beacons so much better in SE?

Jostabeere

So I started playing SE in Singleplayer some times ago. And I would like to know. Is it just my insane luck, did I change any .ini without knowing it, or are the beacon drops so much better in comparsion to The Island?

Purple, Yellow and Red beacons actually give a lot of BPs, Actual items like weapons, tools, wind generators and so on. Not a poopty Crop Plot and compass BP. Almost everya beacon has pretty good loot.

Before the double drop yellow ring things, flamethrower ammo bp and such were getting out of hand, just like compass and water jar and medium crop plot bps on the Island. After that it was increased a bit as far as usefulness of rewards, and now Scorched drop loot tables were increased even further in update 254. I believe loot tables for drops on the Island must also have been increased, as I found a jman longneck rifle bp in a double yellow drop just a few days ago. That was completely unheard of previously, and the only way to get longneck rifle bps was in caves or ocean drops. Something must have changed. I definitely think the Island drops could be improved in less expensive ways though, something as simple as including the occasional metal tools or stone building supplies would be very good.

2 hours ago, Nim said:

Before the double drop yellow ring things, flamethrower ammo bp and such were getting out of hand, just like compass and water jar and medium crop plot bps on the Island. After that it was increased a bit as far as usefulness of rewards, and now Scorched drop loot tables were increased even further in update 254. I believe loot tables for drops on the Island must also have been increased, as I found a jman longneck rifle bp in a double yellow drop just a few days ago. That was completely unheard of previously, and the only way to get longneck rifle bps was in caves or ocean drops. Something must have changed. I definitely think the Island drops could be improved in less expensive ways though, something as simple as including the occasional metal tools or stone building supplies would be very good.

i can understand the raise in quality on Scorched specifically. first, to promote the DLC and secondly, if it gets overpowered then less people would take advantage of it. haven't personally played Scorched in a while so can't comment on the balance right now but definitely have my thoughts on Island drops. like, loot table and quality has to be totally revamped. with the 2x ratings, people are powering through the early stages so when they finally get their first ptera to do beacon farming, they'll already be running in hide/chiti. and usually the colors you can access have lower tier gear than what you've gotten. like the caves are so dangerous that once you are strong enough to peek in, you wont find any use for the cloth/stone tools you get in the caves. 

*longneck isn't and never was in the deep sea loot

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Scorched Earth is a tougher map so the loot crates should be a little bit more rewarding, we also made some changes to them fairly recently (which should be on all platforms by now). Still plan to making changes to the Island, but it's not high-priority. Though it's funny.. you'd think the desert would offer Survivors more water jars, eh? 

3 hours ago, Jat said:

Scorched Earth is a tougher map so the loot crates should be a little bit more rewarding, we also made some changes to them fairly recently (which should be on all platforms by now). Still plan to making changes to the Island, but it's not high-priority. Though it's funny.. you'd think the desert would offer Survivors more water jars, eh? 

When you say changes do you mean you have nerfed the loot table or added loot?

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

This there anyway to tell if its a ring drop from a distance?  I constantly farm yellow and red drops hoping for a longneck because without an upgraded version of the longneck u might as well stick with a normal crossbow.  Crossbow has way higher dps for torpor and the longnecks require an unrealistic cost in narcos.  3x the drug for a 1.5x gain and a reload time that takes twice as long...Doesn't feel lik an upgrade...

1 hour ago, Onimusha759 said:

This there anyway to tell if its a ring drop from a distance?  I constantly farm yellow and red drops hoping for a longneck because without an upgraded version of the longneck u might as well stick with a normal crossbow.  Crossbow has way higher dps for torpor and the longnecks require an unrealistic cost in narcos.  3x the drug for a 1.5x gain and a reload time that takes twice as long...Doesn't feel lik an upgrade...

You can see the ring from some distance, but it's hard to tell because the light from the beacon over shines it.

For the longneck: They are extremely important for taming because they do way less damage for the torpor than the crossbow. There are dinos with a high chance to die, if you use a crossbow but 0% chance if you use a longneck.

Ya ik theres a few out there lik that, but they often small and can b bolaed and clubed or slinged.  I prefer my longneck but the narco rip off and torpor dps suck.  Thn theres no bio toxin on SE so u cant get the shock dart hurts it even more.  Usually if i kill sumthing with my bow i just blow it off as it being 1 that has its points allocated poorly and wasnt worth taming anyways lol

11 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Ya ik theres a few out there lik that, but they often small and can b bolaed and clubed or slinged.  I prefer my longneck but the narco rip off and torpor dps suck.  Thn theres no bio toxin on SE so u cant get the shock dart hurts it even more.  Usually if i kill sumthing with my bow i just blow it off as it being 1 that has its points allocated poorly and wasnt worth taming anyways lol

Depends if you want the tame for directly putting it to work or as a base line for your breeding. On breeding you want most levels allocated in only one stat. The low HP dino you killed could have a very high damage stat.

Archived