Small Tribe Taking on the broodmother.....

Penfold0110

We are 5 at the moment.
We play vanilla with double harvesting rates, no mods to damage or defence. 

Very soon we will be in a position to summon the broodmother.
I'm wondering what we would need to take in to make that fat spider dead!
We have been grinding drops and have full Master Craft sets of riot gear.
MC compound bow and MC fabricated rifle and 225% Damage Asc Assault Rifle.
But the land drops have not been that kind to us, still no decent Rocket Launcher or Rex saddle. Do we need to upgrades in those areas?
What kind of dinos should we be taming to tank the spider and clear up the Arnos Spawned from the BM? we were thinking a Rex each, it must have the highest HP for damage output.
we have a gang of imprinted dire bear with about 8k health, but will they last?
Stimulants sound pretty essential as well as medical brew.....any other foods that help out?

We did a little maths and if our numbers are correct with the AR we have we would all need to be shooting constantly for 8mins and would need 2 of the rifles each as they will break before we get the damage done!
it also worked out close to 6 vaults of Gun Powder needed to make the ammo we need just to take down the Broodmother let alone its minions.

Thanks for your input
P.

I would tame turtles (these tank beautifully at high levels) and Rexes primarily. I would also recommend looking into Spinos, Bears, and Dimorphodons (yes, you read that right), as all of these can do some pretty impressive damage, though they don't tank well. I haven't tried it, but Allosauri may also be worth considering if you can get the Alpha buff

We hatched 3 turtles last night as the start of our defensive wall! thanks for the tip.

We then did a little more maths. it looks like we are going to need 30000 obsidian to make the 15000 polymer for the 2 assault rifles each.
Obsidian will be the biggest bottle neck in all off this. Our Dodec up the Volcano gets around 700 a run.... its going to take us a month just to get the obsidian.
after 900h of play to get to this point I'm not sure if I have the grind left in me!

Thanks again
P.

24 minutes ago, Penfold0110 said:

We hatched 3 turtles last night as the start of our defensive wall! thanks for the tip.

We then did a little more maths. it looks like we are going to need 30000 obsidian to make the 15000 polymer for the 2 assault rifles each.
Obsidian will be the biggest bottle neck in all off this. Our Dodec up the Volcano gets around 700 a run.... its going to take us a month just to get the obsidian.
after 900h of play to get to this point I'm not sure if I have the grind left in me!

Thanks again
P.

Go for Rocket Launchers, Assault Rifles are weak vs. Dinos compared to the DPS of a Rocketlauncher (even a normal one).

Save the auto rifles and go for Rocket launchers, lots of ammo and more as they will break, back when I did it , it was summoned at obelisk and not an arena so no you cannot use some things and tactics however high damage is what you want, and quickly as she will regen some health if you don't keep firing on her.

Back in my first attempt it was a Quetz and a boat load of ammo......I'm not even sure how much will actually arrive with your arena spawn/group....if its anything like the recent ones you may have issues.

I haven't fought the Broodmother in the arena yet. Are you able to build down there? Can you slap down some metal behemoth gates to to trap it as a similar approach to a giga?

Last time I fought her, she was level 48 and had exactly 1,100,000 health. She regains quickly so don't let up. Keep at her until she dies or you do - regrouping only makes it harder. Also with her regain, if her life is 1100000, then you actually need the weapons to do well over that because she will be regaining health along the way. The faster you can beat her, the less damage you will need to do. 

We found having a magnifying glass was encouraging to see that we were in fact winning overall.

You can't build in the arena =/

We killed her with 8 beefy imprinted rexes all fed enduro stew within 7 minutes. 4 were mounted, one got down to half health but she fell off the bridge to the spiders below. Just don't get off your rex or she will one shot you with her swipe attack.

All rexes but 2 had 20k health and 500% melee. The two weak ones had 18k health and about 450% damage but they did just fine. There were no rex casualties.

Our saddles I believe were 60 armor.

You can save yourself a lot of materials if you go this route.

Broodmother isn't very hard still, ape might give you more of a challenge though.

21 hours ago, CyanicEmber said:

A high HP Paracer with a Mini gun Turret on its back would be good for mobile fire support.

cant take them into the arena I'm afraid. we thought about taking in some kind of battle tank, but all research says it wont get teleported to the arena.

So many resources to collect with too high a risk to fail!
we only have a ramshackle Rocket Launcher and primitive Rex saddles. just 1 120 Rex and that has been attack levelled.

We have about 12 imprinted bears....one of the tribe has gone on a cross breading frenzy to try and make a super bear. but they only have 8000 - 9000 hp.
People are talking 20k hp so I'm assuming those bears will not be tough enough!

What ever method we use, its going to be hard work.

Thanks again.
P.

On 15/09/2016 at 1:41 PM, Penfold0110 said:

cant take them into the arena I'm afraid. we thought about taking in some kind of battle tank, but all research says it wont get teleported to the arena.

So many resources to collect with too high a risk to fail!
we only have a ramshackle Rocket Launcher and primitive Rex saddles. just 1 120 Rex and that has been attack levelled.

We have about 12 imprinted bears....one of the tribe has gone on a cross breading frenzy to try and make a super bear. but they only have 8000 - 9000 hp.
People are talking 20k hp so I'm assuming those bears will not be tough enough!

What ever method we use, its going to be hard work.

Thanks again.
P.

You are very, very wrong.

Done on official.

• 1 month later...
On 15/09/2016 at 3:52 PM, Jtmorris said:

Let us know how it goes!

I Return Victorious! 

Our tribe is down to 4 Members so it got even tougher!

A quick break down of how we did it......
1 tank person, with a master craft pump action shotgun and 300 shells. on the back of a super turtle....17k hp.
1 rocket guy with 6 Ramshackle Rocket Launchers and about 60 rockets. he was on the back of a fully imprinted super bear with 9000k hp.
2x snipers, each with a MC Shotgun and 400 shells, MC sniper with 200 rounds and a compound bow with 200 arrows. both on the back of fully imprinted super bears.
also in the mix were 5 more super turtles and 4 more super bears.
We all had full sets of MC Riot armour.
other items we all took in were,Medical Brew, Stimulants and tasty cakes on all the turtles, we hoped as they got tired they would eat the cake and regain 500hp at the same time they refill the hunger.
We spent so long preping all this stuff, we built a super gunpowder farm, we had timers so we could go back and get more obsidian as soon as it respawaned......it was like work!

Being down on the number of humans at our disposal we had to produce a meat shield we thought would last the battle.
The Tank waded in and met the horde of spiders. close too but not right under the BM. With the new ability to shoot from the mount he could attack the spiders with the turtle tank while still shooting at the BM.
The Rocket guy kept laying down a steady stream of rockets aiming to catch the spider horde in the splash damage. he also directed our other dinos, sending in a turtle to tank and a bear to damage, as one or both fell he would send in reinforcements.
The 2 snipers were there to keep on shooting the BM no matter what........in the end they didnt even attack with their bears, they just sat back shooting from them.

We killed it with about 4mins left on the clock and about 2 shots after the last of our meat shield died!
We also didn't have to shoot an arrow. but we used most of our other ammo in the battle.

Thanks to everyone that helped out and i hope my tribes tactics help out someone else.
P.

Archived