ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

Why not make the carbonemys immune to the shock effect of the jellyfish and harvest more toxin since reall turtles eat them anyway.It may be also a way to make them usefull since nobody really bothers taming one. Also  Is there any plan to add more weather events like tornadoes,hail or even earthquakes or meteor showers?.

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Johnny5X said:

Why not make the carbonemys immune to the shock effect of the jellyfish and harvest more toxin since reall turtles eat them anyway.It may be also a way to make them usefull since nobody really bothers taming one. Also  Is there any plan to add more weather events like tornadoes,hail or even earthquakes or meteor showers?.

Cool idea, me likey.  

Turtles are very popular.  They're a living, fighting Vault, for many people.

12 hours ago, Jim359 said:

Isn't the same, there aren't categories of suggestions, and devs aren't able to labeling/answering the suggestions and can't be sorted by votes to know what are the suggestions more desired.. etc...

18 hours ago, Neizan said:

Hello, can you make a "uservoice.com" webpage to manage player suggestions and players voting suggestions? please

With this webpage-tool we (the community) can create new suggestions to this amazing game. And you can see how important is the suggestion for the community with the community votes. And you (the devs) can make new "labels" to this suggestions, like "next path" "not going to do" "a little further out", "at the back door", etc.

Some examples about how it works:

https://wpdev.uservoice.com/forums/110705-universal-windows-platform

https://crowdin.uservoice.com/forums/31787-collaborative-translation-tool

https://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio-ide

btw: You can create new categories, also; like "ark survival evolved", "ark survival of the fittest", "ark scorched earth" or

"feature ideas", "balance suggestions", "bugs", "crashes", "exploits", etc.

I really think this tool will help the development team see what improvements the community wants to make this great game even better!

12 hours ago, Jim359 said:

What's wrong with.... https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/forum/64-game-suggestions/  ?

Isn't the same, there aren't categories of suggestions, and devs aren't able to labeling/answering the suggestions and can't be sorted by votes to know what are the suggestions more desired.. etc...

I am playing on Scorched Earth and farm a lot with the Mantis cause it can carry so much and it is really fast. But most of the other players prefere the anky because it farm more metal than the Mantis. And I was thinking about if it would be possible to give the Mantis a little "upgrade". Like the males will be smaller but have long wings so they can probably fly but have a medium weight like Pteranodons and the females are a bit bigger and can carry much. I think it would be more interessting to farm with it.

An update on XBox-PC Crossplay would be awesome, especially since the last official word I've seen on the issue was a promise for a news update to be delivered in January.

The inability to host real private servers on XBox has been the only thing keeping my friends and me from returning to an otherwise awesome game since last Fall, and we'd all love an update.

2 mour questions i have. Why is there Titans in pve?  There is no point to them in pve. they function i as a siege  engine in pvp . thats cool for THEM. but for us pve'rs  that only want to tame beat the bossesmake cool bases. we dont sit online all day planning each other demises  thinking about territory Wed rather . raise babys lol. Theres no point in Titans esp only being able to tame them for 19 hours and then they die. . They are only used by griefers to  destroy  bases while other tribes are offline. which brings me to my other question The Golems. why does there throw attack go though  walls? why  can they still destroy walls gates . and any stone buildings u may have. if none of your dinos are close to the walls and all them are on passive. theres no sense they shouldnt be able to do anything. every other dino doesnt.  .Griefers on SE love them.

1.  The work done on Kaprosuchus and Baryonyx (wish I could fish from these guys(see my previous post on this subject, heh)) is very nice and greatly improved over some older models.  I'm speaking mostly of Sarco, Coel and SaberSalmon when I refer to older models.  These particular models have very rigid bodies and are ugly compared to the Kap and Bary.  Do you plan on "re-visiting" these older models to make them as nice as the new models?

2.  Anychance we could random location underground spawns of truffles?  Of course we would need a dino-hog to find them too. Of course...

Would you consider adding some other method of getting element besides killing the bosses such as a mini-boss in each cave that drops much fewer quantities of element than the normal bosses?

It seems to me like an extremely small fraction of the player base (I'd guess 1-5%) have access to a lot of the new Tek content, and even out of those few players that have it, they probably can't build up enough of it to really play around with it or use it to it's fullest.

There are three servers that I play on Xbox One. Each of them are one of the main maps (Island, Center, and Scorched Earth). Is there anyway you can make it to where they can be connected by the ark transfer system but not transferable from outside servers? We'd like to connect the three so we can have the ability to add map exclusive dinos without admin commands or outside servers to help keep trolls at bay as a plus. Also is there a way to tweak single player settings such as difficulty to match that of official? And is there going to be a way to rent servers for console?

Tek Tier Question: When will we see boss arenas for the Center. Currently, it is impossible to use Tek Tier there.

Last question: Are you going to release the Phoenix any time soon?

• Jen unpinned this topic
  • Jatheish pinned this topic

Archived