PC & Xbox: Single Player & Dino Spawning

Jatheish

• Administrator

Please only provide information if you're currently playing on PC / Xbox in Single Player or on Non - Dedicated Servers

Hey guys!

As of the latest update, we've made some additional changes to creature spawns in Single Player, most importantly: Cave Spawns, Giganotosaurus, and the Titanosaur. 

I am hoping to collect some feedback from players over the next 2 days. I'd like to know whether you run into issues where you do not see the Giga/Titan not spawning in the overworld (it'll take approximately 6 hrs, but it's possible to speed up your game with 'cheat slomo 15' which in essence will make it 15x quicker). 

Something I'm also curious about is your cave spawns, previously upon entering or exiting a cave, the creatures inside would immediately refresh. We've now made it so that cave spawns/creatures are saved on reloading and unloading the cave itself, as well as the game, and that they'll only respawn after about 4 hours of real life time. 

If anyone is experiencing any problems with spawns in single player, please let us know whether you're using mods, whether you've tried to wipe wild dinos using the admin command: cheat destroywilddinos and as much specifics about the problem you can provide, for example -> an over spawn in a particular area, a lack of spawns altogether, etc.

Thank you very much! All the feedback and information is much appreciated :)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm currently unable to get wyverns to respawn in Ragnarok on PC unmodded.  This happened about 2 patches ago after clearing it with a Griffin, and neither of the singleplayer spawn fixes in the past two patches have fixed them.  Destroywilddinos has also not fixed it.  Also to note, is that when I start any fresh map, or destroywilddinos, pteras and argents are pretty much 90% of the entire map's spawns until I kill them several times over.  Also have a severe lack of certain dinos on both The Center and Ragnarok.

Since no one else can seem to read the post, I play single player and just started raiding caves. Having a problem with the entrance to the caves being blocked by rock walls. I can ghost myself in and out but can't access without cheating. Dinos have been spawning fine once inside. Not all bosses spawn or they spawn late after I'm ready to leave the cave

Im not sure if this is the feedback you want however.

I was having a problem last night on single player when there was barely any of certain types of creatures.

In particular I couldn't find a single Argentavis for about 15 minutes(Looking around all the usual mountains) Then all of a sudden there was lots of them. Also the same thing happened for Sabers. 

It seems to sort itself out eventually but it's still frustrating.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, CBMPrimate666 said:

Im not sure if this is the feedback you want however.

I was having a problem last night on single player when there was barely any of certain types of creatures.

In particular I couldn't find a single Argentavis for about 15 minutes(Looking around all the usual mountains) Then all of a sudden there was lots of them. Also the same thing happened for Sabers. 

It seems to sort itself out eventually but it's still frustrating.

Was this the first time you've played Single Player in a while? It's possible your dinos were still needing to spawn. If you type in the admin command: setcheatplayer true -- can you let me know what you see in terms of hibernated NPCs and Active NPCs?

2 minutes ago, EchoingTime said:

I am having a problem playing single player on the xbox? I'll click play the island and it'll freeze.. Been happening since last Saturday and I haven't gone on since.

What if you leave it running for a bit? I wonder if it's spawning in the creatures.

21 minutes ago, Jat said:

What if you leave it running for a bit? I wonder if it's spawning in the creatures.

So far it's been running for about 6 minutes. The loading screen isn't up yet and it's still at the play the island page? Music is the only thing playing. Now 12 minutes has passed. I will leave it running for about 20 more minutes to see if it is the creatures that is causing the delay. Though that's to long of a loading. :/ 

20 minutes ago, Jat said:

Was this the first time you've played Single Player in a while? It's possible your dinos were still needing to spawn. If you type in the admin command: setcheatplayer true -- can you let me know what you see in terms of hibernated NPCs and Active NPCs?

No I'd been playing for around 2 hours prior to this and had found Argents & Sabers an hour or so previous while doing other things and had played the same singleplayer the day before.  I will try what you suggest next time it happens.

It did eventually spawn in the creatures I couldn't find but it was literally not a single one of them were spawned. Other creatures which I wasn't looking for were appearing on the mountains, like Kentro's & Anky's. With the Argents it was I'd say about 15-20 minutes where I couldn't find a single one and was just about to spawn some in manually when I found some. It was similar with the sabers but around 10-15 minutes without finding any. 

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, danlillis said:

i've seen the giga on the giga mount by the coast to carnivore island... and i also seen titano at green oblisk roam around so both are spawning for me and cave spawns are working idk what else u mean by cave spawns?

Just creatures spawning in caves, thanks for the feedback! :)

18 minutes ago, EchoingTime said:

So far it's been running for about 6 minutes. The loading screen isn't up yet and it's still at the play the island page? Music is the only thing playing. Now 12 minutes has passed. I will leave it running for about 20 more minutes to see if it is the creatures that is causing the delay. Though that's to long of a loading. :/ 

Hmm, that is quite a while. Are you running the base game or is this Primitive+? 

1 minute ago, cusko said:

We need spinosaurus sail. But on Regnorak map I can't seem to find any spino! And you can't transfer that from another map. Fix spino spawns on new map pls. Can you also boost speed from Quetzel a bit. They go to slow now! To get somewhere with a Quetzel on new map takes days! 

I too have not noticed spinos on the ragnarok map. I didn't realize it till you said it and I was like huh, I haven't seen any either

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Jay89 said:

I noticed when I played single player (Xbox) that I have never ever seen a giga or titanosaur. It had been running for a lot longer than the 6 hours too

I have never changed any of the values either except weight, harvesting and breeding every other slider is normal

What happens if you clear wild dinos with the command:

cheat destroywilddinos

9 minutes ago, cusko said:

We need spinosaurus sail. But on Regnorak map I can't seem to find any spino! And you can't transfer that from another map. Fix spino spawns on new map pls. Can you also boost speed from Quetzel a bit. They go to slow now! To get somewhere with a Quetzel on new map takes days! 

6 minutes ago, Szat74 said:

I too have not noticed spinos on the ragnarok map. I didn't realize it till you said it and I was like huh, I haven't seen any either

I'll let them know, right now I am more so looking into spawning mechanics for the base game :)

12 minutes ago, Szat74 said:

Jat I don't know if this is the right place to post this but in single player pc ever since the v261 patch, if I search an engram to learn, it won't allow me. I have to scroll down on the entire list to find it and then it'll allow me to learn it. It's not game breaking but it is annoying.

Yup, we're looking into it!

By the way, for the most part I'll be removing posts in this thread that aren't related to the OP. Feel free to make another thread if you've got something you'd like to discuss ;)

-Xbox Titian and Giga spawing are working fine for me. I constantly have atleast one Titan and two Gigas on the Island. For the Center it's usually about two Titians and 3 Gigas.

For the the caves on the Island I barely have any spawing....like maybe a whole cave with two bats and a scorpion. On the Center it's the opposite. My game will drop to 2fps because there are so many spwans they are spawing on top of each other. Haven't played Scorched Earth in forever so I couldn't tell you too much about those caves. When I was they were about the same as the Island.

So was that actually 6 hours we have to wait in real life time or game time?  I'm assuming game time. I play on sp pc windows 7. Spino spawns have always been very rare if any. Also I don't know if tgis is just me but I've played a few maps and 1 thing I've always noticed about the island is the dino levels are almost always in the 20s. It's really rare to come across high level dinos. But I've noticed it's just on the island. I have my max level set to 210 wild dinos but very rarely do I come across anything out of the pre hundreds on the island. Not so much on other maps. There there just thought I'd bring it up

• Jatheish unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Archived