Server Wipe

Killbolt
Message added by Jerryn

Let's stay on topic and not make this personal.

Note:  Responding to an off topic comment is also off topic.

3 hours ago, Dark2084 said:

I could be mistaken but I believe you said before that you do not play on official servers, if that is the case then why exactly would you even care about a wipe on the official servers? As I have said before, you are entitled to your opinion but to sit here and try to decide the fate of groups that you do not interact with ingame ... well that is one of the problems we have here. To many people want to try and have a say in an aspect of the game that they have nothing to do with. If you are on an unofficial server and want it wiped then by all means push to have it wiped, just please leave the rest of us out of your crusade.

You are correct. I don't play on official servers. I TRIED a while ago, and the toxicity of the high and mighty players there was just awful. So I left.

As for why I'm saying my opinion on whether a wipe should or shouldn't happen...I am still an ARK player. I don't want to see this game run into the ground, and I don't want it to bomb. Granted, a lot more is wrong with officials than just duping and bugs or a need for or nay on a wipe. But just cause I do not play there doesn't mean I don't know what's going on, or that I don't care about the state it's in and those poor folks who are choosing to actually STAY on officials and dealing with it. I know the structure of ARK. I know that it's evolved a lot in it's 2 years of life. I have a right to say that I feel it would be more FAIR to new players that they start at the starting line WITH EA'ers like us. Not because I want to shoot us EAers in the foot, or to 'get back' at the people who make officials toxic and thus make me still stay clear of it (although getting rid of those toxic players I am all for regardless). I know losing progress is hard, and officials are not 'easy'. But a wipe is NOT bad. It only means you get to experience the game all over again.

I really don't want EAers to be upset at starting over, but a wipe is better for the game. You will still be better than those new players, and I can think of worse things to happen than to again, experience a game you like all over again but with less bugs, no dupes, and knowing there will NOT be another wipe again. Waaaaay worse things. I'm thinking of the new players and ARK's longevity...not the self-entitlement of players who got this game and expected completely that they could retain EVERYTHING they got during the EA phase. Sure it's a bit of a kick in the face when a dev now probably has to go back on something they said a YEAr ago, but change happens. And if you can't cope then, you better start learning, cause such is life.

Also FYI, even if my unofficial ends up getting wiped do from this decision, so be it. I'll know it was for the better for some others out there.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, YUSHOETMI said:

Quite wrong tho. The problem with ragnarock wasn't the alphas blanketing the map with pillars, (well it was but go with me here), the problem was the game allowed them to do that with transferring being possible. Had they not allowed transfers onto the new servers for the map then the likelyhood is players would have taken up those spots and whilst bob and his "alpha" tribe where too busy crafting endless pillars somebody would have built up and wiped them out. Alas they just transferred an obelisk or two full of pillars and took over a map. 

If a wipe occurs then how are they going to do that straight away? Magically magic up some magic pillars of magic and place them around the map. Also you're talking about PvE here which is solely where that problem lays and one of the many reasons  I wish PvE had just stayed on the "suggestions" table in development. 

One of my favourite experiences in ark was when they brought out the centre. Moving to that map and starting again was incredible. The server was vibrant, wars where plenty and the community was alight. Now it's just "meh". 

Past expereicnes and knowledge of the game to me would suggest a wipe is the best way forward for the game. 

Ah. Well then if you want the naked player and PvP version then you have to look no further then the Scorched Earth launch. Sure you could transfer characters but that was it. No equipment. Some members of the alpha tribes spent their time beating down other players while others built up their bases and created equipment while preventing others from doing so. Insuring that they'd be the alphas of the server while creating a miserable starting experience for everyone else. Great tactic for success after the release wipe.

13 hours ago, KingGalahad said:

All the reasons for either side of this argument are selfish. Even asking this question is making presumptions that your argument is morally superior to anyone from the "Anti Wipe" side as you call them. Personally, I couldn't care less one way or the other if they wipe or don't wipe. 

None of the arguements I've mentioned is selfish. With selfish im referring to the people that give 'I dont want to lose my work' as an arguement.

So the Pro Wipe stand point can basically be boiled down to this:

The servers should be wiped because of Duping, Greedy alpha tribes that will ruin the game for newcomers and that it is unfair to new players just buying the game because they didn't have access to the game when there were advantages to dinos and such that are no longer around.

Duping, yes. Greedy alpha tribes, no. Greedy alphas will always be part of ARK as long as open world PvP is encouraged. And I'm totally fine with that, someone has to be Top Dog. But keeping duped items in the game isnt justifiable in any way. Sure WC has takens erious steps in coutnering this by unstacking carious expensive items but that only took away a small part of the problem. And its not only items that got duped, there are still a butload of dinos out there that were duped.

In counter to these arguments, why should all the current players lose all their progress because of the bad actions of the dupers? Yes the dupers should be punished, but not every other player. As for Greedy alpha tribes ruining the game for new players. That would happen regardless of a wipe or not. Do you think the new player will have any chance against an organised alpha tribe? Most of these Mega alpha tribes would be back up to where they are in no time at all. As for the unfairness to new players because they are joining a game and aren't on equal footing. Why should they be rewarded for waiting until full release to buy the game? They didn't support the game during early access like the current player base did. Why should the current player base be punished for supporting the game during early access? 

I've covered duping and alphas above. New players arent 'rewarded' with a clean game. Its normal for a game to be clean and fresh when its released. Its not an unreasonable expectation. If I were a new player that waited until full release because I didnt have the time and patience to play EA (which is understandable) and I would be killed by someone that had a rifle with 400% dmg 650 durability which I could NEVER obtain I would toss the game in the trashcan and give a bad review. We, EA players are not being punished by having our progress wiped. The reward we got is the ability to play this game for over 2 years and experiencing it grow. Thats all the reward we should get.

A lot of the pro wipe argument boils down to "Well it is EA, you should expect a wipe." Well yeah, it is EA, but that doesn't mean there has to be a wipe. It doesn't mean there shouldn't be a wipe either. If Wild Card feels that is what they should do for the best interests of their game, that is fine. To call for a wipe simply because it is an EA game is asinine. Both sides quote Jeremy as having said a year ago that there would be no wipe. The pro wipe side saying that quote doesn't matter because that is a year ago and things have changed. Yes, things have changed. It is an EA game after all. Things are bound to change. The fact that there has been no other official word on this subject (aside from the Right Hand stating in an interview that he is for a wipe personally) speaks volumes. The only word on this subject officially has been that there won't be a wipe, and so players have played accordingly. It is very selfish of the pro wipe crowd to think that the time these people have spent playing the game on the official servers should not count for anything. 

Jeremy never said there would never be a wipe, WCs stance was that they didnt intend to wipe unless circumstances asked for it. And dont you think its more selfish for anti wipe players to say ' WE DONT WANT TO LOSE THE STUFF WE WORKED FOR' compared to 'WE WANT EVERYONE TO HAVE A FAIR GAME'? I think the latter isnt selfish at all since WE TOO will lose all progress. WE TOO will have to start over, but somehow we seem to be the only people to realise that it would be financial suicide for WC to release a game flooded with EA filth that they couldnt get rid off.

What I read from most of the people posting for the wipe is that they are bitter players that have been wiped by "Greedy Alphas". Do you truthfully want the wipe for the betterment of the game? Or is it more to get revenge on the "Greedy Alphas" that ruined official PvP for you?

It has been well over a year since I've been wiped by 'greedy alphas' and I've had alot of fun fighting them. I will admit that I'm not a fan of the PvP state the game is in now. What I DO see is that almost all the anti wipe players are PvE players. What this tells me is that PvE players cannot let go of their Virtual Progression even if its for the overall betterment of the game. PvP players are mostly either 'MEH I get wiped every couple days, an official wipe wouldnt hurt me any more.' OR 'We are alphas now and we will be again even after they wipe'. PvP players dont really care at all because they can deal with losing stuff and building back up again.

On a side note. If you see this game as 'hard work' maybe its time for you guys to take a break, its supposed to be fun. I've had fun building my base. I wont mind losing it all if it would mean the game gets rid off every item that cannot be obtained anymore. I will just build back up and have an equal ammount of fun. Hell I'll probably have even more fun because of the no collision change and the experience I have with building now.

14 hours ago, Vrallox said:

I was going to suggest reading the thread since people have given a long list of compelling, unselfish reasons why a wipe is a bad idea but then I noticed we're at over a thousand posts. So I'll just repost some of my own since they're in my post history and easily found rather then have you go through all that.

I'm going to quickly say here that a wipe would only need to happen IF ALL GLITCHES, EXPLOITS AND BROKEN GAME MECHANICS ARE FIXED.

Here's one:

"We have a history of "equal playing fields" in ARK. SE had an "equal playing field." The PvE servers were covered in pillars and there was constant kiting of animals to other bases in order to acquire better/more land. In PvP it was similar but with direct attacks between players. You are right, but SE was also filled with bugs and exploits, which if a wipe would happen would all be gone. There is no point in wiping if the glitches and exploits are still in the game.

Same thing has happened with new maps each time. See above.

As for item duplicators, once they lose everything do you know what they'll do? Duplicate, duplicate, duplicate. They've wiped before and the duplicators just kept duplicating. Duplicating would be gone. So this makes no sense.

To those who want a wipe:

Instead of sharing your hopes and dreams for what you believe a wipe will accomplish how about looking at what happened in similar scenarios or even wipes in the past? We have plenty of evidence pointing to a release wipe being a bad idea. I haven't seen any evidence to the contrary." Well yeah, ofcourse the past doesnt prove anything, because they never got rid of the root problem. As I've said before a wipe would only help if exploits like duping are gone. The past was a game that was still in EA, the future is a game in full gold release. I Expect a gold release to be exploit free.

Here's another:

"And for PvE it'll be even easier. All those players will need to do is drop a pillar with a ceiling on it to claim land. No need to even build anything else until the area they want is secure. Wiping the servers is definitely going to change one thing. Servers are going to be a hell of a lot more hostile to new players than they are now. No more welcome centers. No older players giving them free supplies or dinos. No more unlocked taming pens. Everything's going to be destroyed and the veterans will be too busy rebuilding to care. Global chat is going to be fun. :DWhy does PvE need to be carebear for the new players? I've started anew on multiple servers both PvE and PvP and I've generally never accepted welcome gifts. I trade for stuff I need on PvE or loot for it on PvP. What will new players learn when we hand them a basic starter kit? I had the most fun playing ARK the first couple months because everything was new, dangerous and exciting. If I would have had a rex a prefabbed base and metal tools at lvl 5 it would have been hell of a lot more boring.

There were several more of my own posts but it seems the post history isn't that long. You may have to read the thread after all. Sorry. 

Now that we've got that out of the way, are there any reasons that aren't selfish for wanting a wipe? As has been shown in the past most of the reasons pro-wipers give have been proven to be false. Like equal playing fields, no alphas for a time, new players having it easier without established tribes, etc. Seems the only actual reasons for a wipe are personal/selfish. Clobbered by alphas, not getting the land one wants to build on, and trying to keep up with the joneses but failing.

Equal playing fields, yes. When this game is released everyone starts from scratch. This is how its supposed to be. No advantages (except experience), no items/dinos that were obtained without working for it, no items with stats that are no longer obtainable.

Alphas is no reason for a wipe, there have always been alphas and will always be. I'm fine with that, thats how games like this works. Someone is the best and the others will try to steal its place.

The reason for a wipe is everything BUT selfish reasons, you realise we too will lose all progress right? We dont win anything by wiping. The only ones that have something to gain by wiping are WC and new players. 

Clearly the best thing for the game is leaving the own fanbase in the dark and then wiping everything the players created over the past two years shortly before release.

The release of this amazing game should be a big celebration. Not a punch into the face of the already existing fanbase followed by a massive negative ....storm.

If they wanted to wipe the servers they should have told us early enough. That would only be fair towards the players that spend thousands of hours building, breeding and surviving.

Why would they make breeding events and such still, just to wipe everything a few weeks later?

As i see it: wiping the official Servers for release is a must. Even though i lose everything i have reached in two years of early access. 

But the risk of new people that pick up the game return the game as soon as they hit the official servers is way bigger than loosing some players that have played thousands of hours already (and got there money more than worth). There is actually no other way to prevent a disaster to happen on official launch than to actually reset all servers for a full fresh launch too. 

And besides, everybody that quits over this.... in my humble opinion, is a win for everybody except the quitter. Less Server loads, more space for new people, and less risk of a frustrated long time player killing new people because they are "like sooooo mad bro".

In short: a full wipe NEEDS to happen at launch. Sure longtime player are at an advantage but at least normal player ca experience the game for a while. If WC wants to keep many of their customers or just a selected few depends if they want to keep the hardcore rules on all servers or if they add some game servers that allow for a more casually gameplay (such as prevented cave blocking, offline protection all by code).  

Hard to believe this is 45 pages long and still being discussed ( or argued however you view it). Nobody will know anything till release date and all the conversation one way or the other isn't going to change what Wildcard has in mind ( If you want prove of that look at some of the Nerfs ). So hang in there and remember to breath and we'll all find out together will they or won't they on Aug. 8th. Until then guys and girls let's just enjoy the game.

2 hours ago, Bulldogfrag said:

Hard to believe this is 45 pages long and still being discussed ( or argued however you view it). Nobody will know anything till release date and all the conversation one way or the other isn't going to change what Wildcard has in mind ( If you want prove of that look at some of the Nerfs ). So hang in there and remember to breath and we'll all find out together will they or won't they on Aug. 8th. Until then guys and girls let's just enjoy the game.

I have to agree. This thread's amusing but we're all just spinning our tires and going nowhere. Wildcard's too afraid of what the community might do if they settle the matter once and for all. It's also a little hard to enjoy the game as much as I'd like to with such a dark cloud on the horizon. I believe the wipe's going to happen and new players are going to get hosed because of it. I'm not very creative when it comes to building so all of my structures are basically boxes. Not a great loss. I'm a little attached to certain dinos because of all the adventures I had with them though. Too bad I can't just put them in a time release storage unit for early access players. "Equal playing field (haha)" in the beginning and then the animals can be downloaded a month later. Wouldn't mind carrying over the shotgun I had forever too. Her name is Betsy. :D

The people on my official server are a close and welcoming community. All they've accomplished is going to be gone too. Damn shame.

24 minutes ago, Jay89 said:

A lot of alphas don't want this wipe for one simple reason they will nearly all be targeted instantly (as a lot of them are horrible lil poops) but its there own fault that's what there afraid of karma its a bitch

Those alphas aren't afraid of being targeted or losing alpha to new or lower players. All it means is that they will have to keep killing the little guys for the first few weeks so they can't advance past a 5x5 wood house until they cement their hold again on the server as alpha. Tribes of large number will always rule over the few. Its a simple matter of math.

14 hours ago, spacejam said:

Pretty much everyone seems to be missing the main point tho. Its poopty business to release a game that already has a full blown toxic following. If you are going to take a game from alpha to full release and charge 4x the price that most alpha testers played. you need to wipe other wise the 1000's of people the will buy the game on release will just simply return the game costing WC pooploads.

I know for myself If I purchased a game that's just been launched, and log onto the first server I see. an I load into a zerg base. or I die instantly because someone has place spawn spikes everywhere I wouldn't be considering this game as a long term option to play and would likely just return it.  If this happens WC will suffer

Its got nothing to do with the felling of all the cry babies that don't want to loose their progression but everything to do with the people that pre-ordered the special edition for $150 and cant log onto any official server because they are already full of people telling fresh spawn to try a new server, this one belongs to ARB tribe.

There is a core difference in joining the game a year after its been out to actually releasing the game to the public in full. The two ideas couldn't be any different

I dont but your arguments. Which level is required to create spikes and pillars? A very low level that can be obtained in minutes. So this new wiped servers will be pillared in minutes by the same toxic people. Also if they are burnt because of the decission of wipe they will be much more aggresive with pillaring.

What has happened with ragnarok would have happened even if it no items or dinos where allowed. ¿how much time do a group of troll will need to tame a crappy flyer while their mates are creating big quantities of pillars? less than an hour, and the server is full pillared. And the worst is that by the decission on only put 4 live servers they are packing a lot of troll tribes in the same servers, instead of split them across multiple servers. This mean a single server can be full pillared in less than a day with little effort from the trolls.

The only reasonable thing to do is create new servers, isolated during the firsts months. This way you ensure only people that buy the game on release will play in servers free of those old trolls. But even in this case, WC is incentivating the buying of a second account by givin special costumes. That, in my opinion is an option that will give marginal money to WC in detriment of the whole new users community, because you are giving wing to those well known tribes that enjoy the aspect of the game of creating frustration on others.

The core difference is not joining the game after or before. I've always (except with ragnarok) joined servers with more than 5000 game days, and I had my space to construct. The core is maintaining a healty community, free of people that plays destructive instead of constructive. When I joined my center server it was full of very handy people that gave me dinos, gave me kibble, items and a lot of things. All for free to help me raise. Months later, the server is half taken by these players whose steam name is "123" and their tribe names looks like a amazon warehouse, you know, that [][][][][] tribes. Since they taken the server, help for the new players is reduced, if not inexistent, because what it was before peace and love, scalated fast to this people pillaring around old bases and that kind of reprobable things that WC allows and that are meant to force old players give up so this boxes tribes can claim their dinos. 

15 hours ago, Vrallox said:

Ah. Well then if you want the naked player and PvP version then you have to look no further then the Scorched Earth launch. Sure you could transfer characters but that was it. No equipment. Some members of the alpha tribes spent their time beating down other players while others built up their bases and created equipment while preventing others from doing so. Insuring that they'd be the alphas of the server while creating a miserable starting experience for everyone else. Great tactic for success after the release wipe.

Not the same experience I had on scorched earth, never even seen any of that or heard much about it either so couldn't have been wide spread. In fact with new maps bar ragnarock I haven't seen anything but good experiences in the starting days, except the occasional idiot straying too close and wanting to grief but they just got hog tied and filled with a good 1000 cloth hats. 

18 hours ago, YUSHOETMI said:

Quite wrong tho. The problem with ragnarock wasn't the alphas blanketing the map with pillars, (well it was but go with me here), the problem was the game allowed them to do that with transferring being possible. Had they not allowed transfers onto the new servers for the map then the likelyhood is players would have taken up those spots and whilst bob and his "alpha" tribe where too busy crafting endless pillars somebody would have built up and wiped them out. Alas they just transferred an obelisk or two full of pillars and took over a map. 

If a wipe occurs then how are they going to do that straight away? Magically magic up some magic pillars of magic and place them around the map. Also you're talking about PvE here which is solely where that problem lays and one of the many reasons  I wish PvE had just stayed on the "suggestions" table in development. 

One of my favourite experiences in ark was when they brought out the centre. Moving to that map and starting again was incredible. The server was vibrant, wars where plenty and the community was alight. Now it's just "meh". 

Past expereicnes and knowledge of the game to me would suggest a wipe is the best way forward for the game. 

An experienced tribe can reach pillar blanketing levels within hours.

2 hours ago, arkark said:

I dont but your arguments. Which level is required to create spikes and pillars? A very low level that can be obtained in minutes. So this new wiped servers will be pillared in minutes by the same toxic people. Also if they are burnt because of the decission of wipe they will be much more aggresive with pillaring.

What has happened with ragnarok would have happened even if it no items or dinos where allowed. ¿how much time do a group of troll will need to tame a crappy flyer while their mates are creating big quantities of pillars? less than an hour, and the server is full pillared. And the worst is that by the decission on only put 4 live servers they are packing a lot of troll tribes in the same servers, instead of split them across multiple servers. This mean a single server can be full pillared in less than a day with little effort from the trolls.

The only reasonable thing to do is create new servers, isolated during the firsts months. This way you ensure only people that buy the game on release will play in servers free of those old trolls. But even in this case, WC is incentivating the buying of a second account by givin special costumes. That, in my opinion is an option that will give marginal money to WC in detriment of the whole new users community, because you are giving wing to those well known tribes that enjoy the aspect of the game of creating frustration on others.

The core difference is not joining the game after or before. I've always (except with ragnarok) joined servers with more than 5000 game days, and I had my space to construct. The core is maintaining a healty community, free of people that plays destructive instead of constructive. When I joined my center server it was full of very handy people that gave me dinos, gave me kibble, items and a lot of things. All for free to help me raise. Months later, the server is half taken by these players whose steam name is "123" and their tribe names looks like a amazon warehouse, you know, that [][][][][] tribes. Since they taken the server, help for the new players is reduced, if not inexistent, because what it was before peace and love, scalated fast to this people pillaring around old bases and that kind of reprobable things that WC allows and that are meant to force old players give up so this boxes tribes can claim their dinos. 

Yep, if WC *really* wanted to protect noobs from the worst of the griefing they would region lock the game.  But they said that isn't happening for some reason.  Probably a money related reason.  So the newbies on release will have to deal with that.  Hopefully they enter a good server with a good community already.  If it is a wiped server then... well good luck to them haha.

7 hours ago, Arrclyde said:

As i see it: wiping the official Servers for release is a must. Even though i lose everything i have reached in two years of early access. 

But the risk of new people that pick up the game return the game as soon as they hit the official servers is way bigger than loosing some players that have played thousands of hours already (and got there money more than worth). There is actually no other way to prevent a disaster to happen on official launch than to actually reset all servers for a full fresh launch too. 

And besides, everybody that quits over this.... in my humble opinion, is a win for everybody except the quitter. Less Server loads, more space for new people, and less risk of a frustrated long time player killing new people because they are "like sooooo mad bro".

In short: a full wipe NEEDS to happen at launch. Sure longtime player are at an advantage but at least normal player ca experience the game for a while. If WC wants to keep many of their customers or just a selected few depends if they want to keep the hardcore rules on all servers or if they add some game servers that allow for a more casually gameplay (such as prevented cave blocking, offline protection all by code).  

Lol, people aren't returning the game now in droves, what makes you think it would be any different after release?  They are more likely to be returning the game on release if the maps are wiped and the alphas are all there ganking everybody 24/7 for weeks on every server until they have finished building and have cemented their position back as alpha.

8 minutes ago, DeningWei said:

There's been dozens of reasons but if you need me to dig them up again I surely can do that for you.

It's really not worth it anymore because some people will continue to argue just because they can.

"Wipe The Servers Because":

1) It will eliminate all of the duped items. 

This is correct all of those items will be gone with a full wipe, unfortunately the people that are creating the dupes will start doing it all over again so we will be right back here with people screaming we need another server wipe in about a month making this an invalid reason for wanting a server wipe i.e.; IT WON'T SOLVE THE PROBLEM

2) It will make everyone equal.

No it won't because those that do stay will have the advantage over brand new players with just their experience and knowledge alone and by taking everything away from all of those players you now run the risk of them taking their frustrations out on all of the brand new players they encounter making this an invalid reason for wanting a server wipe i.e.; IT WON'T SOLVE THE PROBLEM

3) It will free up the maps and give new players a place to build.

For starters WC has already said they will be releasing new servers on release of the game making this whole arguement a moot point. Now let's say for whatever reason they can't release those new servers... it still won't solve the problem because once again as explained above the players with experience that do stay already know where to build and where to pillar and as also stated above you run the risk of them being anything but friendly to those brand new players because in essence it would be their fault that the older players lost everything making this an invalid reason for wanting a server wipe i.e.; IT WON'T SOLVE THE PROBLEM

Now I know that there are some here that are going to continue to argue just because they can. There are also some that are going to try and resort to name calling and insults because they can't think of a valid counter-arguement and to be perfectly honest I really don't care. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and after looking at the downward spiral this thread has taken I can't help but wonder if it isn't time to stick a fork in it and just wait to see what happens.

3 hours ago, arkark said:

I think you are giving the trolls/alphas to much credit.  at launch everybody will start at level 1, back to pure basics. Its simply not possible for a group of people to pillar of the hole map in a few days. Especially when there is going to be other people fighting for the same area.  

4 minutes ago, spacejam said:

I think you are giving the trolls/alphas to much credit.  at launch everybody will start at level 1, back to pure basics. Its simply not possible for a group of people to pillar of the hole map in a few days. Especially when there is going to be other people fighting for the same area.  

Exactly everyone will be on equal footing so GL to those on a full server trying to pillar it on foot

9 hours ago, Jabroni said:

Clearly the best thing for the game is leaving the own fanbase in the dark and then wiping everything the players created over the past two years shortly before release.

The release of this amazing game should be a big celebration. Not a punch into the face of the already existing fanbase followed by a massive negative ....storm.

If they wanted to wipe the servers they should have told us early enough. That would only be fair towards the players that spend thousands of hours building, breeding and surviving.

Why would they make breeding events and such still, just to wipe everything a few weeks later?

Testing.

Think, man, think.

Breeding events when they started, and 2x, they required the server to shut down and restart. And shut down and restart to go back to previous rates. Slowly, over time, the devs got better at it.

Now, they announce it, and it happens. It has been setup to not interrupt normal gameplay starting or turning off accelerated rates of xp, maturation time, or resource gathering.

Nothing you do gets interrupted by the server shutting down to change rates.

Servers cost money to run. And yes, it may be covered by players buying the game.

But what if, upon official release, a new feature is released?

"Greetings Ark players, try out our new game, yes we have a toxic base from over two years of Early Access, but guess what? We wiped all servers and now they are equal to you! Also, here is a new feature just for you! For 9.99 you can upgrade your play to get 3X rates for two weeks just for you! Gain experience at three times the rate, collect resources at three times the rate, become alpha of your server three times faster! Get the edge to beat those guys who have more practice and experience than you!"

Or maybe they have a special deal for a week of accelerated rates on an entire server.

Imagine, imagine the nastiness and raiding then.

Whole servers assaulted and taken over simply because of increased rates for a week or two.

People server hopping non stop to pick up a rock on the beach and see if they get two, or six.

You think cross server raiding is bad now.

And yes, I know the big tribes would use this non stop on their servers.

But, raiding is all about stealing and killing others stuff. And a mega finding out server aabb had increased rates for a month would wipe it and farm there till it was over.

A three for one special. Loot, and an additional high rate farming server and PVP.

Please tell me I am not the only one that sees this.

• GP locked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 unlocked this topic

Archived