Re-balancing the Fliers, Mk. 2!

TheRightHand

13 hours ago, Probitas said:

Well, it takes aircraft to combat aircraft. I'm not seeing anything OP about the usage as they were (thought there were crazy high stats and levels introduced from breeding). 

As someone who has used them extensively to reduce bases to rubble, I disagree its completely boring and easy I welcome the new strategies it may take to fight in pvp. As for "It takes aircraft to combat aircraft." From this perspective that statement is completely false as some of the most effective weapons against aircraft are land based and some of them do move. Thus the advent in this game of the death boat, I know cause we have enough turrets on ours to drop a single wyverns in 30-60 secs if not sooner if its pilot decides to attack straight on or not move fast enough. So I say there should be a decent way to do deal with such things on land as well, if that means a flyer nerf instead of a land vehicle then fine by me. For the record by 'land vehicle' I don't mean a land dino that accepts platforms, since the raft itself is not living a similarly built land craft even if more advanced is what I am speaking of.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@TheRightHand

Personally I think something had to be done but I think this was intentionally overboard. Ptero's with 200-300% + for example seemed to be a HUGE server lag issue on xbox. People always complain about Bronto swinging (even when noone owns one) but they all have godlike speed Pteros so what do you expect? I know that a good 80% of the gound I have never explored but thats because stamina or speed on brontos, parath, rexes, allos and anything good sucks. Also please for the love of god buff quetz before the release on xbox. Their staminia should not be reduced and their base speed shouldn't be capped at base speed. You basically kill an alpha tribe far away from the volcano.

7 minutes ago, JMac said:

Will we get out points back so we can re-allocate them? 

We put points in based on the original system, then you changed it and only gave our speed points back.  You are changing it again.  It would be nice if the flyers were reset to base and all points could be reallocated based on the new standards you are setting. 

Thoroughly agree. I would imagine it wouldn't be too difficult for the engineers to come up with appropriate code to re-imburse them. Lord knows my wyvern went down a heckuva lot more levels than the 4 points I was reimbursed!

1 minute ago, szabiferi said:

@TheRightHand What does Column J (Speed / level tamed) means? 

I tought it could mean the speed increase per level upgrade, but since it is exactly the same value as the initial nerf, where speed is not levelable it cannot be that...

Or will you re-enable speed levelup for tamed dinos?

Enable imprinted birds speed boost? bonus for 24 hours of work?

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, iAmE said:

Yep

Sensationalizing much? Why not quote the rest of it? Actually, lemme do it for you, since anyone can make any bs claim if they do enough omissions to remove context.

26 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

My opinion on this is that 1) it's how it's been done before, so this is the approach they are most comfortable with or 2) they're just tired of just listening to community feedback that ends up biting them in the butt. I mean, near the start of this game players wanted things like persisting diseases, and pitched that it would deepen the survival experience. But when swamp fever got introduced people moaned and complained about how much it ruined their survival experience, so much so that the mechanic got nerfed into the ground. Players wanted to have the terror bird in the game, but when implemented hardly anyone made use of them purely because it's not some sort of god dino. Players wanted a basilosaur and Wildcard gave it, even making it a bit of an aquatic golden boy thanks to immunity to shocks from eels and jelly fish (despite it's dossier making no mention of this at all), but instead you have people basically going "why should I get a whale? It's not a mosa". When faced with that sort of track record it's not hard to see why it's more palatable to implement something then collect user data to adjust as needed instead of just taking feedback on blind faith and still ending up with an unsatisfied player base.

It seems to me the root of the flyer problems are to do with PVP, so to me at least the solution seems simple, have it so as flyers take damage they lose speed, for example a quetz loses 1/2 hp, it loses 1/3 speed, also you could add holes in the wings as it loses hp similar to the blood. Also I understand this may lead to speed exploit glitches, but i'm sure you can find a work around. Another idea I had is that if a flyer takes damage, other than starvation, it drops whatever it is carrying, so you can snatch players off dinos but can't drop them a mile away or something as irritating. I approve of the time between ptera spins 100%

2 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

Sensationalizing much? Why not quote the rest of it?

probably because you're directly contradicting what the developers and admins are saying? and so what if things don't go "as planned" when they put new things in? It provided they listened to us, and that is enough. some people weren't happy, that's life.

1 minute ago, dalfinsaredumb said:

It seems to me the root of the flyer problems are to do with PVP, so to me at least the solution seems simple, have it so as flyers take damage they lose speed, for example a quetz loses 1/2 hp, it loses 1/3 speed, also you could add holes in the wings as it loses hp similar to the blood. Also I understand this may lead to speed exploit glitches, but i'm sure you can find a work around. Another idea I had is that if a flyer takes damage, other than starvation, it drops whatever it is carrying, so you can snatch players off dinos but can't drop them a mile away or something as irritating. I approve of the time between ptera spins 100%

They arent even listening to us anymore its not worth it guys its not gunna change

2 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

Sensationalizing much? Why not quote the rest of it?

A few reasons, but one, I don't really feel like trolling people FOR you. Second, the gist of your post is pretty well summed up with that one quote. You went on to give examples of how they routinely do so, but realistically, that's about as much information as anyone really needs out of that post to understand what the post was meant to convey. 

Though realistically, I just wish this forums ignore function worked (It doesn't) and that you weren't immune to it for some reason (You are). When I open up a thread and you're in there insisting that dino trains are the way the game is meant to be played (Because everyone likes being told how to play sandbox games), and that Wildcard doesn't owe us anything, so we should be grateful to them, I honestly get a little bit annoyed. Then I see you do the same thing in six threads, and you give me a gem like that and expect me not to bring it to the attention of people?

13 hours ago, Lucian said:

Actually, your point doesn't stand. You said they were pushing people away, but the historical data doesn't support that. Look at the players every day, set it to 1 month and you will see that their is a pattern to how people play during the week and the number of people is HIGHER for this day of the week then it has been in the past month.

If what you were claiming was true we would see a lower number for the number of players today.

That also be due to the fact about the sale they had going on too though. 

• Jatheish locked and unlocked this topic
  • Jatheish unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic

Archived