Kibble for Ankylo, Doedicurus, Argentavis etc

MrPNut

Judging by the terrain i think that might be exact well I've actually connected a pipe to.  If so i was able to connect it to the other side.  It might be a situation like you get with pillars sometimes where moving around and trying different angles allows it to be placed.  I'm at work atm but i can snag a photo later.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/20/2016 at 8:16 PM, scyt said:

i know you're meant to be able to  run pipes from  the water wells   without an intake  pipe  but  currently the  wells are no allowing you to snap the  pipes to them at least not on my single player world nor  does it work on my  friends   private server  here is what i get everytime i try to snap a water pipe to any water well.

Did you try vertical pipe? Its working for me.

• 1 month later...
On 7.9.2016 at 7:34 PM, NymeriaSaida said:

I know this may seem like a crazy idea, but have you ever considered that maybe it's working as intended because you're not supposed to be able to kibble tame max-level creatures in the desert, where growing crops is difficult and survival is more about capitalizing on what's available in order to get by?

It seems to me that they have made an effort to build the environment and features of the new map in such a way that following the traditional path of advancement from The Island and The Center (in other words, punch a dodo and then follow the kibble tree) is not necessarily the goal, and probably won't lead to the same sort of success that it would on the other maps. To me, it Scorched Earth seems much more focused on the challenge of survival... you know, setting up a little tent to ride out the sandstorm, then picking up camp and herding your caravan on towards the next watering hole, as opposed to building mega-bases bristling with turrets and breeding insanely OP utility creatures until you have easy access to every resource and creature you could ever want and essentially become a godlike lifeform with no threats to their safety.

Of course, that could just be because I play in a small tribe and started a brand new character on Scorched Earth so I could tailor his evolution to fit the environment, instead of being part of an alpha tribe that all ported over their preexisting max-level survivors from another server and immediately started trying to force those proverbial square pegs into the round hole that is this new world.

aha makes total sense... or not or they just forgot bout it... look at the sabres... not kibble tamed ... whats the reason for that ? they want the direwolf to shine or what? really people u are seeing much more than it is in this lack of care... If they really wanted a  different playstyle why the heck would u be able to transfer poop and grief people easily without fear to get hurt? tame bunch of poop ... kill people leave... and ur main server still is up .... Not really survivor like ... make people buy the game because its giving u a huge advantage ...

And if someone wants to explain me that they dont implement those dinos for the required kibbles because of the enviroment .. then tell me how in the world wouldnt a dilo fit in this harsh world?

With the upcoming nerf they will make alpha tribes even stronger... they break walls instead of playing it smooth. a reset from start and change of game is ok.. but letting it run and then just nerf like a maniac isnt a solution... wildcard will lose alot of more players. i guarantee it

On 9/7/2016 at 10:34 AM, NymeriaSaida said:

It seems to me that they have made an effort to build the environment and features of the new map in such a way that following the traditional path of advancement from The Island and The Center (in other words, punch a dodo and then follow the kibble tree) is not necessarily the goal, and probably won't lead to the same sort of success that it would on the other maps. To me, it Scorched Earth seems much more focused on the challenge of survival... you know, setting up a little tent to ride out the sandstorm, then picking up camp and herding your caravan on towards the next watering hole, as opposed to building mega-bases bristling with turrets and breeding insanely OP utility creatures until you have easy access to every resource and creature you could ever want and essentially become a godlike lifeform with no threats to their safety.

It would be cool if Scorched Earth had to be played without a base like you say above, but no, haven't seen a single person on the official PVE server I play on doing that.

All are building huge bases like always and that is working out very well for most of them. My tribe has 3 large bases, and at least 3 smaller outputs for specific things in the area they are built.

I will be the one BAD guy here to say- I do NOT want kibble for those tames listed.  Then again I like a challenge and a REWARD for spending time that others would not. I have also played ARK before there was kibble. I like the fact that not everyone has a level 200+ arge in SE. I understand not everyone has the time to spend hours taming- You can tame a lower level and focus stats to make it what you want.  Some tames should be rare IMO- Work hard OR use team work and get the best, dont have the time? Then get the best you have time for.

14 minutes ago, UNCLESID25 said:

I will be the one BAD guy here to say- I do NOT want kibble for those tames listed.  Then again I like a challenge and a REWARD for spending time that others would not. I have also played ARK before there was kibble. I like the fact that not everyone has a level 200+ arge in SE. I understand not everyone has the time to spend hours taming- You can tame a lower level and focus stats to make it what you want.  Some tames should be rare IMO- Work hard OR use team work and get the best, dont have the time? Then get the best you have time for.

Kind of make sense if you are playing PVP. If you have better tames, you have a competitive edge.

But what about PVE? If you don't want others to have as good of tames as you on PVE, then this starts to sound like something else completely. Something that does not make you sound like too good of a person :) But maybe that is what you are shooting for :)

Take a look at my suggestion, which is putting kibble and eggs into beacons, fish loot/ alpha kills etc. Want a 150 argent? Supply drop farm. A new paracer you desire? Fish eggs up. Need that Tapejara? Slay alpha wyverns. Adds to the challenge of hunting for kibble, but still get the reward of obtaining the creature.

On Tuesday, November 08, 2016 at 3:17 PM, UNCLESID25 said:

I agree wholeheartedly... I've spent a good amount of time luring and taming high level herbs, I took advantage of the evolution weekends.. this game rewards what you put in.. and I feel the lack of kibble wasn't much of a hindrance and steers you to the new tames.  

2 minutes ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

I agree wholeheartedly... I've spent a good amount of time luring and taming high level herbs, I took advantage of the evolution weekends.. this game rewards what you put in.. and I feel the lack of kibble wasn't much of a hindrance and steers you to the new tames.  

What about exploring for supply drops, fishing, killing alphas for kibble and eggs that can be used for precious tames? Still takes time to get kibble and supplies, tame itself is rather quick and easy. I would rather search for kibble than sit with a tame for hours. Maybe fertilized eggs for missing creatures can be exceedingly rare loot? Still got to hatch the egg and raise the baby

35 minutes ago, 10,000 Jelly Doughnuts said:

What about exploring for supply drops, fishing, killing alphas for kibble and eggs that can be used for precious tames? Still takes time to get kibble and supplies, tame itself is rather quick and easy. I would rather search for kibble than sit with a tame for hours. Maybe fertilized eggs for missing creatures can be exceedingly rare loot? Still got to hatch the egg and raise the baby

I never sit by tames.. I multitask and either cook meat/prime for jerky or harvest resources for building/tribe stock.. long tames are ezpz when you are efficient. And if you're prime taming,  fishing and alpha killing are already a big part of it on SE. You don't really explore for drops imo.. it's pretty easy to find them,  especially at night since there's no forest to block your vision. 

53 minutes ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

I never sit by tames.. I multitask and either cook meat/prime for jerky or harvest resources for building/tribe stock.. long tames are ezpz when you are efficient. And if you're prime taming,  fishing and alpha killing are already a big part of it on SE. You don't really explore for drops imo.. it's pretty easy to find them,  especially at night since there's no forest to block your vision. 

Tame a Galli, you must sit by it. No kibble for it either :( You still prepare with my idea, just makes long tames more bearable 

On 9/5/2016 at 9:58 AM, MrPNut said:

Hello everyone,

Some dinos are missing out of the kibble tree in Scorched Earth, so it takes kind of realy long to tame some high level ankylos / doedicurus / argentavis and more.

So there should be an other way to replace that kibble instead of spending 10 hours to tame a lvl 120 argentavis or something, right?

Greetings,

Mr P Nut

i just xferred dilos to my server, and prime meat should be good for any argy

1 hour ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

Some of the new tames are worth taming with the new kibble tree. We've tamed some Morellatops with vulture kibble, although not really necessary, a non-kibble tame is fine. We did tame our high level thorny dragons with the Camel Eggs though, which is really the only new kibble we found essential.

Really the only other kibble tame we do is for Rex, which is not from the new kibble tree.

Really it is like they are trying to get rid of the kibble tame, as it is almost not used except for two cases I mention above.

One example though of a tame you can't do without and there is no kibble is the Argentavis. Sure, once you have a few wyverns, you might not need the Argent bird, but you aren't going to replace it with the moth they added. There is no tame other than the Arent that you are going to use to get your first wyvern eggs and get milk from female wyverns. If the moth hadn't been nerfed so badly, it could fill that hole, but as it stands, it is no comparison. What is also strange, is the best way to get prime for a Argent tame is to kill a wyvern, and to do that, you are going to need a fast high level Argent, kind of a catch 22. Once past this hurdle, we progressed rapidly in the game, but this one thing slowed us down for a few weeks.

On Wednesday, September 07, 2016 at 1:34 PM, NymeriaSaida said:

I know this may seem like a crazy idea, but have you ever considered that maybe it's working as intended because you're not supposed to be able to kibble tame max-level creatures in the desert, where growing crops is difficult and survival is more about capitalizing on what's available in order to get by?

Of course, that could just be because I play in a small tribe and started a brand new character on Scorched Earth so I could tailor his evolution to fit the environment, instead of being part of an alpha tribe that all ported over their preexisting max-level survivors from another server and immediately started trying to force those proverbial square pegs into the round hole that is this new world.

Agreed

1 minute ago, rororoxor said:

i just xferred dilos to my server, and prime meat should be good for any argy

I kind of assume we are talking about the default mode of official servers in any discussion, because if you can transfer dilos, you could probably also just spawn in anything or use any number mods to get stuff done, there really are no restricts or real problems doing anything except those you or an admin impose on the server when you are not playing on an official.

Yes, if you could transfer dilos to an SE official server, that would be a whole different ball game.

2 minutes ago, wildbill said:

Some of the new tames are worth taming with the new kibble tree. We've tamed some Morellatops with vulture kibble, although not really necessary, a non-kibble tame is fine. We did tame our high level thorny dragons with the Camel Eggs though, which is really the only new kibble we found essential.

Really the only other kibble tame we do is for Rex, which is not from the new kibble tree.

Really it is like they are trying to get rid of the kibble tame, as it is almost not used except for two cases I mention above.

One example though of a tame you can't do without and there is no kibble is the Argentavis. Sure, once you have a few wyverns, you might not need the Argent bird, but you aren't going to replace it with the moth they added. There is no tame other than the Arent that you are going to use to get your first wyvern eggs and get milk from female wyverns. If the moth hadn't been nerfed so badly, it could fill that hole, but as it stands, it is no comparison. What is also strange, is the best way to get prime for a Argent tame is to kill a wyvern, and to do that, you are going to need a fast high level Argent, kind of a catch 22. Once past this hurdle, we progressed rapidly in the game, but this one thing slowed us down for a few weeks.

I've prime tamed a 135 argy (not on an Evo weekend) and I've primed others on the weekend.. the thing is, they're more utility than anything and if you have em running eggs and milk they aren't really needed besides. Prime comes from rex, Paracers, Worms, Boas, fishing, carnos... a good dire and vulture will get you the prime you need (plus tribe mates if you're lucky to be a good tribe). Ive lured wyverns on roos, sabers, foot, tapejara, moth... gotta expand your uses and skills with tames. 

What most of you don't understand it isn't about needing the higher level or whatever. I play on a player dedicated PVE server with 6x taming. I have no real "need" for max tames and even with berries the herbs aren't that bad but I still am annoyed. It feels like a complete step backwards. I can't even justify spending 2 hours on a 120 doed tame on SE it feels wrong to spend more time for a lower level and bad taming effectiveness. It's a lose lose situation. Do I need a 120? No. Do I want a 120? Yes. Not becuase stats but becuase I take pride in my tames. I'm not going to take the time to find a 120 when I can't kibble tame it becuase its taming effectiveness is going to be garbage with berries. On the center I refused to tame anything under 140(150 preferred), and everything I could kibble tame I did. Even my egg farm dinos(turtles, dilos, dodos, scorps) My dinos were my trophies, my base my trophy case. So my main motivation in playing the game was to get a pair of every dino 140+. On scorched earth I have lost all motivation, it's boring. Either the Dino doesn't have a kibble to tame it or its eggs are completely worthless making the Dino worthless. Scorched Earth is already lacking in amount of dinos it has, they made it so much worse by making almost all of them worthless.

Archived