flyer nerf

Stopsions13

8 hours ago, Beuglord said:

Of course there's plenty of other ways but you clearly haven't played the game much if you think there is now a faster way, there isn't a land alternative that's really viable at all. They didn't need to touch the speed on the Quetzal specifically, maybe they could have decreased speed increments so it couldn't be capped out at such ridiculous levels I would have been fine with that.

if you have a land alternative or a way that's even slightly as efficient I'm all ears, and please don't say a dino train...

Yes I would still like speed to be customizable, starting at maybe the current 135% base on the Ptera and going up by 1% each level, could work for all birds on this basis I guess.

but what if the devs think that 135 is the max a ptera should fly? that means if you want customisation for the speed your starting speed should be lower than that. if its 1% per lvl than it will be starting off at 64%

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

yeah, exactly. and i think atm the ptera is really fast. not gamebreaking fast but beastly fast as you described it. and i think the ptera is the only flier that should be fast. the rest isnt build to be fast at all. maybe the pela and tape can be reasonably fast but not as fast as the ptera :) 

"Beastly fast?" Are you one of those people that drive the speed limit in the fast lane?  ;)

Petra is acceptable although stam sucks. (Fly, land, fly, land, fly land.)

Argy is barely acceptable.

Quetz should be shot on sight.

11 minutes ago, CaveNoob said:

"Beastly fast?" Are you one of those people that drive the speed limit in the fast lane?  ;)

Petra is acceptable although stam sucks. (Fly, land, fly, land, fly land.)

Argy is barely acceptable.

Quetz should be shot on sight.

i can fly cross map on my ptera and have to land only once, so that statement is heavily inflated. they are also still really fast.

Argy isnt meant to be fast, they are build for damage/hp and weight, not speed. expecting them to be fast would be the same as expecting a ptera to do alot of damage, oh wait... :^)

Quetzal is the 'slow hauler of the many resources' and does just that, hes slow but with insane weight AND a platform saddle allowing them to cut weight of certain resources by another 80%

4 hours ago, rawsh said:

still hate it with a passion, its slowly killing off pve servers and i cant blame the people cause many who were waiting for mk3 like me, realize they have been lied to again,

That's true we all hate it on PVE takes far too long to get about the island. And you cant use land dinos as my map has a lot of tribes with a lot of areas with bases so you can't go for A to B without a big detour. Which leads to an even greater time sink. Would have been nice if they had left them alone on PVE.

9 hours ago, rawsh said:

still hate it with a passion, its slowly killing off pve servers and i cant blame the people cause many who were waiting for mk3 like me, realize they have been lied to again,

I have been given so many wyverns from allys quitting I quit charging for them lol. I'm a regifter now lol. Sucks they quit because of the new idiots joining server taking their place.  But then again never more than 30 on server now at a time lol. Maybe another nerf and I'll be only one left lol. Awesome thought wc would be paying to host my very own server lmao 

On 5/18/2017 at 11:13 AM, LEDminer said:

Just because they aren't fighter jets like back before doesn't mean they suck.

Even after the nerf, ptera remains as one of the fastest flyer to travel with. Just because your million weight quetz isn't travelling faster than the  speed of sound doesn't mean they all suck.

1. Aim quetzal at mtn

2. Start flying 

3. Pull up chatbox

4. Leave room to get snacks

5. Return 5 min later and almost made it but still 1 min left. 

6. Repeat on trip home 

Lol

On 5/15/2017 at 3:11 AM, SergioF1 said:

I tamed a Pteranodon yesterday on Official Server, Level 59. 200 of stamina (10/15 seconds flying, or do a barrel roll or one grab). 
140KG of weight, so can't farm anything. it is LV59, so it is not low level, I don't have so much time but I like official. 
Now I can't go to my base, that is near the beach, and go to another islands.
I don't think pteranodons was so useless.

Sorry to say but level 59 is low level. My rule of thumb is 199+ is high level, 148-198 is mid-level, and anything 147 or lower is low level.

As far as the nerf goes, I enjoy it. My base security tripled overnight lol. But otherwise the speeds feel about right, maybe a little more stam on Quetzals and Wyverns though. Finally large scale raids aren't simply a super laggy Ptera-Wyvern-Quetzal pick fest with the ultimate quest of 'kill the unpickable fast flying never landing 50k health war quetzals' which is no short task with an active defense. Now they're just unpickable and 30k health so they are a lot easier to combat.

The real nerf was getting rid of the Quetzal honk. May it rest in peace.

1 minute ago, LEDminer said:

Still better than this: 

1. Aim quetzal at mountain

2. Start flying

3. Start complaining to self how slowly you move

4. Cry on forums how you don't have the time to fly for 6 extra minutes

5. Quit game because you realize devs will never revert the nerfs

I don't use fliers bruh. They suck. Nerf ran off most of server that I knew. That's why I'm upset 

I think the biggest issue with the flying nerf is simply the fact, that the community got used to the status quo.

Pteranodons were never intended to be anything else but fast traveling mounts.

Argentavis are earlygame cargohaulers. Slow but steady, not for travelling, but for bringing raw goods from A to B.

Quetz - well... lategame Argies.

And what did we do?

Breed pteras and pump dmg. Breed argies and apply speed.

And ALWAYS keep the shift button pressed when flying, ofc. So somehow every bird could be used outside it's originally intended parameters.

And that WC simply stopped. The Studio simply put everything back into place.

The same goes for Wyvern. People are annoyed that they can't spam rightclick anymore, completely ignoring the fact that SPRINTING and SPECIAL attacks where never intended to be used frequently.

Birds stay airborn (imho) for almost exactly as long as before the nerf if only you stop hitting that sprint button.

31 minutes ago, dentrue said:

I think the biggest issue with the flying nerf is simply the fact, that the community got used to the status quo.

Pteranodons were never intended to be anything else but fast traveling mounts.

Argentavis are earlygame cargohaulers. Slow but steady, not for travelling, but for bringing raw goods from A to B.

Quetz - well... lategame Argies.

And what did we do?

Breed pteras and pump dmg. Breed argies and apply speed.

And ALWAYS keep the shift button pressed when flying, ofc. So somehow every bird could be used outside it's originally intended parameters.

And that WC simply stopped. The Studio simply put everything back into place.

The same goes for Wyvern. People are annoyed that they can't spam rightclick anymore, completely ignoring the fact that SPRINTING and SPECIAL attacks where never intended to be used frequently.

Birds stay airborn (imho) for almost exactly as long as before the nerf if only you stop hitting that sprint button.

well spoiled kids gonna be yellin and demanding, oh its not 2 genders anymore its infinite Kappa its so funny how YOUNG kids gonna tell the world how too LIVE BREATH THINK AND Its like they was born EXPERT IN REALIFE  its funny that 20 year old students gonna just set the layer of reallife for everyone, its ok too punch an nazi right? according too them xD i find it insane how 20 year olds think they know it all.

Exactly how fast do u gotta b 2 out perform a sentry's tracking?  Spd went up 2.5% per point, 71 lvl ups bringing 177.5%, starts with 100%, if breeding mutations works like lvl up points then 100%.  So without counting the 49.9% bonus lvls upon perfect tame max spd is 377.5% so 3.7x wat it started with, with the bonus u might get lucky with 400%, 4x.  Im not really feeling 4x base spd is all that fast...How sucky r the sentries tracking?  The only real life sentry gun is on the usa navy destroyers.  Capable of shredding a missile or jet at half a mile in a split sec.

On 5/19/2017 at 6:29 PM, LEDminer said:

High weight bear can hold a lot of metal and can run fast. It's also able to defend itself.

That new iguanodon can also carry a lot and moves at a decent speed without using stamina. This is good for early game or small tribes though.

Paracer can hold forges, allowing you to smelt your metal on the go.

There's many ways. Metal is now a precious resource, rather than just "oh look, metal." Alpha tribes may have their huge bases, but maintaining them is harder now, and after any wipes, they can't rebuild in a few days.

Please don't tell me "it's too slow!!!!1" I'm tired of hearing that response.

Lol you think a high weight bear can get metal anywhere near as quick and efficiently, thats delusional, like I said, there are ways, it has just increased the time it takes to get the same amount by quiet a bit. Paracer has zero reduced metal weight so it's still more efficient to use anky/quetz, Iguanodon weight isn't great.

The game is grindier either way you look at it, for alphas and smaller tribes.

I can't believe this is still a discussion at this point. Clearly everyone who disliked the nerf was put on the back burner as far as the incremental buffing back up of flyers. Why else would you get a toilet to put in your base over something a thousand times more useful? I think you most of us are content to play the game as it is now and from what I've seen the majority have adapted rather well despite not wanting to.

On 5/19/2017 at 5:14 AM, BobRoss said:

i can fly cross map on my ptera and have to land only once, so that statement is heavily inflated. they are also still really fast.

Argy isnt meant to be fast, they are build for damage/hp and weight, not speed. expecting them to be fast would be the same as expecting a ptera to do alot of damage, oh wait... :^)

Quetzal is the 'slow hauler of the many resources' and does just that, hes slow but with insane weight AND a platform saddle allowing them to cut weight of certain resources by another 80%

What's your stamina?

LOL, like I said, Argy is acceptable, but could use a nice 10%-15% boost.

Qutez is food, like Parasaur. Shoot... on... sight.

On 2017-05-20 at 10:38 AM, Velarius said:

I can't believe this is still a discussion at this point. Clearly everyone who disliked the nerf was put on the back burner as far as the incremental buffing back up of flyers. Why else would you get a toilet to put in your base over something a thousand times more useful? I think you most of us are content to play the game as it is now and from what I've seen the majority have adapted rather well despite not wanting to.

We didnt adapt, we fixed the mess they created by using classic flyer mod, like most of the community did. No people didn't quit, they went unofficial.

1 hour ago, Naerah(Qc) said:

We didnt adapt, we fixed the mess they created by using classic flyer mod, like most of the community did. No people didn't quit, they went unofficial.

I was referencing those who didn't cry for two weeks before abandoning officials, plenty of people stuck it out and still play on officials without fail to this day. That said, implementing a toilet to custom your house more seems like a waste of time with all the bugs that need to be fixed not to mention the incremental buffs of flyers. For future reference, those who want to bring up the flyer mod I don't see that as a solution. You ran away plain and simple, and failure to adapt is not something I'm going to debate again so quit beating the dead horse.

Well the good thing is according to kayd they are still working on numbers so that pretty much means they might still have an mk3.

the part that some people won't like it that he said the reason it hasn't came out yet is because there are more important things to worry about, which is true. 

I am cool with them taking time on the numbers with mk3. Its better to take time on something and makes sure it's a final decision before you implement it. Yes people will probably need to wait a couple months before mk3 hits but it will be worth the wait.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/144399137?t=1551 

sorry forgot to post the link. It's about an hour long but it is definitely Informative in a lot of ways.

On May 19, 2017 at 5:59 PM, Onimusha759 said:

Exactly how fast do u gotta b 2 out perform a sentry's tracking?  Spd went up 2.5% per point, 71 lvl ups bringing 177.5%, starts with 100%, if breeding mutations works like lvl up points then 100%.  So without counting the 49.9% bonus lvls upon perfect tame max spd is 377.5% so 3.7x wat it started with, with the bonus u might get lucky with 400%, 4x.  Im not really feeling 4x base spd is all that fast...How sucky r the sentries tracking?  The only real life sentry gun is on the usa navy destroyers.  Capable of shredding a missile or jet at half a mile in a split sec.

Anybody gonna answer this?

14 hours ago, Naerah(Qc) said:

The vast majority of ARK players are enjoying the new and refreshing changes to game play brought about by the balance patch.

There is always going to be a few stragglers who cannot learn and adapt and who hate any sense of challenge or immersion. These kind of bubble wrapped gamers can't be helped nor changed. The devs tried to placate them by giving them PVE mode but it seems even that isn't enough to conquer their long desire for an extremely easy casual game.

18 minutes ago, BulletForce said:

The vast majority of ARK players are enjoying the new and refreshing changes to game play brought about by the balance patch.

There is always going to be a few stragglers who cannot learn and adapt and who hate any sense of challenge or immersion. These kind of bubble wrapped gamers can't be helped nor changed. The devs tried to placate them by giving them PVE mode but it seems even that isn't enough to conquer their long desire for an extremely easy casual game.

Go tell that to the trio of lv217 compys running on the beach. Or to one of the lv 400+ rexes roaming around. You can shove your easy mode far up your ass really.

Archived