re-balance The long Await Flyer Re-balance is finally here, what are your thoughts on it?

Bolty

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BobRoss said:

i have played the game it isnt broken , yes they overdid it with the nerf and they explained their reasoning behind it, yes they should have told us this before the nerf and not after, but they didnt so live with it. what else do you want? fliers will be buffed the next weeks/months until they are where the devs and players both agree they should be.

Wrong. It is broken. I can't even get off the floating island hardly on the center where my base is without having to stop. The list a ptera as a scout but you can only fly 1/10th of the map before having to stop. It is broken to the point where I now have no tribe mates because they quit because of the ill advised "update". Where my server upwards of 60 players on now is reduced to 20. Oh its broken alright.

11 minutes ago, Mayai said:

I haven't had a chance to try the patch yet as I am at work, can someone clarify for me:
Are you now able to up the movement speed as before and what was meant by the rider speed buff?

some of em got a little bit of speed back, but you cant level it and except for maybe the ptera they are all way too slow still :/  not sure what rider speed buff means, maybe they are even slower still if noones on it?,

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, DarthaNyan said:

Quetz - i dont understand all complaints about new stamina. A high level quetz has 2k+ stamina base and that is enough for long distance travelling. They are not meant to be fast or strong. Ankys getting reduction to effective weight of raw metal re-enables quetz farming thingy (a decision that i personally dont approve, but w/e).

On the Anky, the one reason I can go with this, is that applies to those that don't have a Q, so it evens things out, a little.

Though, I would agree, and not transfer the reduction benefit to Q.  Metal weighs what it ways, it is just that the Anky can somehow carry it better, which give them an efficiency that allows them to carry more metal than other stuff.

41 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

Not sure why you said "when I have a kid" then. Pointed towards you not having children.

and this is a mature rated game

Oh tell me you didn't just pass judgement on someone for how they spend quality time with their child! You have some nerve pal!

16 minutes ago, Currahee said:

Yes but if you had a child who wanted to drive your red car I'm sure you'd want him to follow YOUR rules and not just drive it the way he wants to. If he really wants to drive it the way he wants to there's a private road he can do whatever he wants on.

That's a more apt analogy.

I thought his analogy was fine, he referenced a "toy" car, not his cherry red lambo in the driveway. It was actually pretty accurate to what SWD did with the flyers.

The point was, you get less resistance to change when you give people choice and let them take ownership in the decision.

Good thing we can paint vaults now.  It'll give us something to do until birds are useable again.  The reason so many people are subscribing to the Classic Flyers mod is that they enjoyed playing the game pre-nerf.  I think there will be less complaints not because people are happy but more because they have just used a mod to put the game back to the point they enjoy playing and realize that WC doesn't really care what players think and that it's all about their "vision."

As to the comment "Classic flyers isn't a good indicator"  I think it's a perfect indicator.  A large number of people are playing the game the way it was played pre-nerf.

• Volunteer Moderator

Okay everyone, it is okay to disagree, there is no need to make it personal.

Not sure why this has to be repeated, but debate the points and opinions, and leave the personal attacks, insults, and snide remark out of it.  You may think it gives you credibility, but, it doesn't.

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, AndrewLB said:

I want to know why my wyvern born from a 185 egg, with 170k xp lost almost 40 levels from this nerf? It used to be lvl 240-something and now its only lvl 206 with 170k xp. talk about a rip off...

Because the points that were lost to speed in wild stats and during taming are no longer being tracked(or counted).  As such, level is really just the sum of the level points applied to each stat.

That is why you can have a level 190 saber, but have 10 unused level ups, and it still shows level 190; the points have not been applied yet.

As for the balancing. I think they've got the right direction for everything save the wyverns. Def need to detach the breath attacks from stam if it is to stay so low.

For unofficial, there is still a need to have an ini setting to enable speed leveling however. They should have the option to set it as they see fit, same as they do for every other stat with all other dinos. 

2 minutes ago, Twin said:

As to the comment "Classic flyers isn't a good indicator"  I think it's a perfect indicator.  A large number of people are playing the game the way it was played pre-nerf.

A lot of SP players and private server owners used to revert stats of tamed dinos back when 1st huge nerf hit. Was that a good indicator for anything? Certainly not - tamed dinos urgently required a hit with a nerfbat. Same happens here.

1 minute ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Oh tell me you didn't just pass judgement on someone for how they spend quality time with their child! You have some nerve pal!

I thought his analogy was fine, he referenced a "toy" car, not his cherry red lambo in the driveway. It was actually pretty accurate to what SWD did with the flyers.

The point was, you get less resistance to change when you give people choice and let them take ownership in the decision.

lol the real question is who is Volcano637 and how does he manage to fill ever forum with 70% random comments? Does he/she/it sleep lol 

Lol the best thing about this patch is it hurts the little guys the most any alpha with OP pt (simply because your to incompetent to pick them lol) PT are pretty terrable right now but not as bad as the little guys pts...... like really maybe you should stop introducing hard caps and start playing with the % gained per level up WC or would that be to complicated...... If not can you spawn me in a admin PT its been awhile since i've seen an admin spawned in dino but i want one :) Paypal works :P

14 minutes ago, rawsh said:

some of em got a little bit of speed back, but you cant level it and except for maybe the ptera they are all way too slow still :/  not sure what rider speed buff means, maybe they are even slower still if noones on it?,

Thank you for letting me know, it is a shame the option isn't back, hoping they will give more options to us with the unofficial servers to give us more power over this.

I read these forums, watch WC release minor updates. Almost looks like we are negotiating what we want back. Stand strong and firm. We want back what was so easily taken. Everyone see's the forum topics all across the internet about this issue. We have seen post after post. I'm not here to negotiate. I paid full price for a once awesome game. Matter of fact, I bought several copies at full price in getting folks to play. Now I am embarrassed to bring anyone. Off to install some MODs.

Following Robersdee:
Classic Flyers Mod - ~45 thousand downloads in 4 days.
As of 4/6/17 @ 8:25 Pacific: 44,761. <-- Um, thats alot.

wait- update at 8:30a- 44,905

So far the i have tested Queztl, its almost perfect and how i would assume it would move etc.Just need a little more speed and its there.

Wyvern have far to low stam, my 185 Hatch one got like 700 ish stam now. Thats way to low and they are still to slow. To be honest, still can not be used in combat with others wild big dinos etc.

Not sure about Argy, but it feels better with the stats and all.

3 minutes ago, Unseen said:

Lol the best thing about this patch is it hurts the little guys the most any alpha with OP pt (simply because your to incompetent to pick them lol) PT are pretty terrable right now but not as bad as the little guys pts...... like really maybe you should stop introducing hard caps and start playing with the % gained per level up WC or would that be to complicated...... If not can you spawn me in a admin PT its been awhile since i've seen an admin spawned in dino but i want one :) Paypal works :P

I watched a raid the Nerd Parade crew recorded in 256.29 and even pre buff, the picking problem is still there. Changing speed & stam values isn't gonna stop that, only disabling it will. Good pvpers will adapt & still use it no problem.  

Just now, iStephano said:

So far the i have tested Queztl, its almost perfect and how i would assume it would move etc.Just need a little more speed and its there.

Wyvern have far to low stam, my 185 Hatch one got like 700 ish stam now. Thats way to low and they are still to slow. To be honest, still can not be used in combat with others wild big dinos etc.

Not sure about Argy, but it feels better with the stats and all.

They might be all great on your single player pve server where you just spawn stuff in but for anyone that wants to farm ty WC the time taken is now doubled, Are Flyer viable in online raid No not anymore thanks WC for instead of rebalancing just destroying the most popular aspect of you game the flyers. Everone that likes ark liked the flyers the only people that didnt wanted a completely different experience from what i've heard and see there always like i miss using a pick to get metal, I miss picking up stone I wish this and that had some special mechanic i wish there were more hair styles. Ark has not been that for an age lol   

1 minute ago, CyberGameZone said:

I read these forums, watch WC release minor updates. Almost looks like we are negotiating what we want back. Stand strong and firm. We want back what was so easily taken. Everyone see's the forum topics all across the internet about this issue. We have seen post after post. I'm not here to negotiate. I paid full price for a once awesome game. Matter of fact, I bought several copies at full price in getting folks to play. Now I am embarrassed to bring anyone. Off to install some MODs.

Following Robersdee:
Classic Flyers Mod - ~45 thousand downloads in 4 days.
As of 4/6/17 @ 8:25 Pacific: 44,761. <-- Um, thats alot.

wait- update at 8:30a- 44,905

3/4 (or at least half) of those subscribers weren't asked for an opinion whether they want to install the mod or not. They were forced to because server admin installed mod on the server. Also that mod isnt without its own issues, so some part of the people who downloaded that mod to test choose to not use it anymore. Only 800+ likes on the mod support my conclusion.

"Quetz (The word is you can use the quetz-ankylo "glitch" once again with this version!)" is a bad type of advertisement should that be a quality mod.

Last (but not least): getting too complacent with the state of things and being afraid of changes are not exactly good qualities an EA game player should have.

6 minutes ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

I watched a raid the Nerd Parade crew recorded in 256.29 and even pre buff, the picking problem is still there. Changing speed & stam values isn't gonna stop that, only disabling it will. Good pvpers will adapt & still use it no problem.  

Difference is that those flyers can be shot now. As you said - good pvpers will always adapt.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, GhostRSA said:

So, if we find in our testing that something is not right, and communicate that, very verbally in this case, they can still decide to ignore that? I see.... Ok so my users I service that test and "play" with the applications and solution I provide must be happy with what ever I decide suits their life, not the other way around? Customer is always right and I have to make it work does not apply anymore?

Apparently, you don't use software from Microsoft ( and I mean that in a funny way).   They have constantly removed features I used, changed things around, and have their applications do things automatically that I wish they would not do.  Yet, I and many others have been waiting for well over a decade for the ability to Unselect a cell if we accidentally click on it while selecting a bunch of other cells.  Meanwhile, if I use a query to create a new table, even if I try to force the field size to 8, or 10, or 20, Access makes it 255.

But, with that said, for many of the changes over the years, I have adpated and even embraced them.  I hated the ribbon at first, now, I find it very useful.  And, with the Quick Access bar, I can work around the issue of commonly access stuff.

I am doing the same in Ark for the most part.  Let's see where it goes, try to give some useful, accurate, and realistic feedback, and also ask for a little something in return.

I would still like to see using soups/stews/etc. on tames returned, with a cooldown period between usages; and not a short one, but one that means you need to play a bit.

And, I have seen some good ideas buried in the the stuff here, such as maybe the special attacks for Wyverns having a cool down, and not just use stamina.  I like that alot, and it might open up an avenue where the special attacks(at least for the Fire and Poison wyvern) to be buffed a bit, like a better AOE, since you cannot spam attack.

7 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

Difference is that those flyers can be shot now. As you said - good pvpers will always adapt.

Its not can be shot but will be shot easily no skill require there that slow and since you can force heal any more well there useless. Now its fly out get shot a few times and then its GG throw it in a metal box or loose it.

Flyer Nerv MK.1...Flyer Nerf MK.2...the first was a really bad April 1st joke, the second did not alter it in any way. Flyers stay unusable.

MAKE. IT. CHOOSEABLE. Via INI Setting.

Nobody wants that Nerf, not even PvP'lers.

I just set up my dedicated server with a score BEFORE the nerv, and my Argentavis has still extremely low stamina and un-levelable speed. Wow! I think I should drain the stamina usage to zero, of all Dinos, so at least the unusability is gone, but still slow, though.

Maybe some Mod designer is able to extract the old flyer models so I can replace them in ASM with the new ones -> problem completely gone!

REVERT IT. NOW!

36 minutes ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Except WC didn't completely destroy anything and then give us something completely unrelated to play with, as the original analogy purposed. Also this isn't our toy, this is WCs property. I think my analogy is much closer to the reality of it.

Before the nerf did you have a choice? No offense but I'll assume you always chose fliers?

• GP locked this topic

Archived