Community Crunch Contests: 61

Jatheish

• Administrator

Hey guys!

This the thread where you can submit your entries to the Community Crunch contests!

ARKitect!

This is an award given to Survivors to celebrate the amazing structures you build. These bases are judge based upon a number of different factors such as their creativity, uniqueness, how fun of a base it is, the difficulty of building it, the functionality it provides and much more! At the end of each week, the winners and runner ups will be featured in our #ARKitect section of the Community Crunch and will be awarded cash prizes! 

Note: We've had a lot of requests regarding the use of mods - go for it! We'd love to see how mods have influenced your bases

NEW CONTEST: ARKpocalypse! 

After a certain time has passed, these extinction servers - do exactly as they describe. They make everything on that server, become extinct. So here's what we'd like to do! We want to see your end-of-world moments, they can be epic-screenshots, a goodbye recording to your Dinos as you'll know it's the last time you'll see them, an epic clash against the big-tribes on the server - anything you fancy! But there are some key requirements. First of all, you must show us the gigantic meteor in the sky, be it through just the corner of our eyes, or a panoramic shot of the skyline, or even a few frames in the video! We want to see the impending doom that's about to affect Survivors on that server! And secondly we need evidence that you're actually playing on an Extinction server. Take a screenshot of the pause menu, perhaps in your base or somewhere where you're able to identify that the server is extinction, and it's happening soon! The shots must be taken near to the final moments!

So just to round that up, here's a TL/DR:

- Final moments in an Extinction server

Must include:

- Evidence that it is an extinction server (screenshot of the pause menu)

- Evidence that is is near the final moments (it displays how much time is left! Let's say 36~ hrs for now, and we'll see how the submissions go!)

- Giant meteor must be somewhat visible in entry!

Of course you can submit multiple entries for this, much like the others. Not sure how many we'll get this week as the time has passed but we'll see anyway! This will be a monthly-running contest, with a cash prize similar to the above :).

LIMITED ONE-TIME CONTEST: The Center Boss Fight!

large.20160518232700_1.jpg.1ad3c446453e4

For Official server The Center players, we're giving away $1000 cash, $500 to the first Xbox tribe and another $500 to the first PC tribe to beat both bosses on an Official PVP server. 

Screenshot proof of the pause menu in the boss arena including server name, as well as the items received from defeating the bosses must be provided! You can upload your images to our forums, and write a comment down below with the screenshots. Good luck!

ARKVideo

This contest will be open for all types of video be they funny, epic, scenic, stories, whatever inspires you. Just a general reminder that they should remain safe for work, think of the children! So send us in your videos and we cannot wait to watch them! We're really interested in seeing the latest video creations you guys have put together - so show us something fresh! :)

Uploading the images

Please upload the images to the gallery section of our New Community Hub - you can create your own album and directly link us to that or attach it to your post! Please remember to post your entry to this thread specifically! If you're not able to upload directly to the gallery, don't sweat as imgur will work fine too!

http://survivetheark.com/index.php?/gallery/

Prizes

Will start getting in touch with our latest batch of winners, expect a pm on survivetheark if you're a first time winner! - if you're a repeat winner, don't sweat it'll be handled automatically!

Thanks guys!

Looking forward to seeing the entries!

All the best,

Wildcard Jat

first Ark mod made on Xbox "Super Generator"

A small entry for Arkitect at the moment maybe one of my large ones later

This could be the first mod on Xbox if the Devs allow it i messed about with electric cables and generators for a while on ark and found a way to weld two together perfectly no gap or glitches and both can still be stocked with gasoline and work no problem its a little bulkier but looks so much better than the normal generator.

supergeny.jpg

LAME WOLF'S SUBMISSIONS TO ARKVIDEO:

The Diplo Does No Damage:

We come to the stark realisation that the Diplodocus doesn't deal any damage when headbutting people. This one is a bit of an emotional rollercoaster.

The Titano/Redwood Epidemic:

We posted this skit a while back as a reaction to the introduction of the Titano and the Redwood biome. A nice blast from the past.

Thanks again for your consideration!

I noticed there were no ARKitect entries as of Thursday Afternoon and only 1 submission as of this writing so I had to do something about that. Surprised at how empty this week is compared to usual. I changed my Thursday plans and came up with something pretty neat and fun :3 !

I created some visuals in my head of the Rainforest Cafe, Seattle Space Needle, Luxor Hotel, and some thoughts about UFO's and futuristic styles that lead me to designing this! The view from inside is very nice, you get lots of scenery.

It is very high-class and ultra modern themed. I think the mix of neon, animal habitats, lighting, and general sharp look create a very unique experience that make for a beautiful and fun hangout. The outside I just kind of thought Hollywood. The saucer part of the building is supposed to have a bit of a UFO look.

For #ARKitect
Angelus Restaurant!

I have a very few select images again on my Steam for record keeping but this covers only very little and I put no effort into making much as the video is good quality again http://steamcommunity.com/id/WolfAngelus/screenshots/  . That bar image is really neat though and I have a fully zoomed out image of the whole thing since it's hard to get in camera view.

There. Now the Crunch won't be super empty :3

Also for Jat: I was curious if a batch of prizes be going out again soon? Still waiting from Crunch #55 & #57. And of course I figure #60 will be a bit. Thank You :3

The entry I had in mind for this week isn't quite where I want it to be... but since the contest is a little light on entries this week I will put forth this very brief episode.  It's more of a "here's my gritty workshop" video than a "heres the cool stuff I made" video... but it's fairly essential to my series as it shows how my base connects to the rest of the project.

AVIARY and INDUSTRIAL FACILITY

I am not sure if mod submissions are allowed for the community crunch, but due to the fact that I created quite a lot of models, custom Dino behaviours and so on I'll just post it here - maybe some of it counts as art

About the mod

ARK: Survival Plus aims to bring a more immersive survival experience to the game. To achieve this the mod adds hundreds of new items, new crafting structures and a more in-depth crafting system that utilises amongst others tools, world-based crafting, clay shaping, glass blowing and intermediate crafting components. In addition the player faces new challenges - instead of just eating the player needs to take care to get enough of various nutrients, the elements are harder to endure, fights can result in wounds that need to be treated, and finally the Dino AI is getting a large overhaul. Animals behave smarter in general, and one by one animals get special behaviours - from mound-building Titanomyrma to Pelagornis that steel the player’s food. Dino taming is also being reworked - many creatures are rendered untameable to make survival more challenging. The remaining creatures currently have to be tamed with peaceful methods and entirely custom taming methods are a work in progress.

Detailed information can be found on our workshop page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=737702921

The mod is a joint project of myself (aka Tao) and Hamildor. Hamildor is doing the more complex 3D art and the balancing while I work on the actual modding, game play design and texturing.

Here are some images showing models that both Hamildor and I created as well as some of our custom Dino AI changes - Ants building hills and defending their territory, Pelagornis stealing food from campfires, cooking pots and food storage and bait that allows players to distract carnivores.

lZYj8xu.jpg

VdjHulj.jpg

aPyByQT.jpg

1CVAFRm.jpg

fGyF8ei.jpg

PaqND2I.jpg

GQt3Sy2.jpg

7d2RQfq.jpg

TKsf5Y6.jpg

OV8j0ud.jpg

10 hours ago, DHoffman24 said:

I would like to see your building! I was building on herb but recently moved to red red ob, also I'm building on official pvp server so makes everything a lot harder...

Unfortunately neither of us can anymore Xbox had to be factory reset an I lost some game data even though game data should of been fine.

What's up everyone, I hope you all are having a great week! I have a video for the Arkitect section. Its a cozy cottage build tutorial. I hope you enjoy!

P.S. Sorry for the post spam...not trying to clog the forum, just posting stuff when I upload it to YouTube.

Here is my channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/whitehearthhall

Here is the video, enjoy: 

Since the contest was delayed a bit I have had a chance to finish the video that had I wanted to be my main entry in ARKitect and I'd like to enter it as well.  As always, my builds are more of a habitat than anything else.

This is the latest episode in my ARK Evolution series on Mods and construction entitled:

REC CENTER and the RED ROCK CAFE

Whether you're looking for cultural and intellectual entertainment, or just want to boogie, Arboria has you covered.

Thanks BodyFarmer!  I've been fiddling around with editing on this one for almost a month, which is WAY too long.

I like your build so far a great deal, the multiple levels and your use of water (the dock) set it apart quite nicely.  Many elements of mine are pretty simplistic in comparison.

I wish there were more mods with various small boats included, they would be a perfect addition to your build.

Hopefully the contest will be judged this weekend.

Since you've given a teaser of what your next entry will be, to be fair I'll do the same (though I have no pictures).

I will definitely be showing off my daughters quarters in Arboria (sort of a cross between a penthouse suite and a closet tucked under the stairs, lol) and possibly an open air market, although I haven't really started on that part or decided for sure.  So if you enter the Bait and Bar for the next contest our builds should be dramatically different.

As always, good luck!

Hey, I have a quick request for feedback from the community in general and those submitting contest entries in particular.  It's a little time sensitive (as they may pull this thread down for judging later this evening) so please leave your opinion before that happens.

I have had one contestant (who will absolutely remain nameless) contact me and gave his opinion that my late entry gave me an unfair advantage in the contest this time around.  I explained to him that since the contest was delayed it allowed me to finish up editing on my preferred entry (nothing was added to "one up" anyone) but his point has some validity... I "could" have made changes to improve my chances of winning since the judging was delayed.

Normally I wouldn't be too concerned, but since prizes are involved now this contest has become very important to some of the entrants... and I fully understand that.

So here is my question to you.

Would you prefer I pull my Red Rock Cafe entry from the contest this time around?

If folks are more comfortable with that option, I have no problem with withdrawing it from this Crunch.  I'll simply enter it in the next one (although I may have to figure something out with TheBodyFarmer as he has a roughly similar build that will be entered in a future contest, and was kind enough to give us all a preview).

I'm not looking for any melodrama here, I just want to make sure I avoid any hint of it.  All I ask is that you let me know what you honestly think, as I don't want anything to negatively affect the contest.  Just keep in mind that they might do the judging as early as midnight tonight, and I'll go with the consensus at midnight US Central time.  There will be zero hard feelings on my part either way.

In the interest of fairness I'll count it as one vote in favor of pulling it down right off the bat, so that the opinion of the person bringing this up is kept confidential.

Thanks folks, and sorry if I've unintentionally stepped on someone's toes. 

Update:

Since this wasn't up long enough to get a response from the community, as a courtesy I'm going to pull my Red Rock Cafe entry from the contest this time around.

While I'm not happy about receiving an accusation of cheating and copying someone's build, it's not worth causing hard feelings in a friendly contest. I'll simply re-submit it next contest.

Good luck everyone!

Well, things have changed yet again.

In light of direct clarification from Jat and GamePerfection that entries made before the thread is pulled down are perfectly fine (as well as private urging from within the community), I'll go ahead and let my entry stand.  As far as allegations of "copying" someone's build, well, I'll let you be the judge.

Good luck everyone!!!

Archived