HOW to tame Titanoboa

BlueFox91

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are indeed tamed with fertilized eggs. If you look on YouTube, Syntac released a video in which he tames a 180 Titanoboa with fertilized Yut eggs (he obviously has altered rates and whatnot). No word yet on how efficiency is determined (i.e. by level of parents/type of egg/both), but high level Yut eggs seemed pretty effective. Simply drop a few eggs at a time, and make sure the Boa doesn't have anything to aggro on because that'll disrupt the tame.

9 minutes ago, PuffyPony said:

They are indeed tamed with fertilized eggs. If you look on YouTube, Syntac released a video in which he tames a 180 Titanoboa with fertilized Yut eggs (he obviously has altered rates and whatnot). No word yet on how efficiency is determined (i.e. by level of parents/type of egg/both), but high level Yut eggs seemed pretty effective. Simply drop a few eggs at a time, and make sure the Boa doesn't have anything to aggro on because that'll disrupt the tame.

Ah great, it's like a passive tame -_-

14 minutes ago, BlueFox91 said:

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Titanoboa

Not rideable, unless gamepedia needs to update. Maybe its just for eggs and could be another guard dog dinosaur.

Even those two qualities alone make it worth taming. Its Torpor really packs a punch (base damage of 30, with 3x Torpor... that'll OHKO an unarmored players even at 100% damage, and at 500% that'll probably KO even a high-fortitude, armored players in just a couple of hits)

1 hour ago, PuffyPony said:

as far as i know, the wiki does have affinity out now -- looks like giga gives the most - im not sure if the times are correct..if so it appears to take many hours for nice titans.

1 hour ago, Jay89 said:

Anyone tried with wyvern eggs fert?

Based on the Wiki, wyvern eggs aren't very effective. It appears there are groups of eggs that are tiered to provide different efficiency. From first to worst,

1- Giga
2- Bronto, Diplo
3- Dimetrodon, Rex, Sarco, Quetz, Yut
4- Allo, Argent, Carno, Kentro, Megalo, Spino, Stego, Therizino
5- Morellatops, Pachyrhino, Thorny Dragon, Trike
6- Bary, Ichthyornis, Kapro, Megalania, Pachy, Pela, Ptera, Raptor, Tape, Terror Bird, Wyvern
7- Oviraptor
8- Anky, Dimorph, Galli, Iguanodon, Moschops, Moth, Parasaur, Vulture
9- Archa, Compy, Dilo, Dodo, Hesper, Kairuku, Lystro, Microraptor, Pego, Troodon, Turtle

Based on that, I'd say Diplo eggs are the best route for someone who isn't well-established because of the relatively ease of taming the big doofuses. A video I watched of the tame used Yut eggs, but it had boosted rates and whatnot so I'm not sure that those are really that worthwhile, considering the rarity of the tame

3 minutes ago, PuffyPony said:

Based on the Wiki, wyvern eggs aren't very effective. It appears there are groups of eggs that are tiered to provide different efficiency. From first to worst,

1- Giga
2- Bronto, Diplo
3- Dimetrodon, Rex, Sarco, Quetz, Yut
4- Allo, Argent, Carno, Kentro, Megalo, Spino, Stego, Therizino
5- Morellatops, Pachyrhino, Thorny Dragon, Trike
6- Bary, Ichthyornis, Kapro, Megalania, Pachy, Pela, Ptera, Raptor, Tape, Terror Bird, Wyvern
7- Oviraptor
8- Anky, Dimorph, Galli, Iguanodon, Moschops, Moth, Parasaur, Vulture
9- Archa, Compy, Dilo, Dodo, Hesper, Kairuku, Lystro, Microraptor, Pego, Troodon, Turtle

Based on that, I'd say Diplo eggs are the best route for someone who isn't well-established because of the relatively ease of taming the big doofuses. A video I watched of the tame used Yut eggs, but it had boosted rates and whatnot so I'm not sure that those are really that worthwhile, considering the rarity of the tame

i saw this as well..but also saw the times the wiki showed.. anyone confirm how long they actually are.. as of now it looks like 36 min intervals between giga eggs for a level 1 titanboa which is ridiculously long..3 hours total.

Archived