Center Boss Arena

ObieMD5

I am looking for a straight answer. The wiki says that you can bring in 10 people and 20 tames.  I have seen so many post conflicting with this.  I dont know if they are from the past before something was changed.  So my question is, on an official server (The center) can I bring in 10 people and 20 dinos into the boss arena?  Thank you in advance.  #arkislife

How in the world can you fit 20 dinos and 10 players on that tiny arse Obby pad? No really...I'm puzzled when people say they brought 20 Rexes to any fight. I can barely fit 3...so how? Is there a way to get more in after the initial warp if someone stays behind? And on that note, if someone dies, is it possible to get back to the arena?

Sorry for the off-topic question. It's been puzzling me for a while.

as @license4 said, wait till the center update drops at end of month, which will put in proper boss fights. Its not worth the time you spend gathering artifacts and all that just for a piddly 13 or so element, which is no where near what you need to build any of the tekgrams.

Use the time to get your dinos ready and your strategy down pat.

50 minutes ago, Ulta said:

How in the world can you fit 20 dinos and 10 players on that tiny arse Obby pad? No really...I'm puzzled when people say they brought 20 Rexes to any fight. I can barely fit 3...so how? Is there a way to get more in after the initial warp if someone stays behind? And on that note, if someone dies, is it possible to get back to the arena?

You can but its very crowded and in most cases the dinos will all be stuck in a big wad on the other side, so you will spend some valuable time getting everything untangled.

Watch the megas rock throw, he will one shot kill you and you wont be able to get back. Strafe like a boss if you want to survive and make your other tames keep him busy.

If you die and if your dinos survive to the end they will TP back to the obby you went from. Unless one of your mates gets your gear consider it lost

1 hour ago, Ulta said:

ehhhhhm...

there is plenty space on the pads, you could even bring in 50 rex if possible lol... did you never watch videos on youtube about the boss fights?

6 hours ago, Sky.NET said:

ehhhhhm...

there is plenty space on the pads, you could even bring in 50 rex if possible lol... did you never watch videos on youtube about the boss fights?

Sorry dude but it sure doesn't LOOK like you can fit 50 Rexes. Unless they changed it since I last tried a boss run with my tribe (which was sorta-ish recent. Maybe a month ago?). Isn't it only whatever is within that bubble that appears? Because if so, then that's a rather small space. At least the Green obby on The Center is smaller looking than any Obby pad on The Island...so don't be so quick to judge.

12 hours ago, ObieMD5 said:

I am looking for a straight answer. The wiki says that you can bring in 10 people and 20 tames.  I have seen so many post conflicting with this.  I dont know if they are from the past before something was changed.  So my question is, on an official server (The center) can I bring in 10 people and 20 dinos into the boss arena?  Thank you in advance.  #arkislife

You can and you should bring the 20 tames (preferably rexes levelled on HP and Damage - 30K HP + 400% damage is ok, with high quality saddles - this is also important) to the bossfight.

Just make sure:

1. No one sits on the dinos when you initiate the bossfight

2. All rexes are on the obelisk platform. It will be crowded, but manageable.

3. Dont ride your rexes when you fight the monkey - it instakills you in the saddle with it throw attack. So just whistle the rexes to attack the monkey than the broodmother and watch the show.

BUT: fighting bosses on The Center is pointless right now. You can get only like 12 elements if you kill both, and only 2 engrams (the TEK crafter and the glowes). While you can get the other engrams fighting bosses on other maps, you cant bring in the element (because it is not transferable). So TEK tier on Center is not viable atm.

So we - The Center players - need to wait until we get The Center patch described in the pinned topic of this forum.

Until that, I advise you to go and tame high level rexes, breed them like crazy and craft the saddles.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/04/2017 at 10:08 PM, Ulta said:

It's possible to fit 20 rexes in there but with difficulty.. it takes quite a while to get them all inside the cyrcle because it's bumpy af there. Sometimes one or two rexes stay behind.

I do this arena solo with 20 rexes and it's bad... only 12 element and 2 engram unlocks you can get for killing those two boses. Not worth it if you can do it on the Island. I have no base on the Island so no other choice than to kill those bosses for 12 element each time :(

On 17/04/2017 at 9:58 PM, ObieMD5 said:

Hmmm thats what Ive heard about it so far.  I have been breeding rexs that have around 25k health and 500% melee.  I think my tribe leaders are determined on doing it with those 20 rexs. Worse that happens is I dont raise more until the boss fight changes.

If you want to do it before the update then I hope you bring asc/mc rifles/sniper rifles too, because with those stats many of your rexes will most likely die even with good saddles. My rexes have 30k health with asc saddles with way more melee and some of them end up with less than 1/3 health by the end of the fight. Mind I play solo (or with 9yo son) and use only one asc sniper rifle. I imagine a team of 10 players with good weapons and ammo can do a lot.

9 hours ago, Musketeer said:

It's possible to fit 20 rexes in there but with difficulty.. it takes quite a while to get them all inside the cyrcle because it's bumpy af there. Sometimes one or two rexes stay behind.

I do this arena solo with 20 rexes and it's bad... only 12 element and 2 engram unlocks you can get for killing those two boses. Not worth it if you can do it on the Island. I have no base on the Island so no other choice than to kill those bosses for 12 element each time :(

I don't know about now with the TEK building engrams, but back when it was just the Rex saddle and armor set engrams, doing the Center boss fight got you all the engrams (since you know, no difficulty. This and the lack of element is the reason we got our server on hold. When it updates (soon I hope) ,we'll be getting back on to see if the element drop is worth the grind and breeding vanilla.

It was so easy to get stuck with just 3 Rexes xD Let alone 20

On Sunday, April 30, 2017 at 8:05 AM, Ulta said:

I don't know about now with the TEK building engrams, but back when it was just the Rex saddle and armor set engrams, doing the Center boss fight got you all the engrams (since you know, no difficulty. This and the lack of element is the reason we got our server on hold. When it updates (soon I hope) ,we'll be getting back on to see if the element drop is worth the grind and breeding vanilla.

It was so easy to get stuck with just 3 Rexes xD Let alone 20

What lots of ppl do is load em in ob, then just take them out at obby (they stack) and go that way

On Monday, April 17, 2017 at 9:56 PM, Ulta said:

Sorry dude but it sure doesn't LOOK like you can fit 50 Rexes. Unless they changed it since I last tried a boss run with my tribe (which was sorta-ish recent. Maybe a month ago?). Isn't it only whatever is within that bubble that appears? Because if so, then that's a rather small space. At least the Green obby on The Center is smaller looking than any Obby pad on The Island...so don't be so quick to judge.

You tried a boss run with 3 rexs?

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

You tried a boss run with 3 rexs?

Yes, and we lost obviously. But we got the engrams off broomother. We killed Broodmother easy enough, but the monkey we had no idea that the rockthrow would kill us off our mounts (which is stupid). But that's not the point of this post.

And I know people, I get that you CAN bring 20 Rexes. No need to try and convince me otherwise, I've seen it done before.

3 hours ago, Ulta said:

Yes, and we lost obviously. But we got the engrams off broomother. We killed Broodmother easy enough, but the monkey we had no idea that the rockthrow would kill us off our mounts (which is stupid). But that's not the point of this post.

And I know people, I get that you CAN bring 20 Rexes. No need to try and convince me otherwise, I've seen it done before.

If you know then why bother posting "doesnt look like they all fit there" nonsense?

On 4/17/2017 at 5:08 PM, Ulta said:

maybe you have gotten an answer to this by now, didnt sift through all the comments....

but the way i do it, is put them with their butts together in sort of a fan like circle around the middle ring. just try to park the next one as close as you can next to the last one you parked, then repeat for up to 20 rexs. It is sloppy, not going to lie, but it works. Just be sure to keep an opening so you can get to the terminal through the wall of rex feet :)

When they return from a boss fight, they will be in a painfully awkward looking dogpile, best way to sort that out is to J whistle and let them walk a short distance before whistling stop.

hope that helps!

21 hours ago, d1nk said:

If you know then why bother posting "doesnt look like they all fit there" nonsense?

My bad. What I should have said is 'I know that it can be done NOW'. Before I didn't, but now that I've read the replies and such and saw screenshots, I now know it can. People just kept insisting that I didn't know it can be done so I felt I needed to say I knew now. =\

8 hours ago, Sh4rk said:

maybe you have gotten an answer to this by now, didnt sift through all the comments....

but the way i do it, is put them with their butts together in sort of a fan like circle around the middle ring. just try to park the next one as close as you can next to the last one you parked, then repeat for up to 20 rexs. It is sloppy, not going to lie, but it works. Just be sure to keep an opening so you can get to the terminal through the wall of rex feet :)

When they return from a boss fight, they will be in a painfully awkward looking dogpile, best way to sort that out is to J whistle and let them walk a short distance before whistling stop.

hope that helps!

Useful to know! Thank you!

Not sure if its all boss fights but on Xbox Center boss if you're on your mount when i teleports you back, you will die... no idea why happened the first 2 times we did it, 3rd time everyone dismounted and we were fine. Just want to inform people.

Done the battle 3 times (yes fairly pointless, but you get the trophies and why else raise rexes lol) I would say MINIMUM 20 rex with  30k 550%+ with 80+ armor

1st -  25k / 500% / 75 armor give or take a little ... lost 6 rex and almost every rex was dead after Mega (always fight first)
2nd - 28k / 500%+ / 84 armor ... Lost 2 rex ... Between 3-8k health after mega
3rd - 30k+ / 600%+ / 84 armor ... Lost No rexes .. Still bloody after Mega, but no where near as bad

Now - Sitting 32-40k 600-800%

The brood seems like a joke though, we literally are gaining health back when fighting (no sure if its not the actual "hard mode 124" brood mother)

FOR PC players getting the update today, can you please let me know if the new "hard mode" is more difficult than the current battle??
THANK YOU!

On 4/17/2017 at 9:58 PM, ObieMD5 said:

Hmmm thats what Ive heard about it so far.  I have been breeding rexs that have around 25k health and 500% melee.  I think my tribe leaders are determined on doing it with those 20 rexs. Worse that happens is I dont raise more until the boss fight changes.

Dude dont do it an flush away all your hard work i can tell you from personal experience that health an melee is no were near enough I had 20 rex 10 manned 32k health+ 750+ melee on all of them with an 82 armour saddle each an 60%+ imprint most were 70%+ the broodmother in there will wipe you all out with ease before you even tickle her an thats if the mega dosent kill all your riders of the back of there mounts instantly killing dinos left in the arena an if that wasnt bad enough if you do make it you get.......8 element :( save your rexes until after the update 

Archived