State of the ARK - Updates

Jatheish

We knew that would happen with this update. Their last fix made our base run well for the first time in forever. This update took us back to 30-40 seconds per log in before getting booted. Nice things are nice to look at only if you can be logged in to look at them. Come on guys....this game is no where near ready for launch. People will be asking for their money back left and right. Is anyone pretending that this stuff will get better on launch day? 

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that patch for xbox did not last. After the update last night now our player dedicated keeps crashing to dashboard and other maps load fine but not the island we are on after losing progress 3 times already.  So the "fix" did not fix anything as the only resolution is to switch maps or wipe the current one. Please tell me you have a fix ready or do you not know it's still crashing to dashboard? 

For kicks I tried logging back in. My record is about 3 minutes. I have excellent internet and play other games with ease. Yes, we have a large base... something we should be able to do given the requirements of PVP. 3 minutes in and I drop at best- I dare not step outside our base. I'd have to count anything I took outside as gone. I appreciate that it's an alpha but it's almost their release date (hahahaha like it's actually getting released on that date, I slay myself). How is it that the game is this busted so close to their "release date"?

On ‎6‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 1:59 PM, GP said:

No-one has the answer to #1 because the Devs haven't said anything at all. And if there is a wipe then i'd be surprised if anything can be stored in the "ob-cloud" as that defeats the purpose of a wipe.

I think development of this game would have been easier if they did go with wipes, expecially during early access. Seasons or something with more xp  and faster taming etc.. Lower rates upon official release.. By then right balance shoulda been figured out.  WOuld have allowed a reset every season so major tweaks could be made. We saw what issues it caused in prim+ when Ced replaced some things... Makes me assume if community wouldn't cry as much about a wipe they'd really have had an easier time developing this game and maps the best they could possibly be.. Ofcourse i'm no game design leader or anything but yeah, i do think it could have helped development of the game.

On 7/7/2017 at 5:53 PM, SnowCloud said:

Its funny how Jeremy just made an announcement of how the pc an xbox have another update in cert. Yet PS4 is left in the dark. I am about ready to uninstall the game and call it a loss on the $220.00 that my family spent on making sure we all could play this game on the 4 system we have. Tired of Jeremy clearly being unprofessional and saying how you all favor the Xbox of playstation. If that was the case why the hell did you even proceed to put it on the PS4 console if you wasn't going to show the same professional response to that system also. If things don't change i will make sure if others ask me what i think of the game. I will give my honest opinion and say that i wouldn't buy it for any of the systems that you all have because of the unprofessional behavior of Jeremy at E3 and his statement of how they favor the xbox.  I love this game but you all need to getting things in cert for the PS4 and not copy paste the fixes for the xbox it is two different console all together. Now it am not going to be able to enjoy the new content of Ragnarok because of all the delays for i have to report back to word at the school district i work for. god i feel that i have wasted so much money on this game now and its not even released yet.

PC has always been the first deployment platform. Xbox came after and as such, lagged behind in terms of getting up to date patches because of that - it usually worked out OK though because the majority of bugs in the PC patch would be ironed out by the time it came to Xbox patch day. This is the situation you find yourself in with PS4, although they've been attempting to get console patches aligned lately. I know it probably won't feel like it, but it's actually a good thing you don't have the current patch! There are stability issues with the Xbox version so look at it this way - at least you're able to play the game (although if that blue screen issue still plagues the PS4, perhaps you're not!). Xbox dedicated Island servers are crashing etc.

You also mention yourself that they are 2 different consoles - so there is probably work to be done with a team on porting the code to the PS4. There's no point in porting a code base that has a problem, so it just makes sense to wait even if that is frustrating for the gamers.

On 6-7-2017 at 6:37 AM, jebjeb said:

Jat i'm not sure if you'll see this but I feel like we as a community deserve to know. duping has become a huge issue and as of now I see no real outcome other than to wipe official servers on release. the thing is these dupers are making thousands of dollars a day through paypal and if you are going to wipe the servers I feel it would be best to let everyone know so these people stop making a living off ruining this game and breaking the terms of service. thanks 

you obv have no idea what a whipe will do to the community that plays for a while ;)

On 7/6/2017 at 3:32 AM, Azerlin said:

Did you not read what Jat posted?

You are basicly new. Again. I been playing since launce. Dont care about words. Want actions. Seen the really good ups and really bad downs. This is by far the worst ever past few updates because they were trying to impress us all before they took off and left us all high and dry for the holiday weekend.  Heres your update. And here is your bugs. We will talk to you whenever..... Basicly. Happy 4th. 

1 hour ago, xRAGINGxIRISHx said:

You are basicly new. Again. I been playing since launce. Dont care about words. Want actions. Seen the really good ups and really bad downs. This is by far the worst ever past few updates because they were trying to impress us all before they took off and left us all high and dry for the holiday weekend.  Heres your update. And here is your bugs. We will talk to you whenever..... Basicly. Happy 4th. 

What are you talking about? The last few updates were the worst you are saying? I am sorry buddy, but I disagree with you %100. Best updates by far. Each patch brings new fixes and additions. Things will get worked out. If you like the game, you will continue playing and being a fan. If not there is the exit button. 

As a member of a large tribe controlling multiple servers, the duping has ruined the game.  A wipe is needed and those that say I have 1000s of hours into my base or I have mutations that I will lose, I am sorry, but it is needed.  I also have all of those things, but there is no way this game can continue on the path it is headed.  A wipe and correction of the duping glitches is needed and those responsible should be banned.  We like to blame Wildcard for everything that happens.  We call them greedy.  A lot of the community is no different.  Instead of reporting bugs to be corrected (early access), they get greedy and use to their advantage and even sell their duped items.  A majority of the community will stay if the servers are wiped.  Many will cheer and many will groan (just like the flyer nerf).  It is needed, though. 

• Administrator

Hey guys,

We've still got some issues to work through so we won't be getting out a Xbox or PS4 patch on the 12th. Our aim is the next possible day of course, but once I know we've submitted it I'll let you know. It should definitely happen this week.

We should however be getting a PC update out, hopefully in the next 12 hours. This will contain a number of bug fixes, similarly to the last few major versions. We'll post patch notes closer to the time.

• Administrator

I understand your frustrations, but we want the patch to be as good as it can be. With an extra 12 hrs or a day, we can make a big difference. The patches should definitely hit this week though (as is our plan), and most likely will be submitted tomorrow (but I'll update the ETA once I am positive). 

4 minutes ago, Jat said:

I understand your frustrations, but we want the patch to be as good as it can be. With an extra 12 hrs or a day, we can make a big difference. The patches should definitely hit this week though (as is our plan), and most likely will be submitted tomorrow (but I'll update the ETA once I am positive). 

Are you basically putting all pc content through 262 in the patch? If so, it's worth it....

28 minutes ago, Jat said:

Btw, thanks for the update....it helps tremendously to be kept informed....

All these negative vibes. Yes its frustration, Yes it seems like empty promise but for GS build a bridge and get the raptor over it!

first world problems? really? put the controller or computer down and go outside, get some fresh air, go to the gym to  blow off steam or something that's going to give you a couple of hours away from the game!

you have to accept the advice on the start screen given on load up and deal with it. yeah it sucks to loose stuff but honestly look at it this way, did you actually use every single dino or item you use? that 1 of 6 gigas you have, did you actually use it that often? did you actually use 2 ascended rods at the same time? did that wolf which has been sat in the same corner of your base gathering dust ever really get used?

I think you can count on 2 hands the amount of useful dino's and there aren't many.

so chill out, let the Devs fix the game and be grateful they haven't just abandoned it all together!

P.S @GP night time on the island is now showing a white sky at night, ;) the update prior to the one recently released was the smoothest one we have had in a while :) 

47 minutes ago, X111 said:

I think you can count on 2 hands the amount of useful dino's and there aren't many.

I agree 100% with the sentiment of your post, but this part is still unfortunately very true.

Not sure if it can actually be addressed properly in the TLC pass because it's just a fact that certain dino's are of little use to people in some situations (other than possibly sitting idle in a kibble farm). I suppose it is the same in reality in a way, I mean we humans only use certain animals for particular tasks/roles and the rest of the thousands of creatures we leave alone. Hopefully though there will be improvements, especially for the dino's released early on like the stego.

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived