Biggest, flattest spot on Island?

Jostabeere

So me and my friends wanna move from our base from the beach.

Yet I have no idea where we want to go and I haven't found a good spot.

Would someone be so nice and suggest a good building spot?

the whole Island is available, since it's our own server. So no Pillars shenanigans.

My criterias for the area are:

-as flat as possible. So I can build a decent sized main building (20x20) without using pillars backasswards tactics and a decent stable for dinos along with a greenhouse and so on.

-as big as possible for measurements stated above

-as central as possible. Preferably not on the beach, so snow biome, volcano or other stuff is not a trip across the island.

There's an almost perfectly flat plateau on the east coast by green ob, south of the swamp, a bit inland. Don't know coordinates off of the top of my head, I can check later. I was planning on building there a while back but there were some demolishable foundations glitched into the ground that nobody could demolish, I swear you could probably build over a 30x30 there

56 minutes ago, Harrist14 said:

There's an almost perfectly flat plateau on the east coast by green ob, south of the swamp, a bit inland. Don't know coordinates off of the top of my head, I can check later. I was planning on building there a while back but there were some demolishable foundations glitched into the ground that nobody could demolish, I swear you could probably build over a 30x30 there

This 

10 hours ago, Harrist14 said:

Anyone have co-ordinates for this place?

- The western coast just south of the winter biome meets all but the "not a beach" requirement. Even so, you're pretty close to Whitesky and Volcano, so metal shouldn't be a big problem.

- The Hidden Lake works, too, but you'd probably need to build using pillars. It's sheltered and flat, though, and it's close to Winter's Mouth, Frozen Tooth, and Far's Peak.

- The plains between Frozen Tooth and Volcano. Again, you'd probably wind up needing to use pillars, but you may be able to finagle it. Obviously very centrally located, just beware of frequent Giga and Titan spawns

- Shores of the Red River (river just north of Redwoods) are pretty big, so you may be able to squeeze a large base there. Water for your crops, and very central. Again, Titan spawns are kind of frequent around here, so if they're not disabled on your server, you might find yourself contending with one

12 hours ago, Jostabeere said:

So me and my friends wanna move from our base from the beach.

Yet I have no idea where we want to go and I haven't found a good spot.

Would someone be so nice and suggest a good building spot?

the whole Island is available, since it's our own server. So no Pillars shenanigans.

My criterias for the area are:

-as flat as possible. So I can build a decent sized main building (20x20) without using pillars backasswards tactics and a decent stable for dinos along with a greenhouse and so on.

-as big as possible for measurements stated above

-as central as possible. Preferably not on the beach, so snow biome, volcano or other stuff is not a trip across the island.

Definitely 48lat 72lon. Right near the red lake. There's plenty of surrounding wood, stone and it's right next to a swamp so you can farm the cat tails for plant x and berries. Just make sure to defend the slope leading to a cliff above the flat land otherwise its easy access even if you have behemoths and we also had issues with wild dinos dropping off the cliff into our base but a wall of spikes along the cliff edge stopped that from happening.

Archived