ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Shin said:

Could we get an option for non dedi and private servers to be able to pick up wild dinos on pve mode? From what I understand there are ways to do this on pc but the only thing we have on console is "allowflyercarryPVE" and it doesn't permit us to do this. Would be a nice option for people who only play with friends. Thanks!

Are you sure you have it set?  I used that setting on the Xbox console and it works for picking up players and dinos in PVE mode unless they changed it recently.

On 12/15/2016 at 10:18 AM, Bacon8RColby said:

I asked about the side by side splitscreen a while ago and they did say that they would add this option into the game. (thanks devs!)  And as I understand it they will be doing more UI improvements when the game gets closer to its official release.  I would like to echo this as well, it is pretty close to impossible to read the UI and items in splitscreen, and I'm playing on a 65" TV, ha ha! 

I can agree with that! Thanks too! Glad there'll be a side by side option.

With the full cross-transfer now enabled Tribe alliances have become way more important. As such, would we be able to get some options to go along with alliances like being able to ride alliance dinos or access locked doors? These could be set much like the tribe governance is by alliance admins. Thanks for everything ark devs!! :D

Will you ever be adding any magic to ark? Looking at the pattern of updates and the tek tier coming out soon I feel there could be expansion for more magical options for example using a spell to enhance a tame for a few seconds or even turning your opponent into a chicken for a few seconds would be a good feature. Very basic ideas I know but just wanted to ask the question as certain maps would fit this element especially the centre and having Special drops in caves related to this could fit in nicely. 

can we get a disable pick-up option on dinos that we can pick up so their inventory can be accessed or eggs be picked up without picking up the dino?

will the new ark park cost anything for those of us who own the game on steam, ps4 or both?

craft-able armor display stands that show the full set of armor colored and all?

console controller layout for pc?

1 hour ago, Nartillius said:

can we get a disable pick-up option on dinos that we can pick up so their inventory can be accessed or eggs be picked up without picking up the dino?

On PC there's the F button to access inventories. I don't know anything about console controls... Maybe check the controller settings? ;)

1 hour ago, spoop said:

During the charity stream it was mentioned that the ocean would be getting a major makeover.

Does that mean we will have actual biomes like kelp forests and reefs with unique spawns? 

It would be nice too, if they remove some underwater rock-formations, because there aren't really open water areas to just sprint through. ATM you have to avoid rocks every couple of seconds if you are a little closer to the ocean's floor.

I would like to be able to set a limit break for my alliances. Say your tribe inflicts X any of damage from an allied tribe. You could set a couple parameters which dictate an automatic dissolving of an alliance. Your asked decided to fly into your base being ignored by turrets and start poking/shooting your tames. If X number of dinos are killed by an ally, or X amt of damage was taken (example 15,000 damage over 1 minute) or have a specific setting of aggression to target allied forces when under attack by them. You don't just accidentally do enough damage to break a wall or lol kill a giga. There should be some way to allow your base/tames to defend themselves against traitors.

A few questions for you guys.

Are there any creatures that you plan to release as a surprise? Something that won't be announced upon release and is totally amazing. 

What creature are you most proud of? Which creature was/is the hardest to make? And is there an idea you want to make but can't?

You say you will have a lot of work done on the AI and you have given some hints as to what we can expect. But, just how in depth will these be? Will it bring the game to more life or will it simply be minor things like drinking and some pack/herd behavior? 

Is there any chance of giving more server options? Some idea's: 1) Show max lvl of creatures instead of difficulty, and letting it go far higher than currently. 2) Randomizing spawns. 3) Completely random player spawn locations. 

Will you ever address the issue of dino parts sticking through things? Such as a bronto tail going through walls, or a rex head through a wall? 

When you guys start bug fixing, what will your focus be on? *coughbuildingcough*

Are there any building parts you guys plan to add? Aside from things in the tek tier that we don't know about yet. 

On 14/12/2016 at 9:25 PM, coldfiresun said:

The user @3mptylord has made a massive post with amazing ideas and possible changes called "Gameplay and Quality of Life Improvements" I agree with like 95% of them is there any chance that some of his/her ideas will be incorporated into the game as they are fantastic!

Oh wow, thanks for the highlight. ^_^

Here's a link to the thread:

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived