Cross ARK Clusters!

Jatheish

11 hours ago, Nemesis851 said:

Yaaaahhhhhh Yippie ([][][][][][]) Tribe: [][][][][][] [][][][][][] has to start all over again. While the rest of us even as a level 60 with no bases, are happy to. Hopefully the issue of air drop blocking was fixed. 

Yeah but us having 6 players lvl 85+ and an established base with 180 auto turrets full of bullets, a complete kibble farm and 2 100% imprinted wyverns without using the dupe exploit it sure leave a bitter taste. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, DragonRaid said:

Yeah but us having 6 players lvl 85+ and an established base with 180 auto turrets full of bullets, a complete kibble farm and 2 100% imprinted wyverns without using the dupe exploit it sure leave a bitter taste. 

Ah damn ! I truly feel for you. Guessing you were on TheIsland as I was trapped on ScorchedEarth unable to exit. (Blocked Obelisks and EVERY drop)

Yup, solo played 11+ hours, got to level 25.

[][][][][] players are level ...... 40+ !!!!!! Good for them, they are tribing.
In under 5 hours, with one punch KOs' and I see that the servers will be right back to where they were last week.

I've over 2100hrs, so I'm no Bob, and truly ARKlove the title, but will now ABANDON "Official" (PC) cluster servers.
Send me a message NOT publicly posted (or it will be removed) As I have an idea for enjoyable gameplay,
which can include persons (male/female/kids/adults) with 2-20 hours available for fun times.

I don't care where in the world your from, Canada, Mexico, Italy, Norway, Cuba, but you will COMMUNICATE in "English" (PvPvE is ok)

I've made #N851 SOTF servers for the community, why?

FOR " F U N ", yes fun, pleasure and a place to be entertained. NOT pure destruction mode

With ' ARKlove ' to the community

Nemesis851
N851

PS. I wish you the VERY BEST at wherever you, play, and know the PASSION we the community, holds for this amazing title!

On 9/24/2016 at 0:06 AM, Jat said:

This is PC for now, we'll see how it goes though

Any plans for a Prim+ cluster? :)  Also here's a question, can you transfer FROM a normal PVE official server TO a cluster server?  It says above 'To make it clear, you will not be able to move to other Official Servers which exist outside this cluster.  ' - it doesn't state if that is the same vise versa.

On 10/15/2016 at 11:31 AM, Nemesis851 said:

Yup, solo played 11+ hours, got to level 25.

[][][][][] players are level ...... 40+ !!!!!! Good for them, they are tribing.
In under 5 hours, with one punch KOs' and I see that the servers will be right back to where they were last week.

I've over 2100hrs, so I'm no Bob, and truly ARKlove the title, but will now ABANDON "Official" (PC) cluster servers.
Send me a message NOT publicly posted (or it will be removed) As I have an idea for enjoyable gameplay,
which can include persons (male/female/kids/adults) with 2-20 hours available for fun times.

I don't care where in the world your from, Canada, Mexico, Italy, Norway, Cuba, but you will COMMUNICATE in "English" (PvPvE is ok)

I've made #N851 SOTF servers for the community, why?

FOR " F U N ", yes fun, pleasure and a place to be entertained. NOT pure destruction mode

With ' ARKlove ' to the community

Nemesis851
N851

PS. I wish you the VERY BEST at wherever you, play, and know the PASSION we the community, holds for this amazing title!

I hear you!  My buddy and my two sons just left the clusters, and likely the officials for good and started playing on a Non-Dedicated Server (NDS) in order to better get the experience we're looking for.  Once the Windows 10 "Play Anywhere" comes out, which it seems is NEVER going to come out, we're just going to use a PC to host the game and play on a Dedicated Server (DS).   The NDS isn't a terrible thing to play on with regard to items sticking around, but the atrophy of things is good, while the regeneration of things is bad.  We really hope that the Windows 10 DS option will come as the full release comes.  It's October 25th, and they're saying 4th quarter 2016 so they only have 9 weeks and 4 days left in that quarter.  

We shall see.

Cluster servers are great for PVP.  My problem is with PVE.  Why not allow PVE to just transfer to any server.  The current event really brought this to light for me.  I play on the Center.  So some pretty trees for me that's about it.  I understand locking down PVP server transfers but PVE should be wide open to all servers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Jatheish unfeatured and unpinned this topic
On 20/11/2016 at 8:25 PM, kortniechan said:

How do the clusters work?  Is this cross ark travel like summoning a boss? Where a bubble forms around you and teleports you with your dinos?

How is this diferent than uploading and downloading dinos? 

Also will private servers be able to set this up? 

Clusters are just a set of servers using a shared ClusterID. Servers with ClusterID=NAcrossark1 see each other, where servers with ClusterID=TW34M see each other.

Travel is just the act of uploading character/items/dinos, then exiting that map/server. Join another map/server (with same ClusterID) and pulling your belongings down.
Note: UPLOADING to an ARK only lasts for 24 hours holding, then is deleted

The bubble transporting is within the same map/server to challenge Boss creatures

Private servers can do it.

On 10/11/2016 at 6:35 AM, Alphaturian said:

Has anyone actually got any unofficial ones working yet? - Curious to see how it all works.

Yes, but takes a fair bit of trial and (lots of) errors. 
You can do it via hosting companies, or if you want a select group of people and password it, you can do it yourself.

With one machine and virtual machines (VM) inside, or multiple real computers (easier), they don't need to be great, just a PC made in the last 8 years, with 2G ram, some ports forwarded, firewall settings and your golden.

If you are on PC and would like to attempt it, then I suggest ASM (ARK Server Manager) website, and use the tool there.

Tip:
Install ASM on each machine (C:in its own folder ASM Software, or similar) then run it.

The way it works for me is have a network location (N: mapped drive) for the Data Directory, and the local drive (C:) for the installation.

Remember each profile needs to use the SAME ClusterID key. Example TheIsland ClusterID=TW34M, TheCenter ClusterID=TW34M, and ScorchedEarth profile ClusterID=TW34M

-------

I would also suggest reading the comments I made to some XB1 players wanting to run dedicated servers, but could only guide them on the way it actually works in PC ( see this )

Heart this if you think it helped. Cheers

Nemesis851
N851

1 hour ago, Nemesis851 said:

Clusters are just a set of servers using a shared ClusterID. Servers with ClusterID=NAcrossark1 see each other, where servers with ClusterID=TW34M see each other.

Travel is just the act of uploading character/items/dinos, then exiting that map/server. Join another map/server (with same ClusterID) and pulling your belongings down.
Note: UPLOADING to an ARK only lasts for 24 hours holding, then is deleted

The bubble transporting is within the same map/server to challenge Boss creatures

Private servers can do it.

Yes, but takes a fair bit of trial and (lots of) errors. 
You can do it via hosting companies, or if you want a select group of people and password it, you can do it yourself.

With one machine and virtual machines (VM) inside, or multiple real computers (easier), they don't need to be great, just a PC made in the last 8 years, with 2G ram, some ports forwarded, firewall settings and your golden.

If you are on PC and would like to attempt it, then I suggest ASM (ARK Server Manager) website, and use the tool there.

Tip:
Install ASM on each machine (C:in its own folder ASM Software, or similar) then run it.

The way it works for me is have a network location (N: mapped drive) for the Data Directory, and the local drive (C:) for the installation.

Remember each profile needs to use the SAME ClusterID key. Example TheIsland ClusterID=TW34M, TheCenter ClusterID=TW34M, and ScorchedEarth profile ClusterID=TW34M

-------

I would also suggest reading the comments I made to some XB1 players wanting to run dedicated servers, but could only guide them on the way it actually works in PC ( see this )

Heart this if you think it helped. Cheers

Nemesis851
N851

Wow, great info, thank you!

Seems it "might" be possible with Xbox then if it doesn't require a beefy machine to do cross cluster there then, right?  Or am I misreading that part?

Also seems like Play Anywhere windows boxes for Xbox might have that capability if it's as easy as assigning a name to a cluster.  It's not an option now that I see to set the cluster ID on Xbox.

On 30/11/2016 at 11:15 AM, mleii said:

Seems it "might" be possible with Xbox then if it doesn't require a beefy machine to do cross cluster there then, right?  Or am I misreading that part?

I honestly can't comment on anything XB1 as I stopped at X360 console. 
I've never seen how XB1 dedicated servers are setup.
Also don't know anything about 'Play Anywhere'.

But, if those servers are run on a Windows computer (really only need 2GB ram and 5 year old CPU), then I don't see why you can't put in the identifier (once the file name/setting name) is made public).

I would suggest friendly reaching out to server admins (of XB1 dedicated) to see what they've may have heard about connecting clustered servers.
Log into some open dedicated, and ask in (ingame) chat if the server admin is available (if not, when).

By talking to a number of admin, you could learn something collectively, and get it working, then help/tell others how you did it.

Best wishes
Nemesis851
N851

2 minutes ago, Nemesis851 said:

I honestly can't comment on anything XB1 as I stopped at X360 console. 
I've never seen how XB1 dedicated servers are setup.
Also don't know anything about 'Play Anywhere'.

But, if those servers are run on a Windows computer (really only need 2GB ram and 5 year old CPU), then I don't see why you can't put in the identifier (once the file name/setting name) is made public).

I would suggest friendly reaching out to server admins (of XB1 dedicated) to see what they've may have heard about connecting clustered servers.
Log into some open dedicated, and ask in (ingame) chat if the server admin is available (if not, when).

By talking to a number of admin, you could learn something collectively, and get it working, then help/tell others how you did it.

Best wishes
Nemesis851
N851

Sorry, was more a question about the server hardware requirements for hosting an ark server.  Xbox doesn't yet have any way to set up a cross ark server cluster for us regular users/admins.

Yah Im tired of this cancerous Airdrop blocking on Cross ark Cluster 3 an alpha tribe blocked off all the supply drops and obelisks making it impossible to do anything productive aross servers let alone to get better loot. Its pretty Cancerous when there's a metal pillar on every drop and a base on every obelisk

Archived