Xbox 1 mods?

harrybananaz

Yes I want them on XB1, but a lot has to happen, first, it has to be built into the game GUI imho.  MS won't allow a 3rd party to upload without certification.  So WC would have to have it all in house and go through their own QandA testing to make sure a mod can work on xbox one etc or another console etc.  The easier method is why we might be seeing official mods program so that WC can make them official and have them be able to be loaded into the game similar what Primitive plus does.  WC would also need a way to make servers handle them with an interface to enable etc.  A lot would need to happen.  Personally we need a server option for Xbox or other consoles to bring us closer to PC like server options.  Without a way to get to these options, many mods won't be able to be even loaded.

In short yes, I would love, but first we need WC to change things, things need a lot of optimizations, server capabilities, as well as more work to be done to allow before mods ie, a new interface and way to handle mods.

9 minutes ago, harrybananaz said:

Does anyone else want mods on xbox 1? Do you think there will be? Comment below saying so!

I've asked this before and answered this question before. Judging by old threads The Center was not on Xb1 upon it's launch, as well as Primtive+. Both were and still are technically mods, be hopeful. But don't set high expectations, to my knowledge actual mods making it to console is still a big fat maybe.

There is also the fact that ultimately the game was meant for PC. You need to have a nice PC if you want any of the decent mods while having a playable, enjoyable experience. To be realistic, I doubt that the PS4 or XBOX will have the hardware capability, even after the optimisation phase is passed. I doubt that scorpio or the pro could either, i own a ps pro, i researched the scorpio's hardware. both new consoles have cruddy hardware tbh, because of affordability.

12 minutes ago, eESTlane said:

god damn, this again. every week a new "superhero"

tell me why xbox? no love for ps4? and you do know pc officials are just as versatile as consoles aka vanilla. 

Because Microsoft is not as stubborn as Sony and allows more freedom in modding.

As fas ar I know Sony did not allow mods for Fallout 4 (Or the vast majority of them) like Microsoft did.

Xbox will be heavily restricted if mods come out at all. And Sony will restrict it even more on PS4.

I don't like either of the consoles, but if I had to choose one, I would have a Xbox and as a dev I would rather work with Microsoft than Sony in regards of getting mods done for my game.

34 minutes ago, CriD said:

I hope when we rent servers, whenever that is, that we can say "I want that mod and this one". 

Hopefully with the Xbox play anywhere, they can have a PC host it, while the console just has access to it. 

Any tech savvy people can weigh in on if that might work?

Even though you can mod a server, you need to download the mods aswell as a player who joins the server. And if you can't download mods for whatever reason, or there are no mods, you couldn't just make a modded server on PC and play from a console on it. That's my understanding.

Just get a PC. You're lucky you're not like me, living a nomadic lifestyle so a desktop is out of the question. I'll have to pay about 1500 bucks the coming month for my laptop. While most peoples could just get a solid desktop for ARK at 600 bucks.

If I was in the same situation as you, I'd just sell my xbox 1 the games and work or whatever to buy a deal on a desktop. Good desktop are damn cheap these days and are upgradeable- unfortunately for me.

On 2017-6-5 at 0:26 AM, ShawnWolf said:

Just get a PC. You're lucky you're not like me, living a nomadic lifestyle so a desktop is out of the question. I'll have to pay about 1500 bucks the coming month for my laptop. While most peoples could just get a solid desktop for ARK at 600 bucks.

If I was in the same situation as you, I'd just sell my xbox 1 the games and work or whatever to buy a deal on a desktop. Good desktop are damn cheap these days and are upgradeable- unfortunately for me.

Or he could just play on whatever he wants and just wait for the mods to come out...

9 hours ago, Pogue1995 said:

Maybe sooner than you think there's a official mod tool programme coming out on Xbox soon called "vantage" maybe that means Microsoft are softening up to mods for games

There's still the fact of Sony. WC won't release mods for only one of the consoles because they'd want it to be equal between PS4 and Xbox. If Microsoft is Okay with it but Sony isn't, neither will be getting the mods.

1 hour ago, ShawnWolf said:

There's still the fact of Sony. WC won't release mods for only one of the consoles because they'd want it to be equal between PS4 and Xbox. If Microsoft is Okay with it but Sony isn't, neither will be getting the mods.

That makes no sense

If that was the case then xbox wouldn't have had the game months and months before PS

Things are never equal in games released on multiple platforms(Just ask EA)

2 hours ago, ShawnWolf said:

WC would prob like to keep it even but if another platform is having more success with mods on the game why would Sony sit back and let Microsoft get all the fun? They would crack aswell.

Archived