MT: Server Repurpose: General Discussions/Complaints/I Quits

Moonie1

Take this however you want to take it... for the past week rumor started spreading and eventually became truth and i didnt want to believe it because i love ark so much and dont want it to just die for me... Im happy to hear about how all the updates will still continue on legacy servers however i feel as though with this announcement of lack of support and such with many people leaving to go to the new servers a new problem shall arise with new players that know nothing going against players that have MASSIVE bases on the island... people who just dont want to start over may not have a choice because your rules will become void for legacy servers its almost as if you are telling us "we dont care that you are the reason we are where we are you need to start over like the rest of them" so if someone walled in my base, stopped spawns entirely, blocked off caves, offended me or made severely hateful and racist comments towards me my report and or ticket will be tossed in the trash unless im on one of your magical new servers... to the people who make your game possible dont you think we deserve more than to just be nearly forced to move or forced to deal with trolls? yeah you do the model creation, music, coding and so on so forth but we are your player base without us the game wouldnt have gotten NEARLY as popular as it has today... breeders with hundreds of dinos even second servers and tribes to keep up with them all were basically told "after this day your server is gonna be GONE" or "hey we just gave you multiple breeding events because we know you wont be happy with us completely forgetting about you" and if im wrong please feel free to elaborate or describe in what way im wrong... I feel like you listen to those who say what you wanna hear and type what you want to read... but unless these new servers have permanent 3x raising, reverse on the flier nerf and immediate support on tickets i feel as though your wrong for doing this... and in a way i see why your doing it... you want the new players to have a chance... you want them to get a foothole into the game so they have something rather than bigger players taking all the space, and stuff and please if thats the case dont just be blunt saying "you wont have support anymore!" say something like "for the first few months legacy will not recieve support, however in the future we will be implementing dino transfers between legacy and official servers" now thats something that would probably keep that 60% of your current players FROM QUITTING its sad that you made such an amazing game and your the reason i want to get into game design... i love the music, love the animations and the time and dedication put into the models, all the dossier art, and the likely HOURS or MONTHS you guys spent coding the new GUI's or implementing new game mechanics.... AND I LOVE THAT i love seeing the little feather details on an argy and the way the animations flow soooo perfectly sometimes.... but i hate hearing how you guys are gonna treat us... are you planning on doing the same thing to new servers once your crossplay servers come out? or are we the only ones that were told "we dont care about you anymore"?and i saw all the secrets in your trailer and i love whats coming but... being told we wont recieve support is depressing...

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Insomniak said:

40 million.. that's a chunk of change. Think your history there, although (lol) biased is pretty accurate looking from the outside. But I've had failed companies too... sometimes things don't work out no matter how much you put in so I'm not going to judge the individual by that, it's not my place to do so. Only thing that really proves is his wife is pretty cool, mine wouldn't have done that she would have pointed and said 'he did it'. Of course, she doesn't read this forum either ??

For a ''chunk of change'' I hope you've read all how Scorched Earth was a ''secret'' DLC and how it made ARK the first ever Early Access game with a paying DLC. 

Actually, I hope you know how much Scorched Earth's sales were a gamble for the survival of both Ark and Wildcard. Luckily for WC, it went well. 

Wildcards Great Player Extinction 2017

Well it's a sad last few days for alot of us in ark.  In just a few days our servers will be no more.  We have been spending these last days riding our Dino's around the island taking pictures of them, and our creations, and with our friends that we have met along our ark journey.  And you know it's ok, we expected this to happen I mean come on it's a beta version we expected a full wipe.  What we didn't expect was to be singled out by wildcard for player extinction.  30 % of us are basically being told sorry but you are no longer needed lol.  If there is any consolation  I'm thankful that at least the rest of you all don't have to go through this presently.  I mean maybe it would have made more sense for them to wipe everything and let us all start over fresh but at least some of you are able to maintain what you have.  And for the rest of us that have stood by wildcard for years we get the message loud and clear.  They know we have nowhere to go, they no exactly what they are doing.  If they cut off a few of their existing players then they can make room for the new "paying" customers that are in coming in, and not have to incur the expense of additional servers,, hey I get it it's just business. It just sucks being part of the group singled out for extinction especially when a lot of us have supported the game from the beginning.  The only mistake we made was not settling in to overpopulated, lag filed spawn-less Dino servers.  We searched for the rare server that hadn't been touched by the typical ark chaos and we protected it.  So although it appears that they are only losing low population, unpopular unused servers they are actually losing some of the strongest and most active players in the game.  And a lot of us would have been willing to pay additional whatever to help the cause so in reality they are actually losing money.  If only this company understood how to manage better public relations I guarantee their transition from beta to realese would have been much more successful. 

@Jen posted this recently...

"How To Move Servers

If you are unfamiliar with the process, you are able to upload your items, creatures, and player through the Obelisk terminal, supply drops, as well as the Tek Transmitter. Survivors are advised to use Cross-ARK immediately to relocate their belongings onto a server that is not included in our take-down list above."

This just shows you how out of touch with their own game these guys and gals are.  Transfer would be great but there is just no where to go.  For a lot of us this is just impossible.  Every server is jammed packed and now trying to put an additional 30% of the population into them isn't possible logistically not to mention that transfers typically do not even work properly.  On top of that most of these servers are basically just parking lots that's tribes maintain as they devour other servers.  

But again we all were prepared for this and expected it like I said I just wish it wasn't just a select few of us thrown into chaos with no option.  I mean, I certainly would not want everyone to go through this hell, but if I was on a server that was staying I would feel horrible for those getting the boot I would know they would have nowhere to go and to do that intentionally to only a portion of your clientele is what really hurts. There were a lot of different ways this could have been handled that would have been lights year better and smoother then the chaos they created, there are many better transitional methods they could have used going from beta to release.  Enough said. 

So we spend our last days enjoying what we have created and reminiscing on the great experiences we have had.  To those at 314, The Ascendants, Spartan, Donkey, Phantom, NOM, Epic, SnuSnu, SuWu Company, illou, Tribe of G's, Rotarded, Illusive, Snneezy, and every Tribe of Bob lol!  I love you guys and have enjoyed life on server 314!!! It's been a blast thanks guys and especially thank you Ascendants for keeping our server great and for all your accomplishments, and for having some of the strongest Dino's in the game.  You guys were an absolute example of what a real Ark Alpha tribe should be, and really wildcard should have made you their poster childs lol, I'm sorry for what they have done to you all especially!  And to all those that survived the great player extinction of 2017 we wish you the best of luck with your piece of ark that remains, and best of luck to whatever may come in the future!

4 hours ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Obviously not. Either that or you have no idea what you're looking at so let me spell it out for you.

2005 Technical Director - Boanerges Studios - failed company, no games

Owner of Artificial Studios for 5 years - failed company, the talent was hired by Epic (not Jeremy) and the value went with him, no games

Game Director, Ignition Entertainment, 2 years - Some games yes, but mostly knock offs & remakes, closed with a shady past. So Entry level job in a bad company.

Creative Director, War Drum Studios, 2009 - ports games, doesn't make them. Again, rookie job, but at least one involved in some reputable games. 

Founded, Directed, Lead Programmer, Trendy Studios 4 years (Dungeon Defenders) - Segregated out of his position due to complaints from employees, then given a "go away" deal. This is the job he ended up getting sued over.

Co founder, Lead designer, Lead Programmer Wildcard Studios - Tried to hide from the lawsuit from Trendy for stealing assets for Ark & competing directly against them. Done by claiming to not be involved & only helping his wife & friends in a consulting capacity when Trendy proved he was full of it. Big surprise there. Lost the lawsuit, payed 40 million in damages, then all of a sudden he's one of Arks founders. 

So as I said, a rookie kid with a bad track record.... And...... REKT!!!!

And after 15 years in the industry you still call him a "rookie kid"...

5 hours ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Obviously not. Either that or you have no idea what you're looking at so let me spell it out for you.

2005 Technical Director - Boanerges Studios - failed company, no games

Owner of Artificial Studios for 5 years - failed company, the talent was hired by Epic (not Jeremy) and the value went with him, no games

Game Director, Ignition Entertainment, 2 years - Some games yes, but mostly knock offs & remakes, closed with a shady past. So Entry level job in a bad company.

Creative Director, War Drum Studios, 2009 - ports games, doesn't make them. Again, rookie job, but at least one involved in some reputable games. 

Founded, Directed, Lead Programmer, Trendy Studios 4 years (Dungeon Defenders) - Segregated out of his position due to complaints from employees, then given a "go away" deal. This is the job he ended up getting sued over.

Co founder, Lead designer, Lead Programmer Wildcard Studios - Tried to hide from the lawsuit from Trendy for stealing assets for Ark & competing directly against them. Done by claiming to not be involved & only helping his wife & friends in a consulting capacity when Trendy proved he was full of it. Big surprise there. Lost the lawsuit, payed 40 million in damages, then all of a sudden he's one of Arks founders. 

So as I said, a rookie kid with a bad track record.... And...... REKT!!!!

48 minutes ago, DeningWei said:

HalfSlabBacon, i agree that Jeremy is acting like a kid but DeningWei has a good point here, after 15years in the (or any) industry you're definatly not a rookie, and if you're still bad at your job after 15 years, you might need to reconsider your career.

1 hour ago, Naerah(Qc) said:

HalfSlabBacon, i agree that Jeremy is acting like a kid but DeningWei has a good point here, after 15years in the (or any) industry you're definatly not a rookie, and if you're still bad at your job after 15 years, you might need to reconsider your career.

If I start a company at 12 do I have 10 years experience at 22?

Have you seen pictures of the guy or watched the GDC conference? He's not old enough to have 15 years in an industry.

2 hours ago, DeningWei said:

1 hour ago, Naerah(Qc) said:

Here guys, i'm being nice enough to do the work for you again.

Does this look like a 15 year Vet? Yes Photos current.

a29a9531b967ee6f5d0ece0f7a235998.jpg

10 minutes ago, BlueFox91 said:

Nope, unless he's one of those people that is lucky to look young. But no he does not.

I think you'll find if you do a little research, they're all pretty young. Which is actually often the case with tech start ups.

Steven Jobs, Bill Gates, Sean Parker, Mark Zuckerberg, all just kids when they started making headlines. Not that I'm putting Jeremy in with that class of tech Pioneers. They just happen to be really good examples.

3 hours ago, powerstuck said:

YAY ! WE HAVE BEEN HEARD !

They gave us a candy in form of a 3x on all servers...

L-O-L

LOL all servers... pointless for the servers on kill list. I bet the other servers are having a blast celebrating they haven't been chosen for elimination and taking advantage of x3. Poor souls are next though.

pssssttt, x3 is a distraction

1 minute ago, BlueFox91 said:

LOL all servers... pointless for the servers on kill list. I bet the other servers are having a blast celebrating they haven't been chosen for elimination and taking advantage of x3. Poor souls are next though.

Well of course...I tamed 100 dodos in an hour. Capped my server so now refugees can come with their dinos onto it. 

The problem now with the closing of all the servers is 1 everyone rushing to a server nobody wants anyone else on because it is already to laggy with the amount of people on it.  2 Now there are all out wars and dedosing going on people can't even raise their babies without them dieing. 3 your stating that is as the early release people who helped with making the game what it is are not worth getting tech support after the kill even though most will state it took forever to get it if we get it.  4 if we decide to go to the new servers we have to start over n not be able to take our stuff with us. Now I'm not one of the people who's server is on the kill list but I have been playing since a few months after the game came out I love the concept of the game have fun playing it. You stated that the everyone who has early access would not get wiped now everyone is pretty much being wiped either by wildcard or by mega tribes running to get another server because theirs is on the kill list. We as the early access player helped make this game as I stated before but it seems that all you want is to get more money from the sells of the new people who want to by the game because word of mouth from us has got them excited to play the game I wonder what would happen if word of mouth turns negative towards the game?  Now I know you think on a legal end the ones who lost time and their money on this game can't get refunds but u see the term of us all being beta players and did not get paid for a job done and you as the game makers are making millions on the game you can be legally liable to either refund people or pay for logged in time of the game for a job well done. Look at the details lots of loop holes in it. Now with all that said and done I feel you should leave all the servers before you have multi servers with nobody on it because a new game just came out recently that I have seen lots of people sell of their items here and purchased the new game that has no lags, no down servers, no dedosing and no duping.  Soon you may not have people on your game to play and you will wonder where you went wrong.  Think about it all the people who stuck with you and your about to release the game in full with so many issues you may not want to pay out refunds for early access but without a proper working games the new players will want their money back for an unfinished game and move on. 

It really is sad sad that the people who stood by you and all the things with the game to make it great only to be seen as no consquest to you now that you think your ready to release it. 

I've been saying this for awhile, the fact that Official servers weren't mostly higher rate, monthly wipe server is the reason people are mad today.  No official server should have been up for 2 years with all the glitches, bug and exploits.  Those servers should have been used for game feedback.  You want to play on official, you're here to help us make the game better, not build your life.  That's official after release, not before.  They let people play on them like the game was a full release.  I don't know how anyone to include the devs could have thought for the past year that those servers would be sustainable.  And of course people are pissed, I would be too if thousands of hours of game play was about to be wiped out.  Just poopt decisions by WC from the start.

What they should have done is NOT TOUCHED the servers for a map that is consumers PAID for and now wipping mass majority of se servers not low lvl population ones ours was used everyday by a good amount of tribes an actually a friendly server

Pretty sure they pulled the list outta their ar*** 

Thats one of the biggest issues i paid for this se dlc and myself an hundreds/thousands of others and WC just shafted me an didn't even buy me a drink first but hey ho 

13 minutes ago, The1trueGodMe said:

What they should have done is NOT TOUCHED the servers for a map that is consumers PAID for and now wipping mass majority of se servers not low lvl population ones ours was used everyday by a good amount of tribes an actually a friendly server

Thats one of the biggest issues i paid for this se dlc and myself an hundreds/thousands of others and WC just shafted me an didn't even buy me a drink first but hey ho 

Exactly. A lot of SE players probably thought their servers were safe because we paid extra money for that map. I thought my server was in the clear because it was an active PVE server, but there it is on the kill list PvE NA Scorched Earth 755 screaming at me.

so its hard to know where to even start tbh. s wildcard is raptoring us all over, all the fans that have been with them since day one there just scrapping all of us, all the people that have supported them through so called improving this game paying money for the game before official release but having to still put up with it years down the line, getting no support from them when u submit a ticket ( maybe a few of you have been lucky, but ive never had a single reply) you wipe these peoples servers and give them just 5 days notice DILO. so ur putting new servers up, new legacy servers including ragnarok BUT garetee within a year ALL legacy servers will be wipe weather their unpopulated or not ( what exacly do they class as under populated??? good question) any one that is on legacy which is everyone ur choice is stay where u are and be wiped within 6 months as if any of you are not aware they will be 'reveiwing' servers every 3 months or u can move to legacy ragnarok but still run the risk of being wiped because it is a legacy server, or you can suck it up and start from fresh and yes that mean running down the beach naked pickng berries and fibre by hand dieing probably a thousand times before u can even make a foundation or bed or anything or what seems to b the most popular choice.....QUIT ARK ALL TOGETHER DILO after thousands of hours of work and enjoying the game this is what it has come to because of wildcards raptored up choice to screw us all over. Ok so people are saying/thinking 'well its not fair to all the noobies......' well they could have bought the game months/years ago and had to deal with all the poop weve had to deal with all the lagggggg the dupers the servers down THE STARTING FROM SCRATCH. how many noobs do u get on ur server that get freebies...dinos....building mats ect. i remember taming dodos to get kibble for ptran and dilos to get a doed why the hell should we have to start over after all the hard work its the biggest pile of bullpoop. so much for wild card say 'when it gets offically released we wont be wiping servers' what a raptoring joke.all the legacy serverss that are atleast left for now will now be lawless with no support from wildcard.so here to the biggest joke at wild card  Jeremy Stieglitz  thanks for turning an awesome game (well the concept of it anyway) into a COMPLETE WASTE OF raptorING TIME rant over :-)

6 minutes ago, BeardO said:

Has become?  I love ark, have always wished another studio developed it though.

I always thought Studio Wildcard was/is doing a pretty good job at developing a game as huge as Ark (with a comparatively small staff). Are there places for improvement, yeah sure, but they've made a pretty awesome game, and there are areas for praise. 

iv just been waiting for the tether to go, thought that hosting my game on a pc playing on my xbox was going to be included in what I paid for already (owning it on both xbox and pc), now im not even sure if I am going to carry on with this crap. Turns out that you will need the xbox version to get the windows 10 version which I assume won't be able to play with steam players as they are "totally different entities" so in reality it is breaking up the pc userbase, unless you want to leave steam and buy it on microshafts store. Nice job wildcard, you screwed us again while promising us something tasty you whip it away last second. Bravo I actually failed to see it coming

54 minutes ago, The1trueGodMe said:

38 minutes ago, BlueFox91 said:

Exactly. A lot of SE players probably thought their servers were safe because we paid extra money for that map. I thought my server was in the clear because it was an active PVE server, but there it is on the kill list PvE NA Scorched Earth 755 screaming at me.

Guys, I totally agree WC is going about this all wrong, and you all have every right to be pissed. However, you need to keep in mind you didn't pay for any servers, they did.

What you were actually paying for was the base game & dlc, which you both still have. You can always play them in SP or unofficial because you still have what you payed for.

Yes they lied to you, but they didn't steal from you.

13 minutes ago, Shrekasaurus said:

I always thought Studio Wildcard was/is doing a pretty good job at developing a game as huge as Ark (with a comparatively small staff). Are there places for improvement, yeah sure, but they've made a pretty awesome game, and there are areas for praise. 

They have already had enough praise, all they need to do is check the bank accounts ;) 

18 minutes ago, Titan696 said:

iv just been waiting for the tether to go, thought that hosting my game on a pc playing on my xbox was going to be included in what I paid for already (owning it on both xbox and pc), now im not even sure if I am going to carry on with this crap. Turns out that you will need the xbox version to get the windows 10 version which I assume won't be able to play with steam players as they are "totally different entities" so in reality it is breaking up the pc userbase, unless you want to leave steam and buy it on microshafts store. Nice job wildcard, you screwed us again while promising us something tasty you whip it away last second. Bravo I actually failed to see it coming

You'll get the  Win10 version for free because you have the xbone copy, so it won't cost you anything. You are correct though, the Win/Xbox copies will never be able to play with Steam players. However, that decision isn't WC's, that is a Steam & Microsoft thing. Frankly, MS would never allow it, they want everyone on their ecosystem. 

yeah but I have the DLC on the pc and just the standard copy on the xbox so it is going to mean I can't host or play scorched earth even tho i already own it. So they make us pay for even more stuff so we can play the game that we have been promised for over a year. And I am expecting it to be the other way round, if you get the windows 10 version you will get the xbox version, that way they get to shaft everyone who owns ark, im even wondering if windows 10 and steam users will be cross compatible, by the sounds of things they are totally separate and I am not expecting them to care either way. They will just break up the existing userbase for a gimmick

Archived