News on The Center for ARK Ascended?

On Feb. 23rd, WildCard announced that The Center "wasn’t on track to launch with the level of quality we require" in Crunch #398.  That was one month ago.

Is there some sort of secret-squirrel Discord message I missed providing more information on when this map would launch, or has no extra information been given and people have simply stopped asking?  The crunches and community managers have fully pivoted to talking about the release of Scorched Earth without a single new mention of The Center, and the last we heard, some kind of "partner" was working on The Center.  As far as I know, the phrase "partner" denotes someone who is not part of WildCard working on a map through some kind of agreement, and this is concerning.

We haven't heard anything for a month about The Center on the forums that I'm aware of, and "partners" usually want money for their work.

I am concerned because looking at the store page for ASA, the non-canon maps are listed separate from the canon maps, and set off with the following text:  "We also plan to have the previously released free DLC available: The Center, Ragnarok, Valguero, Crystal Isles, Lost Island, and Fjordur."

Tinfoil-hat theory below.

Spoiler

Some tinfoil-hat part of me sees something in that particular phrasing: "previously released free."  Are they planning on making us pay for the non-canon previously released free DLC maps?  Like I said, the conspiratorial part of my brain is pinging about this, like the reason they gave us the Gigantoraptor and haven't said a word about The Center on the forums since Feb. 23rd outside of "a partner is doing it" is because they are trying to get out SE (more "free" content) before dropping a paid microtransaction map (The Center priced at $10, like the new map with the S name)?  Because it would be too soon and there would be big WildCard backlash for releasing ASA with The Island to boomerang around with The Center map next for a microtransaction of $10?

I am probably nuking this out by overthinking (especially my dumb theory), but at any rate what is the deal here?

When is The Center launching?  Is it back to the ~May timeline?  Is it imminent?

I do find the statement about delay slightly comical

Makes you wonder how bad it really must have been, because they were happy to launch the main game in the state it was in on release?

To be so close to release date before making a final deciscion to postpone- was very disapointing, and like a few others- Island for me was my least fave map, but here we are nearly 6 months from the release, and already missing 2 expansions that were supposed to happen within their own timeline.

How to utterly fail, set your own agenda and timeline, then continually fail to meet every one of them.

WC          Centre will be released on Tuesday

Players    This Tuesday?

WC           ...

Re Backlash for releasing paid content before full gold release, I bought the season pass to get Scorched Earth. There was plenty of hurt players that vowed never to play Ark again because of this. The rest is history.

Never ascribe to conspiracy that which can be attributed to ignorance (or incompetence). Penn Jillette (and me).

It is pushed back indefinitely. As in, there is no specified date. It is not even being remastered by Wildcard, but a different third party studio. So, I imagine it will come out after scorched earth at some point when it is ready.  You will hear more about it as it comes to completion and they have something to report. 

I would guess around the time it was originally supposed to launch. 

Edited by Zeldei