ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would you be able to....

1.  Parrot stand for Dimorphadons.  Carry dimo on shoulder, hold E on a converted standing torch (now T shaped) select the "mount" option on the wheel,  dimo moves from shoulder to stand.

2.  Building.  I know there is a limit on how many parts can be in a area.  I know the number parts comps have to render can affect perfomance.  That is about all I know.  Wouldn't larger wall panels cut down on problems?  Dino gates are equivalent 2x4 wall panels in size.  Many of us make bases with these as "doors"  thus we need 4 wall panels to match the gate size.  Wouldn't a new wall section that is the equivalent 1x4 cut down on GPU demands?  Same for pillars I have some rather tall pillars,  Some new choices, say 2,4,6,8,10,20 tall pillar sections.  Ceiling sections, 1x2, 2x2, 4x4, 1x2, 2x4, 4x4, etc etc tec

All kinds of different panels and sizes could be useful.

Or we could be allowed to "fuse" a section together maybe?  Add an option to the wheel with repair/destroy.  example,  I click a wall section, wheel opens, I select "fuse", all the sections from the foundation to the first ceiling become one wall section.  We could customize our own wall sections this way.

3.  DNA samples.  DNA samples from dinos could be stored in new cryogenic freezers for beeding.  The two DNA samples are added to Chemestry Bench with an unfertilized egg.  Presto, egg is now fertilized with the DNA samples.  Samples are placed back into cryo, ie not used up.  This could cut down on dino tames that must be kept and reduce load on servers.

4.  Pitchfork.  New tool, used to pick up raw fertilizer (aka poop).  Basic engram could have a range of say 1 meter.  Dropped prints could increase pickup range .5cm per percentage, or some such.

5.  Plant Species X.  Let plants gain xp for kills.  We could be give several choices to spend level points on, such as, range, dmg, reduced ammo use per shot.  Small bonuses, to keep balanced.  But would also encourage making the plants survival more significant.

6.  Spiked collars for wolves.  No saddle for this critter = major fighting handicap.  Spiked collar would allow AC and look cool as hell.

this is mostly a cut n paste from a thread I started in Game Suggestions a few weeks back.

On 2/24/2017 at 8:30 PM, TedyBearOfDeath said:

Not sure why you think they plan on bringing it back. It wasnt supposed to be there in the first place, they just forgot to turn it off at first. Not being able to pick stuff up stinks I know but thats what the settings are on officail PVE so if you dont like it play player dedi or pvp

First of all flyer carry is what was not enabled 2nd it's a main mechanic of those dinos specifically the giant squids ability to grab and leech life off of what ever it haves in its mouth have you tamed a squid? How about a megalosaurus?  Remove the hindrance of the mega during the day and maybe we can forget about its grab mechanics on the other hand it's a very useful method used for taming on pve before it was removed.

Imprint Aid potion.

New drug made of narcs, berries, flowers, eggs, shrooms, eyeofnewt, rhino horn, tiger penis, <insert whatever here>.  Combine all  the ingredients (you WC, decide to require) in a cooker and make a new "baby" sleeping potion.  Each potion knocks out a baby X hours.  The Imprinter has to be able to do basic math (a lot of you are screwed, lol) and figure out how many to force feed the baby.

Example:  I cant be back to play for 11 hours.  Each Baby Ambien will keep junior asleep for 30 minutes.  So I force feed 22 BA's on junior.  Junior is now asleep untill I get back from <insert your reason here> .  Could also make a counter agent to wake a sleeping baby (stupid thing to do, never wake a sleeping baby, or dog).

edit: to be clear, this stops the imprint/feeding timers.  You'd get no credit time wise for a sleeping baby.

5 hours ago, janesta said:

First of all flyer carry is what was not enabled 2nd it's a main mechanic of those dinos specifically the giant squids ability to grab and leech life off of what ever it haves in its mouth have you tamed a squid? How about a megalosaurus?  Remove the hindrance of the mega during the day and maybe we can forget about its grab mechanics on the other hand it's a very useful method used for taming on pve before it was removed.

Yup have both, I play on a PVE player dedi with "PVE flyer carry" enabled. One of the reasons I'll never go back to officails. The setting was created when flyers were the only thing that could carry hense the name but its purpose is to prevent players on pve from being able to carry at all because people on pve officails cant handle not being jerks. They admitted not including the kapro, megalo, and squid with the disabled "PVE Flyer Carry" was an oversight. Just because it means that those creatures will have less purpose on PVE doesnt really mean anything as there are plenty of dinos whos main purpose is PVP based. Procoptodon, tapajera, onyc, araneo, Chalicotherium, mesopithicos, purlovia, troodon, microraptor, arthopluera, pegomastix, and so on. Of course any creature that can attack, deffend, or be ridden has a PVE purpose but that doesnt mean it wasnt designed for PVP like every other creature. You have to realize that PVE has always and will always come second to WC.

4 minutes ago, spoop said:

Has it been considered to give the oviraptor a forage mode? Just something to make it more than just a benchwarmer creature that never leaves the walls.

something along the lines of if the oviraptor moves a certain distance from its starting point it will dig up a random egg based on what biome it's currently in.

it has but the thing is that the ovi. When it picks up the eggs it also eats the eggs..lol

Could we ever be seeing console mods? I know Ark has always been a game that is very open to modding, and is a large part of PC ark. However on console, could be possible to implement a feature like Skyrim special edition where mod authors can upload mods to say "survive the ark.com" and have them available to console players to download and enjoy? I know this would take alot of work, but it would be one of those features that would make Ark even more of a best seller on console. What do you think?

12 hours ago, Jim359 said:

1.  Parrot stand for Dimorphadons.  Carry dimo on shoulder, hold E on a converted standing torch (now T shaped) select the "mount" option on the wheel,  dimo moves from shoulder to stand.

2.  Building.  I know there is a limit on how many parts can be in a area.  I know the number parts comps have to render can affect perfomance.  That is about all I know.  Wouldn't larger wall panels cut down on problems?  Dino gates are equivalent 2x4 wall panels in size.  Many of us make bases with these as "doors"  thus we need 4 wall panels to match the gate size.  Wouldn't a new wall section that is the equivalent 1x4 cut down on GPU demands?  Same for pillars I have some rather tall pillars,  Some new choices, say 2,4,6,8,10,20 tall pillar sections.  Ceiling sections, 1x2, 2x2, 4x4, 1x2, 2x4, 4x4, etc etc tec

All kinds of different panels and sizes could be useful.

Or we could be allowed to "fuse" a section together maybe?  Add an option to the wheel with repair/destroy.  example,  I click a wall section, wheel opens, I select "fuse", all the sections from the foundation to the first ceiling become one wall section.  We could customize our own wall sections this way.

3.  DNA samples.  DNA samples from dinos could be stored in new cryogenic freezers for beeding.  The two DNA samples are added to Chemestry Bench with an unfertilized egg.  Presto, egg is now fertilized with the DNA samples.  Samples are placed back into cryo, ie not used up.  This could cut down on dino tames that must be kept and reduce load on servers.

4.  Pitchfork.  New tool, used to pick up raw fertilizer (aka poop).  Basic engram could have a range of say 1 meter.  Dropped prints could increase pickup range .5cm per percentage, or some such.

5.  Plant Species X.  Let plants gain xp for kills.  We could be give several choices to spend level points on, such as, range, dmg, reduced ammo use per shot.  Small bonuses, to keep balanced.  But would also encourage making the plants survival more significant.

6.  Spiked collars for wolves.  No saddle for this critter = major fighting handicap.  Spiked collar would allow AC and look cool as hell.

+100

5 hours ago, KraziestKraken said:

Could we ever be seeing console mods? I know Ark has always been a game that is very open to modding, and is a large part of PC ark. However on console, could be possible to implement a feature like Skyrim special edition where mod authors can upload mods to say "survive the ark.com" and have them available to console players to download and enjoy? I know this would take alot of work, but it would be one of those features that would make Ark even more of a best seller on console. What do you think?

Yes! Monster Hunter mod plez!!

Will we see any different ammo types for weapons besides the longneck rifle and crossbow, or maybe a revamp to the current system so we can have attachments and ammo types at the same time? A system to change them on the fly would also be very useful, maybe holding reload brings up a radial menu similar to the whistle menu?

• Jen unpinned this topic
  • Jatheish pinned this topic

Archived