Worst thing to happen to you ingame?

TheCrazyOldHermit

I took my qwetz out (before they were rubbish) giga hunting, this was about the 3rd week of looking everyday.

found a 140 in the snow biome, I loaded up my qwetz with all the tranqs, narcs, kibble and equipment , MC rifles and all sorts all in a large storage box on the ascendant platform saddle. 

got in position, noticed my qwetz had a lvl up.

This was the day after those unnecessary and annoying lvl up animations.

Lvled the quetz, it kicked me off backwards, I practically landed on the gigas head then the qwetz landed. The rest is history.

Then he got caught on a rock with my bags and stuff between legs. GG

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last night farming for prime for a tame, got taken off my 201 argy (that I raised) from the honey badger up north, instantly killed by a 135 dire wolf. My second argy was fighting everything off, took 10 min to spawn and fly from second base to that location, just as I arrive my favorite argy that I raised was killed, then moments later the second argy died. I go home hatch the baby I made weeks ago, lag got so bad I left and then it died from starvation while I was gone. It was a rough night. Lol. I love this game.

if anyone doesnt say losing there first tames they've either forgotten or they're heartless or have been through far worse than i. rest in peace hemlock manchineel and nightshade dilo squad was good maybe even the best but nobody could have stood up to a pack of allos coming out of nowhere permission to die granted soldiers *salutes*...

13 minutes ago, Havokpaintedwolf said:

if anyone doesnt say losing there first tames they've either forgotten or they're heartless or have been through far worse than i. rest in peace hemlock manchineel and nightshade dilo squad was good maybe even the best but nobody could have stood up to a pack of allos coming out of nowhere permission to die granted soldiers *salutes*...

Delta, my first raptor,  killed by a dilo (passive)on north jungle beach whilst I was collecting wood

1 minute ago, Flaminraptors said:

Delta, my first raptor,  killed by a dilo (passive)on north jungle beach whilst I was collecting wood

damn and i still have my first raptor Switchblade shes low leveled but i would only just be putting up my base walls now if i didnt have her help killing dilos and other raptors in the area im about to gather wood.

The second worst thing was a tribemate taking out my first ever tamed argy for a flight at lava on a center map. He hopped off mid-flight because he had his spyglass assigned to Y, fell in lava and lost a bunch of ascendant stuff he didn't tell me he took with him, and my argy proceeded to glitch under the map and despawn :(

First worst thing? Being raided and being unable to do anything about it because the people doing it were beneath the map. I had to leave the server I started out on because these guys did it so frequently. And I was never able to catch their gt's because they always caught me right when I was offline, and I came on to find them raiding. It's awful when all you can do is stand there and watch everything you've worked for just disappear, no matter how hard you try to kill them. 

7 hours ago, Havokpaintedwolf said:

I remember losing my first "big" tame way back when, geez almost two years ago now time sure flies. It was a female raptor creatively named Alpha. There weren't that many animals back then, in fact spinos had just come out. You were basically stuck with a raptor as a carnivore mount until you could get your hands on a carno at level 50.

We were doing great, Alpha and I, helping out other people on the server, sprinting for miles across sandy beaches and over the hills that we called home. But our first server was very laggy and often resulted in major rubberbanding. You think the game is bad now, 2 years ago it was way, way worse, it really has improved a lot since those days. Anyway. I was helping someone on the server tame a carno or something. Kibble didn't exist yet, and it was so long ago people didn't even have the huge narcotics stockpiles. No, we built taming platforms, aka a foundation with a mortar and if you were really "rich" a sleeping bag, with a campfire nearby because no one had fort, most people wore hide armor and a lot of people didn't use gamma.

Everyone helped everyone out on tames back then. So while she was gathering narcoberries and making narcotics to keep her tame down, I went out farming stegos, the only source of prime Alpha and I could safely take on. We were doing great, traveling miles up and down the river and the lake that used to be where the swamp is now, picking off lone stegos and sprinting that prime meat back as fast as we could.

Then we found a stego that was just a little too close to its herd. As soon as I realized the mistake I turned to escape. But remember what I said about rubber banding being a problem? Yeah. We were literally stuck to the first stego's tail and unable to escape from the rest of the herd as it surrounded us. We did our best to stand and fight but there was just nothing we could do. In her dying moments Alpha threw me safely clear of them and I survived. But she was gone, and I was left to pick up her saddle and walk home.

I've never tamed a raptor as a personal mount since that day.

Much worse things have happened since then, but you're right, you never really forget losing your first tames. That wasn't the first one I lost, but it was the one I'll always remember.

Back a while ago. Left for holidays. We then used to own herb island. Had 3 bases there that later was merged into one. 

I left for 2 weeks holidays. Left 2 people responsible for re-fueling generators as Each had around 150 fuel in it. When I came back, there were couple cheap tames left, everything was looted. Around 150 tames lost. All because someone couldn't watch over generators. Good times. Anyway, we still play together. Mistakes make you learn your lessons the hard way. Now when we set up new generator - the rule is it has to be filled completely full with fuel.

Another worst moment of mine was losing my first tame, a scorpion named Scorpipi. I had taken us two to a swamp by boat in search of a Sarco to tame, I eventually found one, tranqed it and began the waiting game(this was before 2x officials).

While we waited next to our new Sarco friend I looked away for a moment and was swarmed by titanoboa and piranha I jumped on Scorpipi and fought as long as I could until I succumbed to torpor. Once I died I spawned back quickly and ran from my boats bed to save my Scorpipi. When I arrived to my amazement Scorpipi had slain all the piranha and Tboa but he passed out in water just under the surface, at this time I didn't have the ability to make stimulate, so I had to watch him drown to death. I dragged his corpse all the way back to my boat and sat and watched him decompose. RIP Scorpipi.

Ive only two things to date which have hurt me. My first cave run was going so well but I couldnt hear what my tribemate was telling me about the lazarus powder as there were others in teamspeak talking over us. I dived down, and floated back up as a corpse. It was a long way from base and my Ptera was at the cave entrance. I spawned at my bed and had a tantrum as I lost all my blue gear (which was good for me at lvl 22). 

The second was when I logged into the game for the first time that day... then found myself falling through the earth. I spawned at base and then couldnt find my body - lost all my epic gear and MC pick. 

Looking back on it, Ive not lost anything too valuable, 'yet'. My tribemate lost his 1 day old new tame saber to a megalasuarus the other day after we came out of the cave. He stopped off at a beaver dam but when he was attacked his sabre bugged on some nearby spikes. Only after it died/and my tribemate too, did we realise that it was server lag and the sabre was actually in the clutches of the megalasaurus and was dying :(

We had only tamed it the night before :(

Now we take bears as the pesky megalasaurus' cannot clutch a bear :P

I still remember when i tamed my first raptor, named Charlie, it was taking so long that my cousin decided to start taming a ptera. When it was finally done i put a sadle on him and started running around. He needed meat for the ptera so i took my new raptor on meat runs. Close to were he was I saw a friking paracetamerium stuck inh a stone, I mean he was literally half buried into the ground and half buried in the stone. I started bitting it in the leg that was outoff the ground and the dammed thing just walked out of the bug, i didnt stop biting untill i was about half helath which is when  i was almsot out of stamina. My cousin saw me running across the land, the beast following me... i tried to jump over a river since they didnt swim fast at all. Now i commonly jump befor entering the river so that i don't have to swim all the way but raptor runs out of stam right before i jump and its falls in deep water. So yeah swimming even slower than normal i got stommped in the shoreline. Charlie had only lasted about 15 minutes. Later i got my trike "Torobravo" and killed got revenge tho.

GODZILLA. For the love of God I had no idea what I was getting myself into when i downloaded this Mod last night. I gathered all the crazy amount of resources needed, was going to shoot a video on my channel showing others how to tame and then all Hell broke loose when I spawned a level 400 (Max Wild Dino 240 on my server) Godzilla who proceeded to kill most of my dinos and me countless times. 

Needless to say, he is still roaming on my server and after 4 hours of trying to kill him I went to bed. Round 2 begins tonight as I try to kill him and make the 2nd part of the video and then post this hellacious nightmare for the public to witness.

Any good juju someone can share in my general direction is much appreciated as this thing even took out spawned bosses that were level 1000 like it was a knife going through butter... HELP!

• 3 months later...

I left my house with my dinos and went mining metal. When I came back I saw 2 hugeee dinosarus fighting my dinos and destroying my houses AND eventually killed my dinos too
so I took all the stuff I had and sailed in the raft
to the west side of the island
and then I had to start over again....

THEY KILLED MY: TRIKE', CARBONEMY, PTERADON, PARASAUR......

AND DESTROYED MY HOUSES

This was back in August last year, before server transfers was a thing. I and my tribe had pushed the Chinese almost to the point of defeat(3 or 4 mid level Quetz a couple of high level dire bears and a few Rexes) on the primitive server we played on, but several tribe members had work the next day and decided the Chinese couldn't do anything because of how much they had left. So I stayed up anyway, knowing they would try something with what they had left. I was the only defender of my tribe's base vs the Chinese - it was about 5am, and I'd only got back from a long journey about 10 hours before, and I fell asleep at the keyboard with exhaustion. They'd found a place they could sit with their Quetz and fire boulders without the plants firing at the Quetz, and by the time I woke up, 3 hours later they were inside and had already killed most of our Rexes and all our Quetz - wasn't anything I could do besides kill their one bear that got stuck.This was back in August last year, before server transfers was a thing. I and my tribe had pushed the Chinese almost to the point of defeat(3 or 4 mid level Quetz a couple of high level dire bears and a few Rexes) on the primitive server we played on, but several tribe members had work the next day and decided the Chinese couldn't do anything because of how much they had left. So I stayed up anyway, knowing they would try something with what they had left. I was the only defender of my tribe's base vs the Chinese - it was about 5am, and I'd only got back from a long journey about 10 hours before, and I fell asleep at the keyboard with exhaustion. They'd found a place they could sit with their Quetz and fire boulders without the plants firing at the Quetz, and by the time I woke up, 3 hours later they were inside and had already killed most of our Rexes and all our Quetz - wasn't anything I could do besides kill their one bear that got stuck.

I lost my character :) lv 100 , almost all tek unlocked , owner of a tribe . rip :) 

They can give you a new character, and give you ownership of the tribe back if you submit a ticket. Happened to me a few months back, although it did take 6 weeks - might be worth it if your tribe is still active.

Archived