Anyone else get bored at a certain point?

Jay89

I've never been a full on alpha but I've been on official PvP for 6 months straight and had pretty much everything you ever need but I just got bored I couldn't be assed doing boss fights for a tiny bit of element/tek stuff because its jus not worth it really to run. Which means I cannot think of anything left to do except PvP which means going to the effort of grinding out equipment to attack which is also boring and never worth it either.

So I really don't get what else there is to do is there something I'm missing which can be done I just don't get how people can play 2 years + doing the same thing day in day out.

Is there anyone else thats like this?

I think it is pretty normal. Take a break, try other games, and either you will come back as refilld with new energy or you will just finish with this game. 

I think 6 months constant playing with a game is a very good price/entertainment ratio. 

BTW: Im playing since last december and just having the same symptoms. So I told my tribemates they will see me less frequently in the next few days, what may result in quitting. Meanwhile I've just completed the Space Hulk: Deathwing game, and it refreshed me... couple more games, I might get back to Ark :D

. If you need a break then take one, you may or may not come back. I began playing about a month after they initially released the EA, took a break of maybe 6-12 months at some point, came back to playing last fall.

The game is a sandbox. It is very self driven, and people undertake projects to keep them occupied. Build a big building. Or a village of buildings with different purposes (not ugly boxes). Or undertake breeding some of your favorite species. (I am breeding Equus, Dimorphs,and Allos right now for stats and colors. It's a lot of work, but I like it. If I need a break I fly around and look for new tames while farming drops.) Tame one of every species and start a zoo, lol. 

Games cycle as @szabiferi said. I come and go to 7 Days to Die since its release on console. Time away can be very good for a player. Try creating a personal PVP server and upping the dino difficulty for an added challenge. Or if there are areas you haven't explored because you felt they were a waste. Explore them in a personal game just so you can see if they are worth it or not. 

I haven't gotten that bored bug yet. Some of the things I need to do for upkeep can get tedious but I've always loved dinosaurs and survival games. I am a pretty established trader on my server and I like that aspect. There are still a lot of dino's I haven't tamed and I love the hunt. There are still a lot of area's I haven't explored and I still am working towards harder boss fights and eventually the tek cave. 

It really depends what you look to get out of this game but for me I haven't gotten bored yet. My next goal. Taming a 135 or higher Squid. Got the pearls and turtles needed with the 2x event this weekend so may finally go for that. 

The planning and prep part is one of the most exciting aspects to me I guess. 

• Volunteer Moderator

I have taken several breaks in the last 2 years. I'm on a partial break right now due to a non commitment on devs part about what they are doing with servers on release. But that's for another thread. So I'm using my time to experiment in single player. Trying prim plus, non tame servers, extinction. Dabbling with map making. Just seeing what else is out there. Im also waiting for offline raid protection for consoles which is coming.

Really about 3-4 months I play then a break is about what I've noticed the break can be a week or couple months. It would be nice to have extinction servers that wipe quarterly. 

But yeah everyone I know is on a break right Of sorts right now. It's also summer so I'd rather enjoy fishing hiking camping while it's nice out. Can't justify sitting in front of a tv and working when it's beautiful out. That's what the winters are for lol.

Raid people do PVP. That's what I do when I'm bored. I'll just go on a server with a some buddies and smash up some bases, kill a bunch of people and their dinos. Cause some grief and chaos. Its good fun and its a good way to keep your PVP skills trained. There is no point having thousands of C4 sitting in vaults, you might as well use it. 

This game doesn't provide interesting gameplay. When you built, tamed or bred what you wanted there is nothing else to do that has deeper sense. Boss fights are not worth your effort nor your grinding, because bosses are unfair. Imprinting and breeding encourage bad sleeping habits if you want to stay alive on PVP server. Dinosaurs are souless cars with dino skin on it and they are not behave like animal whatsoever, so I couldn't care less about whatever Dinosaur they had been adding last 6 months.

Nowadays EA developers are "so creative" sth like: "let's make an open world game...  Add obligatory crafting so people will have something to do at least, add multiplayer so players interaction will fullfil lack of interesting gameplay mechanics... Oh! Let's add dinosaurs! There. We have such unique game!" That is almost every early access sandbox game.

1 hour ago, szabiferi said:

I think it is pretty normal. Take a break, try other games, and either you will come back as refilld with new energy or you will just finish with this game. 

I think 6 months constant playing with a game is a very good price/entertainment ratio. 

BTW: Im playing since last december and just having the same symptoms. So I told my tribemates they will see me less frequently in the next few days, what may result in quitting. Meanwhile I've just completed the Space Hulk: Deathwing game, and it refreshed me... couple more games, I might get back to Ark :D

To OP and @szabiferi, if you want a fun game and a challenge try the dark souls series, I recommend starting with dark souls 1

I just play single player only now less hassle no wipes, i just used admin commands to build a great base on the centre and now i just explore from that location and do some of the cave runs. My only interaction is with my DoDos keeping them fed and laying eggs. But at least i can take a break without all my stuff getting wiped unlike official servers that force you to log in regular to keep your timers active.

I'm not into the game for that long but I'm not bored yet and I won't see myself getting bored in the near future. I'm not really into PVP but I do have an online PVE game but besides that I also play offline, I build a lot, trying to think of my own goals in the game, taming (almost) everything, finding the explorer notes and things like that, I also want to look into breeding in the future but for now I still have enough to do but yeah, maybe when I play this game for 2 years I will get bored too. 

But I assume you have other games you like to play? Just play those for a while and come back when you start to miss Ark :)

Archived