ARK Digest Question Collection!

Jatheish

1.What will you do about the current breeding system? It's hard for people to stay so much time online consecutively. This is a game for more people, but if all of them are from the same timezone, it's still a problem to do the "ark night shift" just to raise some dino. Instead of making people stay 20 hours continously, split the time at least in three.2. Will you alter imprinting?  Again same problem staying in the night to get imprinting. Change the care time every 6h at least, if not 8.
3.Bugs with babies not eating when in stasis. This still happens on adolescent. Only makes previously mentioned problems worse. Try to breed a daeodon.
4. Kibble rework. we need that. Will it happen ?
5.Griffin's hovering animation too laggy. Will you change it?
6. What about behavior of flying creatures? If you get off one of them you have to get frustrated and angry to mount it again...whistle to stop stops midair, whistle to come to you flies above you out of range etc.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets type up a summary of all the topics that I've started in the suggestion forum up untill now, with some new idea's features.

- Make Scorched Earth usefull 

As of right now (since the release of Ragnarok on pc) Scorched earth is a DLC that people have paid for to get no benefits whatsoever. Except for the fact that you can tame a Rock Golem. A bit pricy for 1 extra dino in my opinion. SE needs (imo) several fixes for it to be actually worth it to have a main base there and actually play/buy that map. In short:

- Increase spawn of higher level dino's on SE (currently main spawn = level 35 max for a 'hardcore map')

- Don't let the TEK generator be affected by thunder storms (tek tier for a reason)

- Make it that on ragnarok max wyvern eggs are 150-160 and on SE more 150+ spawns (currently other way around where ragnarok has many 150+ spawns and SE many 100- spawns) 

- Give SE an unique positive feature (As example reduced breeding time interval because the heat makes the dino’s hot, or a dino that can upkeep your base (repair generator, pet dino’s, pick up eggs/poop, clean base - PvE only!))

- Give people worth their money on SE with unique cool features that also have positive effects which want you to go there.

Another thing that many people are waiting for and is mentioned earlier in this topic, several times, is a farmer joe rework. Give our hillbilly farmers new features, new crops, decorations etc. (more specific: fruit tree’s, tree’s for wood, mushroom/rare flower patches, silk patches, fiber, araneo banana plant etc.)

Furthermore an addition to tribe management would be nice. As example for the current traders or community tribes who have dino’s set to “personal” have to wait for the actual owner to come online to trade. It would be nice to see that you could make a “trade group” as personal owner which every tribemember (or admin+ depending on governance) can unclaim.

Another thing would be the long lasting PvE vs PvP issues. It would be nice to actually see a difference and a clear line between PvE and PvP. The main reason for this is that PvE players have to deal with nerfs that are mainly ment for PvP. Simple example for this is the flyer nerf. This doesn’t mean that the flyer needs to be cancelled in PvE, but a great solution for this could be PvE only augmentations on saddles. Where you could augment +10%/20%/30% etc. speed or armour in the saddle for fair resource cost of course and a max number of augmentations.

Other things I’d like to see in short:

-         More building mechanics for decorative bases

-         Decorative items for in your base (plantpots a.e)

-         A safe trading system at obelisk where you don’t have to transfer items (grand exchange)

-         Clearity on the progress of the kibble rework (is this still a thing or are we going to keep kibbles in game)

-         Quetzal not turning his head towards you blocking you in every way possible (very annoying, already burned 2 quetzals to death because they blocked me non stop)

-         The ability to pickup wild dinos with flyers in PvE

-         Fix on the glitched wyverns/glitched wyvern eggs

-         Ability to put tribe in “vacation mode” for solo tribes (ability can only be activated once per year for a duration of 20 days maximum, PvE only)

-         Put dino taming limit per person in stead of per tribe, currently it only promotes making 3 different tribes with friends in stead of actually playing together in 1 tribe. (the limit should be around 500 per person in stead of 500/tribe. So 3 people in tribe is 1500 taming limit in tribe)

-         Skin unlock in game when reached flak armour on forum, to improve and maintain activity

-         More snapping options for items (a.e. vaults/box’s next to eachother and snap on wall)

I probably still forgot over half of the ideas I had so there might be a second post soon.

Please leave a like if you agree with this.

Zero Seconds

1)  Are the oil nerfs going to be reverted in multi player, and if so, when?  

2) The Fog on The Center (and other maps, I assume) looks more like smog from a forest fire or inversion layer, and makes the game look very ugly.  Is this still being tweaked?  Is this how the game will look from now on?

3)  There was a dev comment maybe a month or two ago about making breeding and especially imprinting less of a hazard to physical and mental health.  Is there still a commitment to this?  When could we expect to see something?

4)  Kibble revamp:  still a thing, or no?

What about adding more fish to the lakes and oceans? It would be nice to see other things than just coel and salmon, and have something different to catch. Maybe add a type of Largemouth Bass, or a type of Marlon, or a Ladyfish(Flyfish)? They can all have their different characteristics and difficulties of catching, and all yield their own rewards. And lets not forget being able to mount them to place above the fireplace.

55 minutes ago, bswinflu said:

What about adding more fish to the lakes and oceans? It would be nice to see other things than just coel and salmon, and have something different to catch. Maybe add a type of Largemouth Bass, or a type of Marlon, or a Ladyfish(Flyfish)? They can all have their different characteristics and difficulties of catching, and all yield their own rewards. And lets not forget being able to mount them to place above the fireplace.

Good idea

so i tend to lag a lot and when i'm riding any fast land mount if i fall or jump when there is a big spike i will be shot across the map on said mount unless i get off in which i am so high in the air i loose most of my health or die. so my question is will this ever be fixed or is it something only i'm getting? i mean in some ways i could use it to my advantage where i don't have to run to the other side of the map but then i loose too much health or die. (maybe this isn't the right discussion thread i'm in for this).

1 hour ago, Necrobloodspawn said:

Can you make it so you can actually paint bigger dino's heads? I dont know if this is a thing on pc but on Xbox I cant zoom out enough to paint the giga's face.

sometimes it doesn't work for us pc people either. the last time i painted a rex i could barely see its head i had to turn it a weird angle to do it

Will you ever up the cap on the levels of our dinos i know its something like 450 at the moment just wondering because alot of people alrady own some dinos that start off at a lower level but go past the current level cap i know it will be hard with the high level eggs flying about atm but just curious if its will ever be put up ty

Will Survival of the Fittest ever return to ARK???

I would personally love to see the return of survival of the Fittest the fast paced action and thrill of surviving not only against dinos but other players in a brutal fight to the end was exhilarating. I've met plenty of console players that are dying for a chance to play it and it would offer a nice change of pace to the daily grind of the game.

If SOTF doesn't return will there be any other game modes added in like a death match or capture the flag something you can play in one sitting without the commitment of the survival mode?

Because lets face it not everybody can or has the time to commit to PVP ark or enjoys the slow pace of pve. They still want the multiplayer experience so if other game modes were added in i believe you would retain and attract not only more but different types of players.

On 29.7.2017 at 4:59 AM, AlmightyGamerYT said:

Will Egg Hatching/Gestation Speed, Maturing Speed and Mating Interval be speed up to like 2x When game is released or will it stay default and only happen with Evo Events? 

Thats interesting for me too. I remember the first days of Ark, taming was harder than now - x2 is now permanent after a few events. But the main pursuit (breeding, hatching, etcetera) don't get any permanent boost. 1,5x speed up sounds good too for beginning. :)

1. Is Ced still alive? When are we going to see the teased content like the Byzantine Flamethrower and the Blunderbuss for Primitive +? Not to mention the Blowgun. 

2. Do you guys have any plans future plans for PvE? As it stands, we sort of lack content. Especially after players reach a certain level and/or animal threshold. Do you plan to learn from the Ragnarok Developers and implement more PvE focused elements such as mazes, mini-bosses (that aren't Alphas), puzzles and other such things? 

3. Can I ask what's the point of needing to Ascend to play different maps? Especially when you give us a means to bypass it? 

4. Why're hair styles tied to achievements? Many of which are later game achievements. Would it be possible to tie them to earlier ones? Like, 'make your first shelter' or 'craft and sail a raft' or something. I mean, hair is such a minor thing while simultaneously being sorta important to those starting off that I don't think killing The Dragon is an appropriate prerequisite. 

5. Ever think of lowering the points necessary for the Crafting Skill to have the chance of creating better bonuses? 100 points is a bit steep of a price, I think. 

6. I remember at one point you guys said that you don't have any (or very few) AI Programmers. Have you gotten more since then? If not, do you plan to outsource it? Because, as it stands, ARK can be a bit of a cakewalk due to how simple the AI can be. Well, that and the fact that tamed animals are still much stronger than their wild counterparts. 

7. Can we get more of those 3D Prints? I want the Allosaurus and the Yutyrannus...

• Jatheish unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • Jatheish locked this topic

Archived