When is primal survival coming out

Saberscar224

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/20/2016 at 9:44 PM, GamerPerfection said:

Link to what? That it is still in development, or that it will be free? They've said in loads of places it will be free.

Hey gamer. Was just trying to get your attention. Is there any recent unofficial news that you might know about as far as primal goes? Don't worry I get that a complete conversion takes awhile and I am not here to complain but even if it's not a for sure thing any info you could give(even unconfirmed) would be awesome. Even if you are just giving your best guess know what I mean? Is it half way done? Or close to the finish line?

• 2 months later...
29 minutes ago, TheInverse said:

Definetely not, they would've of released the teaser video for it if they were gunna just cancel it. There's also no announcements or anything on it being cancelled. I'd expect it before 2018, maybe not too soon though.

It will definitely be after the official release though for sure. They seem like they are kicking it into get as far as releasing the game now. 

Unfortunately I would probably say Jan 2018 for primal.

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, Kurbbie said:

Its better be free tbis game isnt even released yet and youve already charged for a full game to get the pay to win items. 

Technically there is no winning in ARK just surviving, however, the closest thing to winning would be ascension, and you can achieve ascension without having SE, so no it's not really pay to win items.

3 hours ago, GP said:

Technically there is no winning in ARK just surviving, however, the closest thing to winning would be ascension, and you can achieve ascension without having SE, so no it's not really pay to win items.

*marches by carrying flaming arrows, homing rockets, cluster grenades, flame thrower, and a chainsaw, pauses to give a shifty glance around and whistles for the golem to follow.*

:Jerbmad:

(Jokes aside, WTB Primal survival.)

6 hours ago, GP said:

You cant make fire arrows or get a dragon without SE. Or oil pota or flamethrowers. So yea pay to win.

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, Kurbbie said:

You cant make fire arrows or get a dragon without SE. Or oil pota or flamethrowers. So yea pay to win.

Do you need fire arrows and dragon to kill the bosses? No, because you can't take Dragons to anything but Manticore Arena.

Therefore as I said the closest thing to winning is ascension, and therefore nothing on SE is required to win.

Of course it depends on your definition of winning, but surviving =/= winning.

22 minutes ago, ranger1presents said:

Also, if I remember correctly, the only thing exclusive to the SE expansion is the map.  Everything else can be obtained one way or another on the island without your needing to own the expansion.  Kind of hard to make a case for "pay to win" when everyone can easily get those items.

Most of the people who say pay2win do not even have a clue what the concept of p2w is. They see content you need to pay for, and assume it's p2w.

You cannot fight these people with logic or arguments.

57 minutes ago, GP said:

Do you need fire arrows and dragon to kill the bosses? No, because you can't take Dragons to anything but Manticore Arena.

Therefore as I said the closest thing to winning is ascension, and therefore nothing on SE is required to win.

Of course it depends on your definition of winning, but surviving =/= winning.

Raiding bases with plant x almost requires flame arrows. Especially on no tame. Ascension wont be happening on no tame.

10 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

Most of the people who say pay2win do not even have a clue what the concept of p2w is. They see content you need to pay for, and assume it's p2w.

You cannot fight these people with logic or arguments.

Pay to qin means paying for items you cannot have and give you an edge, is pay to win. Fire arrows, pay to win, oil pots, pay to win, flamethrower, chainsaw, etc. Pay to win

Dont think you understand actually.

36 minutes ago, ranger1presents said:

Also, if I remember correctly, the only thing exclusive to the SE expansion is the map.  Everything else can be obtained one way or another on the island without your needing to own the expansion.  Kind of hard to make a case for "pay to win" when everyone can easily get those items.

I cant get sulphur and cant make fore arrows

• 5 months later...

So, a long time ago, studio wildcard revealed the fact that they're adding a game mode to ark which is going to be a total conversion alike primitive plus, this is called Primal Survival, if you haven't seen the youtube official trailer, I recommend you watch it now Here , because it looks absolutely amazing ! Of course any sane person would love this, lots of my friends are fascinated such a thing exists, some of them thought I was lying, but of course when you hear about something like this so long before it comes out, you are going to anticipate it and build it up in your head, which I have been doing, and I've been thinking about writing forum posts on the official survivetheark website, so I thought this would be the perfect time and reason to do so. I've played ark since it was long into early access, and I love it, it's totally worth every penny it costs and with abberation right around the corner, it akes you think, have wildcard forgot about Primal Survival, or is it something they're working on to bring out as soon as possible ? I currently play ark on PS4 along with 10's of thousands of other fellow ark survivors and this is something we can all look forward to. I have always read all ark patch notes whenever they're released and whenever I can, s I wondered what I could find on this topic!

I've started by taking a look at the official ark Game Pedia and as it says below V Ark Primal Survival is an upcoming Total Conversion for the ark survival evolved game. As it also says, It was 

originally planned to be released in February 2017, as is clear now and below, it hasn't been released. But stuff happens! Development can go according t plan or the opposite, so they're probably working out some kinks at the moment

image.thumb.png.bc530a252d85dbce138b4006d8b19d2c.png

I then researched the topic some more to see what I could find and saw that a recurring topic was "Ark Primal Survival Cancelled?"

image.thumb.png.ead489c09a8c680d8d65699ad81ae496.png

But in the same discussion I saw that it was delayed, which was what I thought originally, but within this there are mixed arguements, and it seems that everyone agrees it has been delayed, whether we like it or not, so the true question is, are we right, that like many other game features, like renting PS4 and XB1 servers which was expected for mid January thsi year and we didn't get the option until the end of August, it may be another feature that'sjust had a lot of delays, which is understandable, becuase it's a big conversion for the game because they'd have to make all of the mating mechanics and the new camera points of view for all of the dino's for the players the get the best playing experience, because you didn't buy ark for minecraft quality graphics, which could potentially be what it is if it's released when it's not ready. But if you look around on youtube you can find a selection of videos that already seem to have got this conversion. From what I have seen through research, it has been made into a mod on steam, which you can see in This Youtube VideoWhich I haven't watched fully myself, so I don't know how appropriate it is for this topic, but I thought I'd include it, because, if this conversion IS released, this UI featured in the video could potentially be what we are going to be seeing when we get ark Primal Survival released to us.

Some more information I've found through my research is

""

Ark: Primal Survival is coming later this year. Here’s how it works:

“ARK: Primal Survival is an upcoming Total Conversion where survivors will be able to play, live, and breed as any of the ARK’s creatures! Survivors will experience full survival mechanics and lifecycles, including mating, growing, recruiting more creatures to your ‘pack,’ even constructing primitive dens.”

Transforming into dinosaurs and mating with your best pals to have precious children and form a pack that will ultimately be torn apart by the lascivious jaws of death? Kinky.

Each creature lives a different sort of life, too. In a Steam post, Wildcard offered examples ranging from coordinating attacks on other species as a prowling band of raptors to crawling around in caves and poisoning victims as a giant goddamn spider that can raptor off and die, if you ask me. Or you can start a bear family, which apparently involves lots of cuddling and fishing. Conspicuously, Wildcard does not mention mauling at all, suggesting to me that they’ve never met, seen, or even read about an actual bear.

It all sounds really neat, and I’m interested to see what’ll happen when players get their hands on the mode. My guess: definitely not what Wildcard is expecting, no matter what that is.

Reference

I've also read the fact that in the game mode, you can also pay as a human and that you can be attacked by dinosaurs that are being controlled by other players. But sommething that is confusing me is whether or not the player controlled dinos can be KO and tamed, or if they are and don't want to, if that dino character is taken over by AI or if it is just destroyed, which wouldn't be fair for the human, so would there just not be the element of taming, or would there be people taking and leaving control of dinos as they join and leave ?

So I think that this is a great shell of a game mode, but from what i've found there's a lot of work to be done by wildcard, and that this gamemode is a long way from complete. I would estimate it to be released in around July 2018, because there would be a lot of developing for them to do, and they do take a while to get things into the game, and this would take considerably longer due to the fact it's a massive conversion that turns ark on its head, so this is something we can all be hyped for. 

I am going to be updating this topic whenever I get new info so keep checking back, I am going to be tweeting Jat and the rest of the Studio Wildcard Community Team, and seeing what responses I get, so If I get any good Informtion, I will definetely add it in here.

• 1 month later...

Archived