Time to Give WC some much needed love

:Jerblove:I Personally would like to give all the developers of Ark, and any modders are delaing with the Bull that is going around the forums about the nerfs and all that. I would like to personally thank you for creating a type of game never before seen in the gaming community. I would like to say again thank you for all your hard work, time, and effort you put into this game and its assets. Thank you for giving modders the push they needed to get motivated to make their mods better and for even allowing us to buy the game early access. This is a gaming experience I will treasure and put away for my children to enjoy and play. You guys and gals rock and don't take and Bull from those who don't understand your efforts MUCH LOVE TO YOU ALL :Jerblove:

I frankly doubt that they let anything written in the forums get under their skins. But I will agree that it seems a lot of the people who post on the forum's are mostly whiners and haters who are deathly scared of WC ruining their own game. People just need to chill, it's THEIR game, we are just along for the ride.

Keep at it WC. You got a lot of eyes on you still. Some of us understand the pressure you are going through, so hang in there.

To be fair, the people that voice their opinions about changes such as the flyer nerf also love the game. maybe more so than most because they give their opinion knowing they will be harassed for doing so. the devs are human too, and just as capable as any of us to make a mistake. if you think they have made a mistake, you should let them know! that's half the point of early access. to just say "yes" to anything or not give your opinion doesn't help the devs or the future of the game.

Ark is a really good and unique game, and i hope to see it become a great and finely polished game :)

here's to hoping for a flyer "buff" mk3 sooner rather than later ^_^

14 hours ago, Jeremy Stieglitz said:

Thank you very much for this encouragement, we're giving it all we got!!! :)

Cheers,
Jeremy

Praise is the last thing on my mind, when I think about:

• the dismal / non-existent support now offered by Wild Card (auto replies and auto closures)
  • the on-going never-ending excuse "It's Early Access", to avoid any responsibility.
  • the lag
  • the rubber-banding
  • the dash boarding
  • the scorched earth DC zones - yes you got your money for the paid DLC, then u abandoned it......
  • characters being lost - even though WC said it would be addressed so it doesnt happen again, it continues to happen when AWS goes down......
  • the continual game breaking bugs that are introduced
  • the disgusting "events", example: the turkey event which only seen peoples tames die......
  • the disgusting Wild Card staff who like to "seek attention" on twitter instead of posting on the official website.
  • WC posting on the forums when a massive bug is released that crashes consoles - tells players its dust in there xbox's - yes this happened - pathetic.
  • sounds which make no sense being introduced into the game.....
  • complete QA failure, even though WC allegedly hires a QA person.
  • extreme "arrogance" by Wild Card staff "twitter clowns", going completely against there own customers wishes. for example - Flyer Nerf.
  • general incompetence by Wild Card staff.
  • a complete lack of care towards the PVE player base(aka CUSTOMERS who pay u), making all changes based on PVP.
  • rather than fixing the game, we get 4 new dinos and explorer notes in every update.
  • and the list goes on....

With WC staff actually being happy with themselves with such massive problems - is mind blowing

I just wish this game would be bought by a proper publisher/developer with competent programmers, so we never have to deal with WC again. So the game can be taken to the next level where it belongs, its a great game, being run by incompetent muppets with nothing but complete arrogance.
Its laggy-rubber-banding state is also only getting worse with the current clowns who manage this game.

4 hours ago, MostSpy said:

• the dismal / non-existent support now offered by Wild Card (auto replies and auto closures) That would be because the game is in Early Access/not finished yet.
  • the on-going never-ending excuse "It's BETA", to avoid any responsibility. It's an alpha, actually, beta comes after content addition. Also, not an excuse, it's a reality. 
  • the lag Yup, sounds like a game in Alpha stage.
  • the rubber-banding Alpha stage.
  • the dash boarding See above...
  • the scorched earth DC zones - yes you got your money for the paid DLC, then u abandoned it...... The game still isn't finished, bud, be patient.
  • characters being lost - even though WC said it would be addressed so it doesnt happen again, it continues to happen when AWS goes down......
  • the disgusting "events", example: the turkey event which only seen peoples tames die...... I'm just gonna skip down here cuz that was becoming a broken record up there. But all of it applies to the same counter argument.
  • the disgusting Wild Card staff who like to "seek attention" on twitter instead of posting on the official website. I have personally witnessed Wild Card staff posting in both places. To be fair, you CAN get info out a lot faster with Twitter.
  • WC posting on the forums when a massive bug is released that crashes consoles - tells players its dust in there xbox's - yes this happened - pathetic. Hmmm...that must have been duting my hiatus, as I don't remsmber that. I'll agree that shouldn't have happened, but remind you that humans make mistakes. 
  • sounds which make no sense being introduced into the game..... So far I haven't run into too many of those, but I can't really argue sounds as I think thats more of a personal opinion type of feedback. It will change from person to person.
  • complete QA failure, even though WC allegedly hires a QA person. Okay... I'm confused.
  • extreme "arrogance" by Wild Card staff "twitter clowns", going completely against there own customers wishes. for example - Flyer Nerf. Also, failure to introduce the flyer nerf would have gone against customers wishes. You can't please everyone.
  • general incompetence by Wild Card staff. Mistakes, maybe, but I haven't seen too much incompetence. Keep in mind this is still a fairly new company, smaller than others, tackling a huge game.
  • a complete lack of care towards the PVE player base(aka CUSTOMERS who pay u), making all changes based on PVP Simply not true. I have played both, currently play pve. They don't ignore us.
  • rather than fixing the game, we get 4 new dinos and explorer notes in every update. That happens in Alpha stage...also, maybe check out the upcoming PC patch notes? :)

With WC staff actually being happy with themselves with such massive problems - is mind blowing

I just wish this game would be bought by a proper publisher/developer with competent programmers, so we never have to deal with WC again. So the game can be taken to the next level where it belongs, its a great game, being run by incompetent muppets with nothing but complete arrogance.
Its laggy-rubber-banding state is also only getting worse with the current clowns who manage this game.

I answered next to your bullet points. Oh, and also, this...

IMG_20170517_082239.jpg

Haven't been pleased with everything WC's done (some of the animal sounds, employee allocation - ie. putting Ced at the head of the sponsored mod program when Primitive Plus is in the state it's in, the dropping of some features I was looking forward to, etc), but they do deserve some thanks for the work they've put in. ARK's been great so far, and I'm sure it'll get better in the months to come. 

Love this game. Number two on my list on my list of best games of all time. Zelda botw being at the top. 

I'm very impressed with the way development has been going, the developers ignore the trolls and the jerks and don't let it stop them from molding the game. Wildcard also appear to have an understanding of what players find enjoyable in a game, and are adding and fixing content. Not because they have to, it's because these improvements are making the game great. 

On 2017-05-20 at 6:05 AM, MostSpy said:

• the dismal / non-existent support now offered by Wild Card (auto replies and auto closures)
  • the on-going never-ending excuse "It's Early Access", to avoid any responsibility.
  • the lag
  • the rubber-banding
  • the dash boarding
  • the scorched earth DC zones - yes you got your money for the paid DLC, then u abandoned it......
  • the disgusting "events", example: the turkey event which only seen peoples tames die......
  • the disgusting Wild Card staff who like to "seek attention" on twitter instead of posting on the official website.
  • WC posting on the forums when a massive bug is released that crashes consoles - tells players its dust in there xbox's - yes this happened - pathetic.
  • sounds which make no sense being introduced into the game.....
  • complete QA failure, even though WC allegedly hires a QA person.
  • extreme "arrogance" by Wild Card staff "twitter clowns", going completely against there own customers wishes. for example - Flyer Nerf.
  • general incompetence by Wild Card staff.
  • a complete lack of care towards the PVE player base(aka CUSTOMERS who pay u), making all changes based on PVP.
  • rather than fixing the game, we get 4 new dinos and explorer notes in every update.

Pretty much spot on. To that i would add using the 20 person's opinions who's in line with theirs on the forum and posing them as being a majority to justify themselves. Best they deserve is being spit on.

9 hours ago, Naerah(Qc) said:

Pretty much spot on. To that i would add using the 20 person's opinions who's in line with theirs on the forum and posing them as being a majority to justify themselves. Best they deserve is being spit on.

It's really tough to gauge the exact percentage of people who are for this and who are against it. The forums, for example, only cover a small percentage of the total number of players over all three platforms.

Checking player count on a server doesnt necessarily work either. My server still has the exact same number of average daily players as it did before the nerf, and all of the larger tribes are still around. But, this doesnt account for the number of people who may have quit and been replaced just as quickly by new players.

I know there is a download count for the Classic Flyer mod on steam, but I don't think thats an accurate gauge of opinion either. (I've heard that on joining an unofficial on PC, you have to download the mods that are running on said server.) If thats true, and I were a PC player who wanted to play on an unofficial that happened to have the flyer mod, I would be downloading it regardless of how I felt about it. (I should mention that this is theoretical on my part, I only have information I have gleaned from this forum about PC mods.) 

An optional in game poll might be better, something that you get prompted for in the start menu.

Anyways, point being, I don't think it's just 20 peoples opinion they are basing this off of. Besides, I thought The Right Hand said they (the devs) based this decision off of how THEY felt flyers should work, not what a majority of players felt.

Let's maybe try to leave any further discussion of the nerf out of this thread though, it's in a lot of others already.

31 minutes ago, Bigskybear said:

It's really tough to gauge the exact percentage of people who are for this and who are against it. The forums, for example, only cover a small percentage of the total number of players over all three platforms.

Checking player count on a server doesnt necessarily work either. My server still has the exact same number of average daily players as it did before the nerf, and all of the larger tribes are still around. But, this doesnt account for the number of people who may have quit and been replaced just as quickly by new players.

I know there is a download count for the Classic Flyer mod on steam, but I don't think thats an accurate gauge of opinion either. (I've heard that on joining an unofficial on PC, you have to download the mods that are running on said server.) If thats true, and I were a PC player who wanted to play on an unofficial that happened to have the flyer mod, I would be downloading it regardless of how I felt about it. (I should mention that this is theoretical on my part, I only have information I have gleaned from this forum about PC mods.) 

An optional in game poll might be better, something that you get prompted for in the start menu.

Anyways, point being, I don't think it's just 20 peoples opinion they are basing this off of. Besides, I thought The Right Hand said they (the devs) based this decision off of how THEY felt flyers should work, not what a majority of players felt.

Let's maybe try to leave any further discussion of the nerf out of this thread though, it's in a lot of others already.

I am not sure of how many regular forum users there are compared to the user base but it may be irrelevant. Why do you think that the percentage of people on the forums would not be a statisctically valid respresentation of the user base? I'd love to see something that compared the forum user base with the gamer base. That way you could see if it was over/under represented in certain areas. 

This is a thank you to the devs who do actually have the GAMES best interest in mind not YOURS. Start a flyer nerf thread again if you want to whine about it.

@Jat @Jen 

I love this game and all that was added i may hate my nerf to wyverns but i believe that it is a stepping stone that needed it. Thank you for not being afraid to make something new and interesting like this gamegame. Also thank you for the lack of limits i enjoy the diplomatic pvp as well.

28 minutes ago, GavinChester said:

I am not sure of how many regular forum users there are compared to the user base but it may be irrelevant. Why do you think that the percentage of people on the forums would not be a statisctically valid respresentation of the user base? I'd love to see something that compared the forum user base with the gamer base. That way you could see if it was over/under represented in certain areas. 

Previous experience with game forums, mainly. In my experience, while a large number may at least visit a games forum, its really only a fraction of the player base that builds an account and joins the discussion.

For example, lets take JUST the Steam chart for a daily player average. What is it, around 50k? 

Now imagine roughly half of that actively and frequently commented on the forum. JUST from PC side.

Now add XB1 and PS4.

I just don't think there are that many active users on this site. Granted, not a lot of hard evidence, but that's my feeling.

11 minutes ago, Bigskybear said:

Previous experience with game forums, mainly. In my experience, while a large number may at least visit a games forum, its really only a fraction of the player base that builds an account and joins the discussion.

For example, lets take JUST the Steam chart for a daily player average. What is it, around 50k? 

Now imagine roughly half of that actively and frequently commented on the forum. JUST from PC side.

Now add XB1 and PS4.

I just don't think there are that many active users on this site. Granted, not a lot of hard evidence, but that's my feeling.

And therein lies the problem. The Anti-Nerfers say just look at all the feedback on this website, negative complaints are 10 times more than the pro-nerf posts. Then, the pro-nerf say 'with no evidence to back them up' that you are just a small group and don't reflect the  community. Hypothetically say that regular forum users are 0.05% of the total user base, why couldn't that that 0.05 be a statisically valid sample, taking into account game type, maps, demographics, geography, etc, etc. I'd love to see some hard data and someone crunch the numbers. Otherwise this is all left to "that's my feeling." for right or for wrong.

Archived