long as Ark has, and that's no thanks to visual perfection.

6 hours ago, Ulta said:

only 800? wow.. thats more then most players LOL my rig runs ark medium 45 fps 60 sometimes out in wild for only 450 eur.

8 hours ago, Chronosphere said:

only 800? wow.. thats more then most players LOL my rig runs ark medium 45 fps 60 sometimes out in wild for only 450 eur.

More than most cause I upgraded things I didn't really 'need' but wanted to get so that I wouldn't have to upgrade for a while. But unlike you, I run at mostly high/epic settings, not medium (except for shadows).

On 9/2/2017 at 5:40 AM, bobishs said:

Im not talking about the Graphic im talking abou the abysmal performance on any plattform. U know any other game that perfroms this bad on console or on pc for no good reason then tell me please which game i would be very interested( well there is one because Wildcard has no coders)

BTW can u please explain me the ´´good´´ Gameplay?

Preforms pretty well for an indoie game from a small unknown company.

Good gameplay is what keeps you coming back, not the painting. If youre worried about things being pretty, watch a movie.

Archived