Raw Meat Vs Cooked Meat on Rex

Elsos

5 hours ago, Elsos said:

So i just noticed today that Cooked meat gives 8 Hp back to my Adolescent rexes yet raw meat only gives 5 hp and same goes for adult rexes.

Also something else i noticed is that if you are not riding your rex and you froce feed it the hp wont go up, you will need to force feed while riding it.

Force feeding still works off the mount, but it just doesn't seem to update. It also does it for leveling up HP. It does still heal the mount.

12 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

Because raw meat weights so much and is hard to come by so a difference in 80 meat is lethal.

I mean once you get an Industrial Grill, it really isn't tough at all to cook mass amounts of meat. I probably wouldn't do it for general play, but if I knew I was going to be fighting it's honestly not an awful idea

7 minutes ago, PuffyPony said:

I mean once you get an Industrial Grill, it really isn't tough at all to cook mass amounts of meat. I probably wouldn't do it for general play, but if I knew I was going to be fighting it's honestly not an awful idea

Cooking loads of meat isn't a bad idea.  It is extremely easy to do especially if you are playing on scorched earth or ragnarok where there is virtually limitless supply of oil from oil wells.  All you have to do is go out on runs with the grills cooking away and pretty soon you have a few fridges full of cooked meat.  It lasts longer and it is better for healing most carnivores.

I never go into battle without cooked meat for my dinos to eat.  It is just a bad idea especially since you can no longer use medical brew on your dinos.  It is also a good idea to bring mass amount of cooked meat on egg runs through the scar.  The boost in hp from force feeding the meat after getting blasted by a wild wyvern will definitely make the difference between life or death.  Same goes for boss fights if your tames have enough HP to survive multiple hits from the bosses.

2 hours ago, PuffyPony said:

I'm not saying it is. I'm just saying imo even if you have grills, it's an unecessary work for a slight buff. If cooked meat would give double, triple or quadruple the health, it would be worth it.

But if we would have a more realistic mechanic, it should heal less. DInos would probably not eat raw meat.

• 11 months later...
On 6/30/2017 at 12:24 AM, Jostabeere said:

I'm not saying it is. I'm just saying imo even if you have grills, it's an unecessary work for a slight buff. If cooked meat would give double, triple or quadruple the health, it would be worth it.

But if we would have a more realistic mechanic, it should heal less. DInos would probably not eat raw meat.

if it were a more realistic mechanic we wouldn't have the 1000's of resources needed for small items.

lowest level items starting with say 10 of each resource needed then doubling for each level above that.

The perks of cooked meat are not great for adult carnivores. They are mainly good for babies so that you can sleep without worrying about all of the raw meat spoiling. If you're spamming for healing perks or just feeding rex's, then its not very time efficient to cook it and only get half of what you do when it's raw. 

Edit: never mind, didn't realize this is another thread pulled from the dead for some reason ?

Archived