Kibble for Ankylo, Doedicurus, Argentavis etc

MrPNut

Hello everyone,

Some dinos are missing out of the kibble tree in Scorched Earth, so it takes kind of realy long to tame some high level ankylos / doedicurus / argentavis and more.

So there should be an other way to replace that kibble instead of spending 10 hours to tame a lvl 120 argentavis or something, right?

Greetings,

Mr P Nut

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely has to be a diferent way. Maybe veggie cakes or something act as prime for the herbs but i have no idea for the argy.... If they are really going to claim this is the way they intended it im going to be very annoyed. This isnt balance its steps backwards.

Keep this thread active maybe we will get an answer.

@Jat @Jen has this been considered? 11 hours for a doed, 11 hours for a paracer, 10.5 for an ankly. That isn't ok. There either needs to be a new kibble for them or some kind of "prime" for herbs. 

Then there's the issue of imprinting. Is it pointless to imprint now? Did you ruin imprinting?

I agree with OP. I can picture both Dilos and Pachys on SE, they wouldn't seem out of place. Either that or do something to shorten the taming time on them even without the kibble, or change something in the kibble tree.

4 minutes ago, Rintrahhh said:

But you can't bring anything or kibble to SE from the Center or island. Unless they change that then it can't be truly parallel gameplay.

^This.

3 hours ago, Rickyh24 said:

Didn't they say the dlc is "complete"? I'm guessing It's working as intended. The kibble is probably not there for a reason. 

If it's as intended they are crazy. Think about it, on officials, it takes 11 hours to tame a 120 deodicurus, paracer, or ankly. The only option is crops or berrys. They aren't worth the time. On my server it's only 2 hours and it's not worth it for me, with kibble it would take under an hour. Its almost bad enough I'm about to change maps back.

Yeah, I did not think about kibble for breeding, that is probably going to be another problem. I hope they have another solution before we finaly got some breed worthy dinos. 

Also there is sabertooth, gallimimus and there is paracer mentioned earlier who need kibble that is not in Scorched Earth, I can not come up with other dinos for this part. 

i cant imagine that they didnt think of this.  it wouldnt have been a hard fix, they would just need to have a different Dino BP for the SE versions which specify a different kibble.  wait, has anyone checked too see if there is? i would if i was at home...  could they have changed the kibble type and not told us? hmmm, i think some testing is in order.....

13 minutes ago, madfretter said:

Maybe they figured that without  an easy way to grow crops people couldn't make kibble anyway, so they are waiting until the update to put in the other dinos.

And @LittleRedReaper although I have not tried it I kinda figure the whole point of the morellatop was to provide a water caravan that you could use to fill water resevoirs stationed outside your greenhouse. I don't know if it's feasible or what kind of drain the resevoir has but there definitely is an option to "fill reservoir" on the morellatop. If anyone has tried this please let me know how it works.

10 hours ago, LittleRedReaper said:

Pretty much. Not only is it EXTREMELY hard to even fathom growing crops for the simple reasons that a: You can't run pipes from wells. B: Even if you could, all the wells are claimed. C: It doesn't rain hardly ever, so reservoirs are out of the question. D: Who is going to run a pipe from a water source allllll the way to their base? So growing crops for kibble seems hard to me. Now if you can grow crops and make kibble, how on earth have the devs thought leaving key dinos out of the kibble chain was a good idea. The map is hard enough, I am not ever in my whole life going to sit for 11 hours on a game and tame a dino that could get killed easily. They really really need to fix this, or update the community on why this (in my opinion) HUGE oversight happened.

I've seen a base up on top of a plateau, where they have pipes going way down into a canyon, to I assume a pond or something. It looks like it took a day to build. So people will do it, but I would never do it. Even if you do get the water to your crops, the amount of work to make fertilizer without a phomia, is beyond what I would do for more than 4 crop plots.

I know this may seem like a crazy idea, but have you ever considered that maybe it's working as intended because you're not supposed to be able to kibble tame max-level creatures in the desert, where growing crops is difficult and survival is more about capitalizing on what's available in order to get by?

It seems to me that they have made an effort to build the environment and features of the new map in such a way that following the traditional path of advancement from The Island and The Center (in other words, punch a dodo and then follow the kibble tree) is not necessarily the goal, and probably won't lead to the same sort of success that it would on the other maps. To me, it Scorched Earth seems much more focused on the challenge of survival... you know, setting up a little tent to ride out the sandstorm, then picking up camp and herding your caravan on towards the next watering hole, as opposed to building mega-bases bristling with turrets and breeding insanely OP utility creatures until you have easy access to every resource and creature you could ever want and essentially become a godlike lifeform with no threats to their safety.

Of course, that could just be because I play in a small tribe and started a brand new character on Scorched Earth so I could tailor his evolution to fit the environment, instead of being part of an alpha tribe that all ported over their preexisting max-level survivors from another server and immediately started trying to force those proverbial square pegs into the round hole that is this new world.

21 minutes ago, NymeriaSaida said:

I know this may seem like a crazy idea, but have you ever considered that maybe it's working as intended because you're not supposed to be able to kibble tame max-level creatures in the desert, where growing crops is difficult and survival is more about capitalizing on what's available in order to get by?

It seems to me that they have made an effort to build the environment and features of the new map in such a way that following the traditional path of advancement from The Island and The Center (in other words, punch a dodo and then follow the kibble tree) is not necessarily the goal, and probably won't lead to the same sort of success that it would on the other maps. To me, it Scorched Earth seems much more focused on the challenge of survival... you know, setting up a little tent to ride out the sandstorm, then picking up camp and herding your caravan on towards the next watering hole, as opposed to building mega-bases bristling with turrets and breeding insanely OP utility creatures until you have easy access to every resource and creature you could ever want and essentially become a godlike lifeform with no threats to their safety.

Of course, that could just be because I play in a small tribe and started a brand new character on Scorched Earth so I could tailor his evolution to fit the environment, instead of being part of an alpha tribe that all ported over their preexisting max-level survivors from another server and immediately started trying to force those proverbial square pegs into the round hole that is this new world.

Sounds very interesting. So will you use the Paracer with a platform saddle for a mini traveling base? I think there is an dino like a beaver with a smithy, but you will want some powered items I assume, and you could put those on the platform saddle.

I think with the new tames abilities and the whip (for stone) the devs are kinda not wanting you to have to get high level Doed/Anky. I've gotten a lot more metal per node by hand then other maps and with higher whips you get stone like crazy. I feel they wanted to push a different style of play then the other two maps.

I am upset about the Argent kibble but since there are few flyers I think they are trying out the land travel. Making players travel on foot a lot more to get a better experience from the game then with an OP Quetz/Argent. Right @OnePotatoChip?  

12 hours ago, LittleRedReaper said:

Pretty much. Not only is it EXTREMELY hard to even fathom growing crops for the simple reasons that a: You can't run pipes from wells. B: Even if you could, all the wells are claimed. C: It doesn't rain hardly ever, so reservoirs are out of the question. D: Who is going to run a pipe from a water source allllll the way to their base? So growing crops for kibble seems hard to me. Now if you can grow crops and make kibble, how on earth have the devs thought leaving key dinos out of the kibble chain was a good idea. The map is hard enough, I am not ever in my whole life going to sit for 11 hours on a game and tame a dino that could get killed easily. They really really need to fix this, or update the community on why this (in my opinion) HUGE oversight happened.

You can in fact run pipes from wells.  The usual intake pipe isn't needed so just attach a segment to them and build from there.

Moreltops are a good solution if no wells are around.  Just go attack some cactuses and transfer it from them to a reservoir or the plots themselves.  Not the quickest but this is a desert after all.

Other than that, yeah, missing kibble is something that has been on my mind since early on.  I was under the assumption that the appropriate creatures must be around in some part of the expansion but as I've explored more they don't appear to be.  I only play single player and haven't looked into if creature transfers will work.  The 4 hour tames for low level creatures is rough enough - don't think I'd bother with a 120 right now.

Are there dung beetles in any of the caves?  If so that solves all the fertilizer issues.  I've only found one cave so far and was attacked by mantises and what i think was a deathworm so didn't have much of a chance to look around.

3 minutes ago, wildbill said:

Sounds very interesting. So will you use the Paracer with a platform saddle for a mini traveling base? I think there is an dino like a beaver with a smithy, but you will want some powered items I assume, and you could put those on the platform saddle.

You are correct, the Thorny Dragon has a smithy-saddle much like the beaver... which is why it's next up on my list of critters to tame! Getting a Paracer with a platform saddle and a little adobe structure built up on it's back would definitely be a nice upgrade to my nomadic lifestyle, but I'm not sure if it's worth the time investment for me to tame one. I generally don't try to build anything more advanced than a fabricator, so wiring up generators and getting electrical power isn't much of a concern for me. I've got a smattering of small adobe outposts scattered all along the riverbed that runs down the middle of the map, so me and my trusty Morellatops can wander wherever our resource needs (and general adventuring) takes us, and never be too far from shelter/crafting stations when we really need them. I also keep a spare tent in my Morella's inventory, so I can hunker down in case of unexpected sandstorms (although the Jerboa's warnings usually give me plenty of time to prepare for incoming weather).

9 minutes ago, Rancor said:

I am upset about the Argent kibble but since there are few flyers I think they are trying out the land travel. Making players travel on foot a lot more to get a better experience from the game then with an OP Quetz/Argent. Right @OnePotatoChip?  

I think this is part of why I've been enjoying Scorched Earth so much. Flyers are fun, but with the way the metagame has evolved, they have become pretty much the only mount worth having (besides the resource-gatherers). Now that everyone is being forced to reconsider the value of a decent terrestrial mount, it's much more common to see players riding around on a variety of different tames (instead of everyone using an argy or direwolf, and quetz or giga being the only logical choices for war mounts). I feel like it adds a nice level of customization and characterization to the game, where you choose a primary transport mount because you like it's style and not just because it's crazy OP compared to all the other options.

Archived