ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

4 minutes ago, SurvivalArtist said:

the fence gate is the most important for me bc destroying a fence piece every time I want to enter my dodo compound is not an option in the long term

Sounds painful. Another painful thing: when you use a sloped cieling as a ramp, have a door way at top of said ramp and ceiling directly above, it won't let you walk through a fore mentioned doorway.

Can you do something about not being able to walk through an opening or door way if there is a sloped cieling as ramp and ceiling above? The hit boxes prevents you from walking walking past, especially if there is door way there.

I'll try and get up a drawing.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can the extended info (Default H key) be a toggle switch so we don't have to hold it down to keep the basic info? 

Also, can console commands that effect startup variables automatically write those changes to your configuration? While I don't mind typing them in, would speed up the entry a bit. (Things like r.bloomquality 0, gamma 3.3, etc...)

I play on both pc and xbox. On Xbox you can't see the map while you are on a dinosaur,  if you have 3rd person view enabled. Also, could you maybe add another way to transfer items on Xbox, instead of holding down the "A" button for a second. It becomes so tedious when transferring a lot of items. Lastly, can we get a way to zoom out while in orbit view (also on xbox) . To help with building and so. EDIT: Thank you DaEndGame for noticing me that it actually exists an zoom on xbox

Thanks for a great game!

1 hour ago, Liktorn said:

Lastly, can we get a way to zoom out while in orbit view (also on xbox) . To help with building and so. 

Thanks for a great game!

Just press LB while in orbit mode and it'll zoom out. I wouldn't advise building in orbit view on xbox though, as the green structure out line is actually pushed forwards from where it actually places. 

Speaking of which:

On xbox, are you able to fix orbit view building so it actually shows where it will place? Currently it shows the green structure outline a good 10-20 meters away (roughly). 

Can we have pocket cages (pokeballs) with tek tier? pleeeeeaseeeeeeee

-Save the creatures in "pokeballs" will reduce the lag from bases with a lot of creatures.

-and adds the surprise of enemies in attacks / raids. 

-also balances the game, as those bases at strategic points where the creatures can not climb or go and have advantages over others.

-If this is done and a creature appears in a place that does not fit, it will increase the damage received by crushing.

My question is about the grinder.

I have an alliance with another tribe and they let me use their Grinder now and then. While I can grind up stone and wood without any problems, I recently wanted to grind up some saddles that I found in beacons, but have no use for me. Unfortunately when I clicked on the items, the grinding-button not appeared for me. But a member of the tribe who owned the grinder could.

Is that intentional?

12 hours ago, Neizan said:

Can we have pocket cages (pokeballs) with tek tier? pleeeeeaseeeeeeee

-Save the creatures in "pokeballs" will reduce the lag from bases with a lot of creatures.

-and adds the surprise of enemies in attacks / raids. 

-also balances the game, as those bases at strategic points where the creatures can not climb or go and have advantages over others.

-If this is done and a creature appears in a place that does not fit, it will increase the damage received by crushing.

Couldn't think of anything worse to add to the game. Just my opinion. Ark right now is semi realistic. I know the Tek Tier is coming but that would totally ruin any immersion in the game (not saying there aren't things in the game that do that already).

Come to think of it, people could just randomly fly over walls and then spawn a Giga or Titanosaur. Would totally break the game

My question is if you are willing to implement a specific spawning system in PVP? This system will be an alternative to blocking spawns.

For example, a player builds upon a spawn point, the spawn point is blocked and flagged. Once the flag is initiated the alternate spawn point goes into effect and takes over until the flag is removed (ie removal of player item from area). It locates itself 1 coordinate away in any direction from the blocked spawn point. As an additional attribute, this spawn point could have an attribute where it moves 1 coordinate in any direction until it finds a spot on the map that does not have a player built item on it. This would solve the spawn problem and would be impossible for players to block the spawn points since it randomly shifts position in any direction. Thus allowing random spawns to spawn outside of base.
This also removes the solution of blocking the spawn entirely since it merely diverts it to an alternate spawn point. Of course this may take some extra coding but I believe this is the best way to handle this issue rather then allowing the player to spawn inside the base. Have you considered a system like this? Are you willing to for a better gaming experience?

Can we get a mini map popup on the H.U.D(perhaps top left corner) when riding tames in third person it would be a great help so we don't have to jump off of our tames in a dangerous place to find out were we are. And so we don have to switch between first and third person on the settings constantly.

And also will you add the ability for spyglasses to work while riding aquatic tames.

1 hour ago, Jonathanasger said:

Are there any plans as to adding drones? Military drones, which could carry a couple of rockets or surveillance drones that can spy on enemies?

Or if not, perhaps mountable cameras and some form of mountable remote to tell the creature where to go?

I might draw another of my amazing pictures to visualise what I mean!

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived