Console Update: PS4 and Xbox - New ETA: Week of July 3rd

Jatheish

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2017-06-26 at 4:46 PM, Jat said:

I have some unfortunate news about the console builds for today. They had passed certification and were ready to be released, however, our QA team found a highly critical issue a short while ago which is resulting in us pulling the build from release. Apologies for the late notice on this, we weren't sure if we would have been able to pull the build in time but just received confirmation that they will not be set live. We will be working on resolving these issues and having a complete build available this coming Wednesday. I know delays suck, and it's frustrating having to wait but in this case, it allows us to get out a more stable build to you. The alternative was a hotfix tomorrow, but potentially souring your play experience over the 24 hours, which is why we decided to pull the builds instead.

So the new ETA is currently set to Thursday for both platforms. We will update you on a more specific time on the day itself. Due to this delay, we will be running another 2x evolution event this weekend, with increased breeding, maturation, and lesser mating intervals in addition to the standard bonuses to experience, taming, and harvesting.

Now its friday. Why not just say its not going to be released until the 4th and put out the evo/breeding event asap  to make up for it ?

Guest DJRone89
17 hours ago, AlorianX said:

Actually might as well delay it until the 4th where that will be delayed too?

off topic but I remember your brief spell on my center server. The server was wiped due to the saved file corruption recently.

1 hour ago, DJRone89 said:

off topic but I remember your brief spell on my center server. The server was wiped due to the saved file corruption recently.

Sad times :( i remember that one. Have gone through so many since, its the nature of xbox hosted servers though. Nothings stable or permenabt until we get cross play. I'll build a server just for ark when that happena

56 minutes ago, Mundee said:

Releasing right before breeding event? RIP those with slow download speeds. Another marvelous WILD CARD idea. Anotha One...

It's not their idea.

They want / need to get the update out before ragnarok, it was due to land on Tuesday and it's been pulled /  pushed out because of a critical issue.

Critical is not a word I'd take lightly  and could have potentially screwed up a lot of the communities hard work across all console servers.

My advice to anyone breeding this weekend is to keep an eye on this thread!

I for one have all my eggs at the last minute of incubation and ready to pop :)

The people complaining should really stop. The developers of the game are working hard to fix the issues that have arisen instead of throwing out a poopty, bugged out game with so many flaws. Would you rather wait for the better version or be impatient assholes and get the poop one now?

Try to appreciate what the developers are doing for you guys. They're doing all of this hard work for you and you're getting mad at them for a 2 day ish delay??

Thanks for keeping us updated Jen. I'm really looking forward to the release of ragnarok. <3

People seem to forget that it is a game that is still in development and that there are bugs to fix, that when an update doesn't arrive at time because of errors that are still in there that it is only a good thing that they want to fix that before it comes out. I really love to play ark, online and offline but get absolutely stressed out about an update being a week late? Nope, it is still a game and those updates WILL come. 

Isn't there a way to inform people about updates right before they are getting released? When you already know for certain that it will be in, let's say, a few hours? 

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived