How many new servers will be added?

Oldskool

When the game launches on the 8th and the servers split to legacy and new. How many news servers do you think wildcard will add?

I feel like allot of people myself included will be moving to the new servers as they will be a fresh experience and free from the duping an exploits that have messed up the old ones.

Im just hoping there will be enough to accommodate all the new arrival players and the people lookin for a new start. Whats your thoughts/concerns?

Good question. I had a few questions as well since I plan on moving to a new server and even took some time off to hopefully get situated with a little bit of PVE land this time around.

1) How many new servers (including for the new maps and PVE)

2) Is there a time frame for the new servers yet?

3) How will we be able to tell which servers are the new ones? Will the new or old servers have names or symbols for example?

4) Will there be crossark transfers between the new servers at all? Because I can already see large tribes going from server to server on the new servers claiming up all the PVE/PVP land. Would be nice if there was no crossark transfers at all for some time so new players can get settled in on a SINGLE server before the larger tribes run wild.

6 minutes ago, Rep said:

Good question. I had a few questions as well since I plan on moving to a new server and even took some time off to hopefully get situated with a little bit of PVE land this time around.

1) How many new servers (including for the new maps and PVE)

2) Is there a time frame for the new servers yet?

3) How will we be able to tell which servers are the new ones? Will the new or old servers have names or symbols for example?

4) Will there be crossark transfers between the new servers at all? Because I can already see large tribes going from server to server on the new servers claiming up all the PVE/PVP land. Would be nice if there was no crossark transfers at all for some time so new players can get settled in on a SINGLE server before the larger tribes run wild.

I think they have already confirmed that cros ark transfer will be included between only the new servers. But yes having a lock on obelisks for maybe launch week or even 2 weeks would be a very good move. Stopping mega tribes from goin full 4 map overkill an locking down everything.

I think adding these new servers needs to be handled correctly and it is a big deal for the game in general. I think these questions need to be answered prior to releasing the new servers. 

I think they will be very conservative with new servers as they will have to ensure there is an appropriate number of them 3 months down the track when half the players aren't on them as much.  Also unlike the legacy servers the new servers are a commitment to long term spending and therefore WC will be trying to minimize that as much as possible.

2 hours ago, Oldskool said:

When the game launches on the 8th and the servers split to legacy and new. How many news servers do you think wildcard will add?

I feel like allot of people myself included will be moving to the new servers as they will be a fresh experience and free from the duping an exploits that have messed up the old ones.

Im just hoping there will be enough to accommodate all the new arrival players and the people lookin for a new start. Whats your thoughts/concerns?

According to the pc gamers interview its around 200 new and 400 legacy

16 hours ago, Oldskool said:

I think they have already confirmed that cros ark transfer will be included between only the new servers. But yes having a lock on obelisks for maybe launch week or even 2 weeks would be a very good move. Stopping mega tribes from goin full 4 map overkill an locking down everything.

Actually they've confirmed that there will never be transferring allowed between new and legacy servers. It don't think it's out of the question that they decide to allow it way down the road when the game is starting to die out and they want to completely consolidate the remaining official player base, but officially and for the foreseeable future it's not going to happen.

For OP. My guess is that there will be enough total servers to accommodate the number of people that want to play new, but that some server types will be capped. E.g. I could see an open slot on a new PvE Rag server being nearly impossible to find when the game drops. In fairly classic WC fashion, we probably won't know all/most the details until right before (or after :)) launch.

At one time, before they even knew they would have legacy PVE servers they mentioned getting 200 new PVP servers and keeping 400 legacy servers. They also mentioned the cost would be $100,000 for the new servers and $100,000 for the old servers.

http://www.pcgamer.com/ark-survival-evolveds-design-lead-on-huge-server-wipe-reversal-and-new-structure-post-pc-launch/

2 hours ago, Arkasaurio said:

Actually they've confirmed that there will never be transferring allowed between new and legacy servers. It don't think it's out of the question that they decide to allow it way down the road when the game is starting to die out and they want to completely consolidate the remaining official player base, but officially and for the foreseeable future it's not going to happen.

For OP. My guess is that there will be enough total servers to accommodate the number of people that want to play new, but that some server types will be capped. E.g. I could see an open slot on a new PvE Rag server being nearly impossible to find when the game drops. In fairly classic WC fashion, we probably won't know all/most the details until right before (or after :)) launch.

Yea i meant cros ark transfer between clusters on the new servers will be allowed. Not jumping from legacy to new as that would make no sense. An yea i think its gonna be about 200, still gonna be a hectic few days whe  they drop 

21 hours ago, DeningWei said:

I think they will be very conservative with new servers as they will have to ensure there is an appropriate number of them 3 months down the track when half the players aren't on them as much.  Also unlike the legacy servers the new servers are a commitment to long term spending and therefore WC will be trying to minimize that as much as possible.

Time will tell. They're probably not expecting a major increase in new official players at launch, that's probably coming later in the year. The new servers are mainly for PR, also to keep some existing pvp players happy and feel like they can get a fresh, equal redo.

9 hours ago, Oldskool said:

I myself am happy with the new start idea. Getting hyped for some nice new server action.

Me too, the idea of making a new pvp guy and being a spear Rambo for a while sounds like an ark vacation, but like all vacations sooner or later you will need to get back home before the neighbor stops feeding the dogs.*

*these statements have been offered under the assumption  your old  home has not been c4'd to the ground and your animals are aren't in someone's smoker becoming jerky 

15 minutes ago, Insomniak said:

Me too, the idea of making a new pvp guy and being a spear Rambo for a while sounds like an ark vacation, but like all vacations sooner or later you will need to get back home before the neighbor stops feeding the dogs.*

*these statements have been offered under the assumption  your old  home has not been c4'd to the ground and your animals are aren't in someone's smoker becoming jerky 

Haha pvp will get out of hand pretty quick. Especially if some of the big alpha tribes want some fresh action. I can smell the human jerky already.

16 hours ago, Arkasaurio said:

Yeah, that's what he meant when he said, "cros ark transfer will be included between only the new servers". 

Archived