Missed the projected release by over a month?

GiggleSnarf

You announce it's release for the 28th. You say it will launch along side the PC update. The day of the release arrives and you delay it, on the day. On the damned day. Then you say it will only be a couple weeks. Implying to many fans that you will release it in roughly two weeks. You even let people believe that. You let them think it would be released around august 14th. You have no real communication with your fans at all. I love your game and I love what you do, but this is absolutely inexcusable. No dancing around this issue and saying it because of the certification process. It is because you chose not to tell people, not to inform your loyal fans. The people who bought the game. How do you miss a release date by over a month? 

• Volunteer Moderator
6 hours ago, GiggleSnarf said:

You announce it's release for the 28th. You say it will launch along side the PC update. The day of the release arrives and you delay it, on the day. On the damned day. Then you say it will only be a couple weeks. Implying to many fans that you will release it in roughly two weeks. You even let people believe that. You let them think it would be released around august 14th. You have no real communication with your fans at all. I love your game and I love what you do, but this is absolutely inexcusable. No dancing around this issue and saying it because of the certification process. It is because you chose not to tell people, not to inform your loyal fans. The people who bought the game. How do you miss a release date by over a month? 

It was announced that it would be coming out on Sept. 1 not all that long ago.

19 hours ago, GamerPerfection said:

It's coming on Sept 1st. It will be here man, just chill, there's worse things in life.

18 hours ago, ciabattaroll said:

It was announced that it would be coming out on Sept. 1 not all that long ago.

I am pretty chill, in fact I am normally the type to rally in favor of the devs, but alot of people feel that they should have been straight forward about this. On the 28th when the update was supposed to come out we had a vote on my personal server, and we wiped it in favor of prim plus. Then it didnt come out. That was info that could have been shared well in advance. My server members and I are angry because the lack of information, not the lack of an update. You cant announce a release date then on the day of release delay it. Thats not cool and it makes alot of us who choose the console version feel alienated. I've said it before, I love this game. I pretty much only play ark, and I own like all the games that are available. I own a second xbox just to run a server. I take this game a little more seriously than most. It gives me something to look forward to when I get home from work. It just saddens me that no one is handling any sort of public relations all that well. We want info, we want news, and videos, and all that fun stuff. It helps keep us happy. However with the lack of official news updates, we get attached to one thing that is supposed to come out on a specific day. When that doesnt happen and there is no warning it sorta pisses people off.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, GiggleSnarf said:

I am pretty chill, in fact I am normally the type to rally in favor of the devs, but alot of people feel that they should have been straight forward about this. On the 28th when the update was supposed to come out we had a vote on my personal server, and we wiped it in favor of prim plus. Then it didnt come out. That was info that could have been shared well in advance. My server members and I are angry because the lack of information, not the lack of an update. You cant announce a release date then on the day of release delay it. Thats not cool and it makes alot of us who choose the console version feel alienated. I've said it before, I love this game. I pretty much only play ark, and I own like all the games that are available. I own a second xbox just to run a server. I take this game a little more seriously than most. It gives me something to look forward to when I get home from work. It just saddens me that no one is handling any sort of public relations all that well. We want info, we want news, and videos, and all that fun stuff. It helps keep us happy. However with the lack of official news updates, we get attached to one thing that is supposed to come out on a specific day. When that doesnt happen and there is no warning it sorta pisses people off.

They actually can though. It's not a hard release date. Wildcard has never given a hard release date on anything. Everything has been an estimation, which has a tendency to be overshot.

2 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

They actually can though. It's not a hard release date. Wildcard has never given a hard release date on anything. Everything has been an estimation, which has a tendency to be overshot.

and yet on the video which showcased the mod coming to both pc and xbox, in big bold letters is july 28. With no info stating in any manner that it is in some way an estimation. Also in the very few news updates that came out during that time, to my knowledge none of those spoke of it being an approximation. It was a solid release, through and through. For the pc at least. One of the reasons we were excited is we were finally catching up. they even said we would be. Then on the day of release they go back on their word. Just not good PR. Again communication is key. They new weeks in advance it wasnt happening. They never submitted it for certification.

• Volunteer Moderator
5 hours ago, GiggleSnarf said:

I suggest next time you plan to do a wipe in readiness for an update that you do the wipe AFTER the update has come. I don't see why people are so eager to do wipes prior to an update. It makes no difference to the game whether you do the wipe before or after, but it makes a hell of a difference to you if you do it after the release because then it is guaranteed.

I think maybe lessons learned here as to how you and your friends handle wipe situations for incoming updates.

LOL all these Xbox people are losing it over this update being pushed back is to funny. You guys should read some of the complaints coming from the pc players and be glad they did push it back. I am a Xbox player also and while i am sitting here bored senseless waiting i am also glad i am not sitting here raising cane about Allo's spawning inside my house or other areas destroying all my stuff i have worked to hard to build and collect. Think about it would you rather wait for it to be released in a better situation or rush it out then have to fuss about all the stuff not working right or spawns destroying all your stuff or worse case like the Center Map deal and shut down the whole game for days on in? ( As one of the few players that lost everything in the Center map deal i feel the wait is a much better option.)

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 3:00 AM, GamerPerfection said:

I suggest next time you plan to do a wipe in readiness for an update that you do the wipe AFTER the update has come. I don't see why people are so eager to do wipes prior to an update. It makes no difference to the game whether you do the wipe before or after, but it makes a hell of a difference to you if you do it after the release because then it is guaranteed.

I think maybe lessons learned here as to how you and your friends handle wipe situations for incoming updates.

The lesson here is to not trust anything about a release date WC puts out.

Not enough information was given when it was needed.That aside. This post was meant to bring to light some issues that I think need to be addressed. Yet all we got was excuses and hostility. I get it, you love the game and apparently the devs can do no wrong. However all of this isn't why I made this post. I just wanted an intelligent conversation about the way in which the devs communicate with their fans, I had no idea I would get ganged up on by mods. Just shut it down. The last thing we need here is more arguing.

You wont have a meaningful conversation with moderators they are quick to warn and shoot down everything you say. They attempt to make you see that dates are not hard set even though they are in some cases. Bottom line is WC needs to learn to communicate better with the Xbox crowd, updates about delays instead of hush hush about everything will control the masses better than moderators that bash, smash, warn and delete posts.

Just like in relations ships open communication is good.  Wild Card is not good at relationships.

P.S. GP or CR if your going to warn me for this please put more explanation than 3 words. also if you do can it be an odd number of points? I'm at 8 right now and hate even numbers.

• Jerryn locked this topic
  • Administrator
On 16/08/2016 at 0:48 AM, GiggleSnarf said:

We did indeed miss the release date of the 28th, we weren't able to deliver on it and I apologise, it certainly wasn't for lack of effort - especially when you find yourself working more than sleeping for the duration of the month ;). We provided reasons as to the delay, and yes it should have been communicated better but that's something we'll always suck at as we'll do our best to reach the deadline. 

We did indeed say it would be a couple weeks away, but never implied 2 weeks - in fact, any time someone had asked me directly - I would tell them that there isn't a precise ETA right now and when we have one, there will be one posted on the patch thread, as we do with all our ETAs. On the 14th/15th (don't remember which), the Patch thread was updated with our new ETA for the arrival of the content. 

If you want to know why it was missed, you can check out - http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1soup47 

Though delaying the release was for the best, as Primitive+ is still working through some issues. There should be a PC patch coming up soon which hopefully resolves a lot of bugs/broken elements to the game mode. It definitely isn't an easy process converting a TC to Xbox, but it's in a good state looking at the current PC build. 

Archived