Rock Elementals exploited to raid people in PvE

RNGesus

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems like you don't really understand what PvE means and how it's meant to be played. In PvP you are meant to defend yourself from other players as well as wild dinos, so you build high walls, grow plant X turrets, and put down various turrets. In PvE you are meant to defend yourself ONLY from wild dinos. That's it. End of story. High walls are only needed if your base is near a large carnivore spawn. Plant X are only needed if you live near a large carnivore or argy spawn. Turrets are NEVER needed. Turrets and the bullets to maintain them are simply a waste of resources in PvE, and that's how it is meant to be. PvE is for taming what you want to tame and building what you want to build and doing whatever you wish to do without having to worry about other players. It is not for thinking about how to increase base defenses to protect you from other players, and a PvE player should sure as hell not have to log out of Ark for the night and be afraid to log on the next day because some asshole griefer might have done something they shouldn't be able to do.

Just because PvE players now need to defend themselves with PvP tactics does not mean they should have to. The only reason it is necessary is because Wildcard has abandoned PvE by changing banning guidelines. Which means reporting a griefing gets you absolutely nothing but a fake, insincere "we're sorry but we won't help you because they haven't done anything wrong." And that pisses off a lot of people. PvE players need to fight this. They need to be outraged. They need to let Wildcard know that this ridiculous decision to essentially give free reign to griefers in PvE will not be accepted.

Given the population of official PvE servers these days, it boggles the mind why Wildcard would decide to abandon PvE. Over the past 2 months I've watched a few dozen of my friends and acquaintances stop playing the game.

Lot of PvE players just move to unofficial servers where admins are more active and the player base gets along a lot more.  I left officials a long time ago after getting non-stop griefed by a bunch of 12 year olds on the pvp server my friend and I played on, then by non-english speakers on the primitive+ servers kiting stuff into peoples bases, pillaring to block people from building, etc

Much better now that we run a server with a good community.  I highly suggest people who have issues on official give unofficials a try.  The side effect of this also happens to work out that if everyone stopped playing PvE on officials then the devs might finally notice there is a problem and do something about it.

7 hours ago, vonholtz said:

Yes sure show proof. How the person who started this post was not even on line when it happened. And most of the time I have heard of this happening. It been to people off line. Trolls do not wait around for people to take screenshots. They do this to people not on at the time.  I do not blame the Dev or GM. They can not take side with out proof. But again I blame people making a chose to be a bully or be a asshat to people who just want to play the game. Again you miss my point. If people showed respect for there fellow PvE players the game would be a better place to play. Sad part people today do not know what courteous or respect mean. 

I do blame the GMs there is enough evidence, they simply dont care about PvE.

3 hours ago, mndfreeze said:

Lot of PvE players just move to unofficial servers where admins are more active and the player base gets along a lot more.  I left officials a long time ago after getting non-stop griefed by a bunch of 12 year olds on the pvp server my friend and I played on, then by non-english speakers on the primitive+ servers kiting stuff into peoples bases, pillaring to block people from building, etc

Much better now that we run a server with a good community.  I highly suggest people who have issues on official give unofficials a try.  The side effect of this also happens to work out that if everyone stopped playing PvE on officials then the devs might finally notice there is a problem and do something about it.

This. On Unofficial, on a GOOD Unofficial, the admin will take the evidence, call the griefer out, then spawn a titan on his base and make him watch before banning him. At least that's what I'd do, but I'll admit I have no respect for people who do this unprovoked and for self-gratification.

Just witnessed this on 939. A tribe called All Haill kited 4 golems into someone's base and destroyed it. Killed all there Dino's and destroyed all there building. The base was surrounded in stone Dino and behemoth gates. The golem went threw them and then he led them around the base. He hovered over the doors and the rock golems went through. So unlike everything else on the game. The golem doesn't have to be agro on your stuff to destroy it. This needs to be fixed, but I'm guessing they are to busy doing other things than to fix this and other serious issues like disconnects. I hear there is or may be a class action suit against them, but idk that's another convo.

Not sure how long you people have been playing ark but in a game like this no matter if you're playing PvP or PvE bottom line is you cannot trust anyone. 

People are always going to raid and will always find ways to exploit the game.

Your best bet is to play on a good unofficial dedicated server.

I created a PvP server and its made the game so much more enjoyable for my tribe and everyone else that's playing.

We had a tribe go around on our SE server wiping out a lot of tribes with rock golums ~ We hadn't transferred our gigas yet with much regret or our Dinos would have been fine :( ~ People shouldn't be able to aggro things on your base in pve and that a rock elemental can damage your gates without you or your dinos aggravating it is very unfair ~ This is something that really needs to be fixed, please WC 

• 3 months later...

I just started scorched about 2 weeks ago and learned quickly I will need a metal base. There is one tribe in particular that threatens people and if you don't do what they want they taunt you while luring an elemental to your base (most obvious case of grieving I have ever seen). Since it is very difficult for me to keep my mouth shut when someone is being a bully I decided the best thing for me to do is build a metal base first. Then I will encourage everyone to screen shot the conversation and report them without fear of retaliation.

Luckily on the island we have 6 snails and a base with an industrial forge on the volcano... so metal structures come pretty easily.

Keep you animals in doors, build your exterior building walls with metal, keep a giga or two in the exterior of your base. A tamed giga will absolutely wreck a wild golem, in seconds. Sure it would be possible for them to train more than one golem, but it's also possible for your giga to kill more than one. Need more protection? Get two giga. 

Yes it's pve. Yes griefing sucks. Yes gigas and golems and wyverns are a pain to raise/tame on official. But you know what sucks worse? Ignoring the ignorance and general disregard for others in the world and seeing all that you worked so hard for destroyed. 

TL:DR there are ways you can protect yourself from grief. If you took those steps the guilty parties would leave you alone. There will ALWAYS be people out to ruin your fun for the sake of their own fun. Even if they get banned for it. In pve that's what the survival element of this game is. Preserving your work until you decide you are done. No amount of GMs can save you. You must do it yourself. 

1 hour ago, Kaelnayyan said:

Keep you animals in doors, build your exterior building walls with metal, keep a giga or two in the exterior of your base. A tamed giga will absolutely wreck a wild golem, in seconds. Sure it would be possible for them to train more than one golem, but it's also possible for your giga to kill more than one. Need more protection? Get two giga. 

Yes it's pve. Yes griefing sucks. Yes gigas and golems and wyverns are a pain to raise/tame on official. But you know what sucks worse? Ignoring the ignorance and general disregard for others in the world and seeing all that you worked so hard for destroyed. 

TL:DR there are ways you can protect yourself from grief. If you took those steps the guilty parties would leave you alone. There will ALWAYS be people out to ruin your fun for the sake of their own fun. Even if they get banned for it. In pve that's what the survival element of this game is. Preserving your work until you decide you are done. No amount of GMs can save you. You must do it yourself. 

This is way too much work for the average PVE player just so they can have a little fun in ARK.

I've left the officials for this reason and a few others. I'll be playing on unofficials until this sort of thing is resolved. Why deal with A-holes when there are servers that have admins that remove these people?

• 3 months later...
On 11/7/2016 at 9:11 AM, Jaywall said:

You can kill them with lightning wyverns

Well, you could kill them with a jerboa. It would just take too long. Same with most wyverns. The wyvern would be dead before they can do enough damage to the RE. 

I had the exact same problem. My solution? I brought three raised gigas to my server, built 5 high metal walls around my land  so an on ground RE (Rock Elemental) can't aggro inside my base. If anyone uses the ramp method, my gigas on neutral will kill a 150 RE in around 30 seconds without enraging.

Nothing is 100% but this method has discouraged our servers griefers.

On July 9, 2017 at 10:57 PM, Shidoshisan said:

Well, you could kill them with a jerboa. It would just take too long. Same with most wyverns. The wyvern would be dead before they can do enough damage to the RE. 

I had the exact same problem. My solution? I brought three raised gigas to my server, built 5 high metal walls around my land  so an on ground RE (Rock Elemental) can't aggro inside my base. If anyone uses the ramp method, my gigas on neutral will kill a 150 RE in around 30 seconds without enraging.

Nothing is 100% but this method has discouraged our servers griefers.

Wow! You responded to my post from November of last year?! Forgot about this! Time flies haha

Archived