ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will there ever be fence foundations that can level out? (so you won't have uneven foundations and it can support roofs?)

Lets say you place a fence foundations and the ground is at a slope going down. The next fence foundation you place will be highlighted blue and it is only visible to you. What you can do is cancel it or go get resources to click e or trigger button to build it. The more height the fence foundation is the more resources you'll need! This can solve the uneven fence foundation problems!

Can we get the ability to turn off ORP on certain objects via the radial menu?

Like if we have arranged a trade with someone who will be coming online later, but you've got to go to work/school/offline. So you place a box somewhere they know where it is and give them a pin code to it that way they can access the box and make the trade... (yes, allow the object to still be able to be destroyed by anyone who finds it as well, or not, your call...)

You can also add a checkbox in the Tribe Manager to allow only certain ranks of tribe members to do this...

When Offline Raiding Prevention is active, nothing can be accessed...

1 hour ago, Giveaway412 said:

I understand that it's been planned for there to eventually be aquatic and amphibious mating/life-cycles. Can we eventually expect the same to be added for insects and other Invertebrates?

The only insects we can tame at the moment are the scorpion which would be cool to see bred and the spider which WC has already said they wont allow to breed, and the arthro not sure that thing needs to be able to breed they're pretty damn strong already.

Concerning the Megaloceros, I'm aware of that the males will eventually be receiving the bleed effect mentioned in their dossier, however I'm concerned that the females won't see use. As it stands now, the bonus movement speed they have currently isn't enough to really justify taming them for really any reason over the Gallimimus, and their lack of an attack, even a weak one, makes them extremely dangerous to travel with in comparison to any other choice, assuming you ignore flight options.

Given that, what are your thoughts on allowing the use of weapons from the saddle of the female? Such action is alluded to with the loading screen, with the woman on the raptor wielding an assault rifle, and the man on the sabretooth brandishing a bow. I understand that this would be a powerful thing to have, but I feel that with certain restrictions it would make them a viable "combat" mount without disrupting the balance of power, and I feel that the Female Megaloceros could use a thing like this to give them some unique utility.

Thoughts on how this could be accomplished:

1. Change the Megaloceros's movement to resemble the Bear or Rhino, with a charge up mechanic, though less drastic than either. (This would affect both Males and Females I'd imagine)
  2. Player's melee attacks gain a percentage of the Female Mega's "melee damage" stat, based on how fast the Mega is moving at the time of the attack.
  3. Similarly, ranged weapons suffer reduced accuracy based on how fast the Mega is moving.

42 minutes ago, MarioMan9112 said:

The only insects we can tame at the moment are the scorpion which would be cool to see bred and the spider which WC has already said they wont allow to breed, and the arthro not sure that thing needs to be able to breed they're pretty damn strong already.

Oh, I've missed that they said the spider will never b breedable. Do you know why?

3 sets of questions:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Force Fields/Shield Generators have been confirmed for the Tek Tier. How will they work?

a.) Is it a sphere type shield that protects a certain area, providing a visual force field and negating long range projectiles? If so how can animals and people cross it? Do we go around or would we simply get close and thru it?

b.) Structures in the generator range will gain a bonus bar with hit points, referencing a "shield" which essentially absorbing all kinds of damage? Example: Once depleted the structure will take damage otherwise it will just regenerate. Will there be a visual indication of an energized wall/structure? If so, the display is only when it is attacked or is it passive/constant?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cloning Chamber and Incubator, how do they work?

The incubator seems to be a feeding through for babies specifically, allowing babies to eat from it directly without a human handler and at the same time negating adults from reaching it, is this it? How will it affect imprinting?

Will the cloning chamber allow us to pick attributes and animal color scheme as well as isolate or chose certain mutations? How is this machine "fed"? Does it involve extracting dino DNAs from across the island to get a particular strain? Is this the only way to get the MysteriousMystery creatures??? You can strike the last one... actually no, do give me the answer to the last one too. =)

Vehicles and Bionics, is it still a debate/dialog at Wildcard?

I know vehicles are part of an internal debate at Wildcard for rather or not to implement them, however rafts were well accepted and speed boats are coming which has created some excitement for our tribe. About 14 months ago you guys suggested a helicopter class type vehicle, it would be interesting to have it but as a Tek Tier carrier aircraft (with jets, no propellers) which could allow us to move sea creatures around as well as large quantities of resources. Is this still an option you are discussing?

With the vehicles topic, there are the bionic dinosaurs, personally they are pretty cool and seem wasted as a skin, the Ark gamepedia suggests they will be in the main Ark. I dare to hope we will construct those, but there are many theories, suggesting they are bosses, metal chewers, etc... Could you elaborate on how will the Bionic Rex and Giganoto be handled with Tek Tier? Possibly a Bionic Trike? 

Thanks, game is the best ever. Seriously, can´t wait for Tek Tier.

For the Xbox:

Question:  If possible, could you make the xbox controller chatpad capable of being used in a similar manner to the PC keyboard?  Or even just a regular wireless keyboard, connected to the xbox?

Reason:  This would dramatically improve core game mechanics, such as being able to easily and rapidly utilize various whistle commands, versus having to stop moving and access the wheel interface; accessing the full hotbar with one button press; being able to more efficiently and quickly manage inventory; and being able to hotkey specific emotes, again, without having to go through the wheel interface.  Thanks for the great game.

Any chance the dossiers unlocked could be saved in the cloud either per account or per character with an option to reset it? I play on multiple computers and have formatted my computers a few times since starting to play and each time I need to start over with the dossiers. Would love it if they were per character (or if it's optional per character or per user) as it's in some way a measurement of how far that character has come!

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived