Cross ARK Clusters!

Jatheish

• Administrator

A new server has been revealed, this one is everyone’s favourite.. server ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ machine, the Cross ARK Cluster!

large.57e5b1a18e74a_ClusterServers.jpg.0

Hey Survivors!

We’ve launched some new Official PC/Xbox Servers. These function differently to the regular Official Servers on the ARK Network as they permit complete transferring; of Items, Tames, and Survivors through all 3 maps. We won’t be changing the other Official Servers to follow this behaviour, but are curious to see how these ones play out. Something very important to note is that these new servers are on their own cluster, which means they’re separated from everything else, and can only transfer within each other. To make it clear, you will not be able to move to other Official Servers which exist outside this cluster. 

List of Servers Available:

• NA-XboxCrossArkCluster1-TheIsland
  • NA-XboxCrossArkCluster1-TheCenter
  • NA-XboxCrossArkCluster1-ScorchedEarth

• EU-XboxCrossArkCluster2-TheIsland
  • EU-XboxCrossArkCluster2-TheCenter
  • EU-XboxCrossArkCluster2-ScorchedEarth

• NA-CrossARKCluster1-Scorched Earth
  • NA-CrossARKCluster1-TheCenter
  • NA-CrossARKCluster1-TheIsland

• EU-TheHundredCrossArk2-TheIsland
  • EU-TheHundredCrossArk2-TheCenter
  • EU-TheHundredCrossArk2-ScorchedEarth

• EU-XboxTheHundredCrossArk3-TheIsland
  • EU-XboxTheHundredCrossArk3-TheCenter
  • EU-XboxTheHundredCrossArk3-ScorchedEarth

Things to note about these servers:

• They are completely brand new, so the map is untouched!
  • The server difficulty has been increased to 5.0 across the board, so it will be tougher than the regular experience and higher level creatures are available.
  • They will remain online, and receive updates as other servers do.
  • These are PvP Servers

These servers are available now, so good luck Survivors and let us know what you think about them!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Jat said:

• The server difficulty has been increased to 5.0 across the board, so it will be tougher than the regular experience and higher level creatures are available.
  • These are PvP Servers

These servers are available now, so good luck Survivors and let us know what you think about them!

Oh Damn !!!

2 minutes ago, Jat said:

This is PC for now, we'll see how it goes though

Hi Jat.

Wondering if WC is going to release an Official Dedicated Server setup prg. Hosting providers, and ASM, or ARK Remote, or Steam launch properties, have had 18 pages of trying to figure out HOW to actually make the clusters in One folder vs SymLink work, or not be broken after the latest update.

I want to host a dedicated cluster with the three maps (plus the new procedurally generated ARKS), but there is No Straight Forward way of setting up listed (officially)

I do SOTF servers, with mods, and have done TheIsland OR TheCenter, but can't get the clustering hammered out.

------

Wondering if WC is going to release an Official Dedicated Server setup prg (capable of clusters, etc)

-----

Thanks.

Nemesis851

N851

I wonder if they could allow transfer from a specified machine or user only.  Like in the settings you can add a specific gamertag that's running the server or Machine ID number that will only allow transfers from that user.  This will block downloads from other servers and allow easy clustering for server hosts.

3 hours ago, jjfats said:

I wonder if they could allow transfer from a specified machine or user only.  Like in the settings you can add a specific gamertag that's running the server or Machine ID number that will only allow transfers from that user.  This will block downloads from other servers and allow easy clustering for server hosts.

Admins of a server should be able to "Summon" a creature to the server.

Transfers are strictly to/from "CLUSTER" connected servers

2 hours ago, Ike24 said:

Will these settings be available to non official servers?

There are (PC) servers already running clusters.

Cluster ~ is a unique signature that says what servers can pass data to each other. Eg. servers that have "849X9-GHT74" as a signature can pass data to each other, but could not pass character/tames/data to a cluster with the signature of "4938D-GH7634-GZX33"

If you find my comments useful please up rep them in corner of this comment

9 minutes ago, Nemesis851 said:

Cluster ~ is a unique signature that says what servers can pass data to each other. Eg. servers that have "849X9-GHT74" as a signature can pass data to each other, but could not pass character/tames/data to a cluster with the signature of "4938D-GH7634-GZX33"

If you find my comments useful please up rep them in top  right corner of this comment

Thanks, I can't play yet but I like staying updates

42 minutes ago, Nemesis851 said:

If you find my comments useful please up rep them in top  right corner of this comment

Are you seriously asking for Rep points? Sad.

4 hours ago, Jat said:

A new server has been revealed, this one is everyone’s favourite.. server ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ machine, the Cross ARK Cluster!

large.57e5b1a18e74a_ClusterServers.jpg.0

Hey Survivors!

We’ve just launched some new Official PC Servers. These function differently to the regular Official Servers on the ARK Network as they permit complete transferring; of Items, Tames, and Survivors through all 3 maps. We won’t be changing the other Official Servers to follow this behaviour, but are curious to see how these ones play out. Something very important to note is that these new servers are on their own cluster, which means they’re separated from everything else, and can only transfer within each other. To make it clear, you will not be able to move to other Official Servers which exist outside this cluster. 

List of Servers Available:

• NA-CrossARKCluster1-Scorched Earth
  • NA-CrossARKCluster1-TheCenter
  • NA-CrossARKCluster1-TheIsland

• These are PvP Servers

Why not give us a heads up about this before going live?

2 hours ago, Nemesis851 said:

If you find my comments useful please up rep them in corner of this comment

Ya I know we can summon dinos in but to have a cluster setup with xbox servers would be cool.  I was saying that one way would to have a server setting that you can put in the name of another server to allow transfers to and from only those servers.  You could put up to two other eligible server this way you can have an island , center, and scorched earth linked together.  Also if you had a friend that had a server and you had a server in different locations they could still create a cluster together.  I was saying for xbox they could use the gamertag because if its running the server that's all it can do but it would be easy to find.

5 hours ago, Soy said:

Nah.  Our tribe was really excited when we heard about this.  Said we would do it.  Then when we were told it was already live, everyone said nevermind...lol

If your tribe are half decent players then a little head start for others won't make much of a difference. We both know that.

3 hours ago, Thalantyr said:

If your tribe are half decent players then a little head start for others won't make much of a difference. We both know that.

That is not the topic.  The experience of the mad rush on a new server opening is what some enjoy.  Shouldn't be your concern how others want to play the game.  Thanks for your interest though.

• Jatheish unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Archived